Beat up Clyde - Can't break platform leg

StarFists

Question

While playing through the quest "Beat up Clyde" I got to the second floor of the tower with the Nazi Zombies. After defeating them I tried to break the platform and tried to shoot the bat in the tire. But with no luck. I explored the area to see if I had missed anything also coming up with nothing. This might be a possible glitch or my own fault. I am running on a Windows 7 PC. I have attached a video in hopes that people can see what I'm doing and can help me along from there.

http://youtu.be/rOY0xShcjtg

Thanks.

6 answers to this question

Yes I have encountered this same glitch as well as many others. I believe most bugs in this game are linked to warping in to Kyles back yard from a fast travel location but only after you return from Canada. I've avoided warping in to his back yard and choose to use the front door instead because of this. It's done some pretty random stuff to my game, the above glitch you mentioned was unrelated but I know what triggers it.

Here is a list of what's happened to me so far playing this game.

#1 Bug: The Mouse-Tik Chinpokomon is missing from the girls hideout after you return from Canada. It's just not even there...

Solution: Reloaded my save from before rescuing the Prime Minister of Canada and did not warp in to Kyles backyard before entering girls hideout.

#2 Bug: Could not buy gear from Kyles shop after warping in to his back yard.

Solution: Reloaded my save, warped to Kenny's house, walked over to Kyles and was able to purchase items again.

#3 Bug: After luring all the enemies over to the lantern and using a fart to destroy them all I could not hit the leg of the platform in Clydes Tree Fort to progress the game.

Solution: Reloaded my quick save just before kiling the group of Nazi Cats / Zombies and killed them in a normal battle instead of using the lantern.

#4 Bug: Shoe does not appear on the top of Clydes Tree Fort.

Solution: Had to reload a save file from before finishing Canada and made sure not to warp in to the back of Kyles yard ever. Reloading quick saves does not fix this issue.

Summation:

I believe most of the above issues have something to do with warping in to Kyles backyard at any point after you return from Canada. I have used Timmies fast travel to warp in to Kyles backyard before this point in the game and it never caused any issues but for some reason after you return from Canada, this fast travel location causes some very weird bugs to occur and I've came to the conclusion that they're all linked to this one spot because after I stopped using it, I didn't encounter any of these bugs.

Yes I have encountered this same glitch as well as many others. I believe most bugs in this game are linked to warping in to Kyles back yard from a fast travel location but only after you return from Canada. I've avoided warping in to his back yard and choose to use the front door instead because of this. It's done some pretty random stuff to my game, the above glitch you mentioned was unrelated but I know what triggers it.

Here is a list of what's happened to me so far playing this game.

#1 Bug: The Mouse-Tik Chinpokomon is missing from the girls hideout after you return from Canada. It's just not even there...

Solution: Reloaded my save from before rescuing the Prime Minister of Canada and did not warp in to Kyles backyard before entering girls hideout.

#2 Bug: Could not buy gear from Kyles shop after warping in to his back yard.

Solution: Reloaded my save, warped to Kenny's house, walked over to Kyles and was able to purchase items again.

#3 Bug: After luring all the enemies over to the lantern and using a fart to destroy them all I could not hit the leg of the platform in Clydes Tree Fort to progress the game.

Solution: Reloaded my quick save just before kiling the group of Nazi Cats / Zombies and killed them in a normal battle instead of using the lantern.

#4 Bug: Shoe does not appear on the top of Clydes Tree Fort.

Solution: Had to reload a save file from before finishing Canada and made sure not to warp in to the back of Kyles yard ever. Reloading quick saves does not fix this issue.

Summation:

I believe most of the above issues have something to do with warping in to Kyles backyard at any point after you return from Canada. I have used Timmies fast travel to warp in to Kyles backyard before this point in the game and it never caused any issues but for some reason after you return from Canada, this fast travel location causes some very weird bugs to occur and I've came to the conclusion that they're all linked to this one spot because after I stopped using it, I didn't encounter any of these bugs.

The 3rd solution did work thank you!

Had the same bug, also had to reload an old save. 

I believe the bug was caused by leaving the room before destroying the post. The cow lift was reset when I re-entered (I left to get some loot I missed as I took the back entrance), so I think the room just barfs up if you leave it without completing it. I used the environmental hazards the 2nd time around, so that wasn't it.