patching for Polish subtitles?

milczyciel

Question

I'm just watching a stream in Polish (subtitles only, thank God no one got an idea about dubbing) and let me tell you that Polish translation is done badly on more than just a few occasions. Even worse than a lazy job - it's sometimes misleading making game technically worse.

Let me give you two example I just saw:

-"socially excluded" from one of the game inscriptions should be translated to "wykluczony społecznie" rather than "socjalnie wykluczony" because "socjalnie" have strong ties to things like "social security" and almost no connection to things like social media in Polish

-special attacks effects popup suggests it's weak against a given opponent, when in fact it's the other way around (that streamer I mentioned didn't realize that until he was said so by the chat user who played the english version before)

Plus, and I may be wrong on that one so in such case please correct me, it also seems they didn't bothered hiring the oryginal translator (Tomasz Kutner) of the series, thus ending up with inconsistencies between game and sitcom. That's something I can live with though....

So, the question is: are subtitles going to be patched? Because if not, then I will have to consider buying it either on steam (not very fond of) or import the box from UK (I'm a box fetishist :p) or just letting it go (game looks to good to do that). ATM I do not consider Ubisoft Polska (or whoever is directly responsible) lazy job to be worth my money.

Of course I know it's possible to change subtitles back to the oryginal (at last on steam) but while buying the game retail version in Poland I'm ending up rewarding someone, who IMO does not deserve it. AGAIN.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by milczyciel

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones." - Ross Scott

It's not that I'm lazy. I just don't care.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet