New Patch Broke My Game

SquintyNinja

Question

9 answers to this question

Patch also broke the game for me. Just says preparing to launch GAMENAME and closes and reopens in a loop. To J.Burke, I am running the Steam Beta. Confirmed that once turning Steam Beta off, it fixes the issue and I can run the game.

• Like 1

I can confirm removing steam beta has fixed this issue.

Strangely enough, I had opted out the beta a long time ago, but I used the -clearbeta command to launch steam and then it worked.

Disabling Steam beta clients really isn't a "fix" ...it's a stop-gap.  This still needs to be remedied by a patch from Obsidian ASAP so that even the beta clients work fully.  I'm not giving up In-Home Streaming, Family Sharing, Steam Music, etc. etc. across all my machines just to play one game when everything else in my library can handle Steam Beta clients just fine.

Disabling Steam beta clients really isn't a "fix" ...it's a stop-gap.  This still needs to be remedied by a patch from Obsidian ASAP so that even the beta clients work fully.  I'm not giving up In-Home Streaming, Family Sharing, Steam Music, etc. etc. across all my machines just to play one game when everything else in my library can handle Steam Beta clients just fine.

Unfortunately, this is a steam issue. We contacted steam to see what they can do to resolve the issue. The claim it's fixed as of a few hours ago.

https://twitter.com/IridiumGameDev

Ex-Obsidian Senior Programmer