Save issue, not sure if this is intended or not.

Coldcathode

Question

So I completed the game (Absolutely love it, started my 2nd character right away!), And after saving my 2nd game save in another save slot (as to keep my original play through) after restarting the game and continuing my 2nd save, my first save is now long gone.  I am not THAT upset because I will play this game over and over, but I would have loved keeping my original save.  Even though there was really nothing left for me to do, I wanted to have a save file for each class for completing the game.  Please fix this issue, If this was intended to only have 1 game save available then remove the multiple slots of game saves you can choose from =(. I hope this can be patched soon.

7 answers to this question

I have not had this issue with my saves and I switch between 2 characters currently.

Are you sure your first save was not a checkpoint save?

Until a better save system for multiple characters has been implemented I encourage people to backup their saves.

Your saves are located in Documents/My Games/South Park - The Stick of Truth/saves

Edited by Bazgrim

Yes I am positive it was not a check point save, every time I need to exit the game, I hit Escape, save game.  (Sorry I should have mentioned I play on PC).  Before I stopped my 2nd character when i first started, my first save was still there.  After starting the game back up and hit Continue, my 2nd character loaded up where I left off and after going to save my game cause I was exiting the game again, my first game save was gone =(.  Thank you for pointing out where the saves are though, So now i can properly back up

Also to note, after checking that save point location.  I see only Save point 1.sav in there, when i made my 2nd character, I saved in slot 3 (i skipped a slot on purpose to avoid accidentally overwriting my first).  So not sure if this would help

EDIT:  It will not allow me to post anymore posts.  Not sure if my last one went through but its CheckPoint1.sav through CheckPoint3.sav then EOptions and Aoptions, then Save slot 001.sav. 

EDIT2: ok i think i see what i did wrong, i guess i did not hit "Create a new save" I just double clicked on the third slot, which appeared to have saved it originally i believe.  So I guess it was on me and not the game.  Sorry about that.  Just wish I didn't lose my fighter!  I will definitely make a new one after playing the other classes lol fighter was a ton of fun, But I guess this is a lesson learned.  Thank you for the fast responses!  much appreciated, great job on keeping the support rolling. 

Edited by Coldcathode

Hm... It appears this may be a bug with the save system, skipping a slot will overwrite the first save since it increments save slots.

Ex. Save Slot 001.sav, Save Slot 002.sav

Developers browse the forums, they'll see this and look into it.

Unfortunately your save appears to be banished from space and time, I'm sorry. :(