I cannot change my items in game?

Bac0n

Question

System: Xbox 360

When I change my Hair, Eyewear, Makeup and Facial Hair nothing happens, my person just stays the same nothing changes.

Edit: Am skipping cut screens could that be why?

Edit edit: If needed too I can record a video showing what is wrong.

Edited by Bac0n

7 answers to this question

Are you making sure to hit equip button? Have you tried this with multiple hair styles?

Hi Bazgrim,

Yes they have the little tick next to them and they do work beasuse I just got the achievement "Day Walker" They just don't show up on my person.

I have tried all the hair styles I have and nothing.

Hm... The only other thing I can think of is to try to restart your game and see if it works.

If it doesn't, you may have corrupt data in your save or corrupt data in the game files.

If restarting doesn't help, create a new save for your current game.

Make a new character and try changing the hair styles and such on him after the tutorial is over and see if that works.

Hm... The only other thing I can think of is to try to restart your game and see if it works.

If it doesn't, you may have corrupt data in your save or corrupt data in the game files.

If restarting doesn't help, create a new save for your current game.

Make a new character and try changing the hair styles and such on him after the tutorial is over and see if that works.

Restarted and nothing still the same.

Made a new character after the tutorial I got some hair and changed it and it did not work :(.

Now here is the crazy part I have another save for another account (my brother) when he plays he can change his stuff no problem everything works for him. 

Can it be beasuse I skip the cut scenes?

Skipping cut scenes should have no effect on your character appearance.

Is the game installed to harddrive?

You may want to consider deleting your game cache and re-installing if possible. Please let me know if this helps:

1. Insert the game disc
  2. From the Home hub, select the game in the drive tray, and then press Y.
  3. Select Delete.

https://twitter.com/IridiumGameDev

Ex-Obsidian Senior Programmer

Skipping cut scenes should have no effect on your character appearance.

Is the game installed to harddrive?

You may want to consider deleting your game cache and re-installing if possible. Please let me know if this helps:

1. Insert the game disc
  2. From the Home hub, select the game in the drive tray, and then press Y.
  3. Select Delete.

I did everything you asked and yet it did nothing.

Are you sure skipping cut scenes should have no effect on your character appearance? I feel for some reason it does.

Am going to test it and report back.

I fixed it!

Here's what I done, I went to my HDD and deleted everything related to south park saves, settings everything!  

After doing this I restarted the game made a new save and everything worked fine! Even if I skip cut scenes. Am not sure why the saves did this? I hope it gets looked into and fixed J

And yes don’t worry I backed up my brothers saves lol.