O Canada quest bug

Poppernaut

Question

There seems to be a bug in the "O Canada" quest. I went through all the way to the part where after you talk to the Prince you have to go talk to the duke of Winnipeg. After going there he just keeps saying "if I had a dire bear pelt..." And no cut scene happens. I've seen on walk throughs that at this point he should continue the quest to go kill the dire bear that is blocked off but he doesn't. I've tried walking over but the bear is still blocked off. Going back and talking to the prince just has him say that I still haven't talked to the duke and to get out of there. I've gone through the cave and the other towns but the cutscene still won't happen when I go back to the duke.

I've tried loading old saves, leaving the zone, swapping allies after and before loading, dying, taking the Timmy fast travel. I've also created a new game and quit, loaded the old save and still nothing. I'm using the PS3 digital download version with the patch. Just deleted the game and I'm downloading it again to see if that does anything.

Anyone else run I to this or know a fix?

All I can tell you is that we are working on it, unfortunately I don't have an eta for a fix though.  Sorry guys.

Thanks for the follow up information.

I do hope the fix is sooner rather than later, even if it's a workaround and not a total fix.

I am also experiencing the same problem. Downloaded Version on PS3, patched before playing. I talk to the Earl and it says something with the dire bear pelts and I never saw a cutscene. The Canadian trooper isn't moving either for me to kill the bears. So like the others I'm in a dead stop in the game. Hopefully this will be fixed soon :]

It should be noted that we will need to know via this thread once an update is released since many of us are stuck at this point & would have no reason to start the game. Please make sure to notify us when a patch/fix is released so that we can start the game to get the update.

I was having the same issue with the O'Canada mission.  I decided to just mess around until a patch was posted.  Before the glitch I had just finished beating the last of the Big Game hunts so I went back to talk to Jimbo to complete the quest.  After doing that I went back to Canada and the cutscene started.  Haven't and another problem since.  Hopefully this helps at least a couple people having the issue with the O'Canada mission.

HEY DEVELOPERS I THINK I FIGURE OUT YOUR PROBLEM : I just bought this game two days ago and i just ran into this problem an hour ago. So i started to look for walkthrough videos and in the videos the players went straight to Winnipeg when they did that the game worked fine. I can't attest for everyone with the bug but i personally didn't do that i went and attacked the spider first and i went inside the cave. I think that the bug may have something to do with one of these to things tripping the main quest line before you're actually able to start the quest.

Hey guys,

I've encountered the same problem.

Playing Stick of Truth from the UK PSN Store. Updated and applied patch 1.01 before I started playing the game.

Took out the Barking Spider before I went to Winnipeg. Explored the rest of Canada. Then went to Winnipeg. Spoke to everyone before I spoke to the Earl. (Including the group of people around the dead body in the North East of the map.)

The Earl's cutscene will not trigger. He keeps talking about needing pelts.

I returned to South Park, completed the Big Game Hunt questline with Jimbo, returned to the Earl - and still not cutscene.

I've attempted re-loads of Save Files, this hasn't resolved the issue.

Hoping we can get an update, since we've not heard from the Dev team in a week?

Same problem and I do believe I talked to the Mounties before the Earl. Downloaded through Playstation store and updated before playing. Very disappointed to have paid full major title release price for a completely broken game. I was frustrated at the Fallout series buggyiess but this definitely beats that. It's one thing to read multiple bad reviews for a game and still chance it to find out for yourself it sucks. This is like paying to go see a movie, having the projector break midway through and getting booted out by the management. This is not fair to people who paid $59.99 for a functional game. You guys have my money, where is my product?

Yes, this happened to me too, 2 days after release I encounteted it and I have been in limbo since!

Physical disc... With patch.

I cant remember what I did leading up to the dire robe speech but I have done everything else possible but to no avail... Quite annoying.

Dear developers, people have been extremely nice so far, but it's about damn time you fix this! It has been twelve days since this topic was created and all we know is that you're working on it?
Not good enough any more! Your game is broken, people has payed for a product they can't use, that is a pretty big deal, and why this hasn't turned into a bigger deal than it has is .. unusual I think.

Fix your game!

My game is broken too, quite frustrating.

I played many games in my life and this has never happened.

Not the best way to take care of the people who spend 60$ to play the game instead of waiting for the price to drop. 

There is no excuse, i paid for something that ain´t working and the patch is taking way too long.

Good call Rubic! I was thinking of something similar. Canada is all crap anyways, right? Just have a guy standing next to Mr "I want me some dire robes" who says "Hey, has your game glitched? Welcome to Canada!" with an option to play the required cut scene.