Unable to get the "Shoe" chinpokomon.

Shelledfade

Question

21 answers to this question

This is just the way it is currently, I'm hoping in a future patch they will let us revisit these areas.

There is no way to obtain the shoe once you've finished, unless you create a new character.

This is just the way it is currently, I'm hoping in a future patch they will let us revisit these areas.

There is no way to obtain the shoe once you've finished, unless you create a new character.

I know, that's why I'm bringing it up. It makes it impossible to finish both the friends AND the chinpokomon collections.

Edited by Shelledfade

There's actually a bug I encountered where I couldn't even get Shoe or Mouse-Tik to show up... they just disappeared from the game code. Wicked massive bug... I had to reload my save file over 10 times when I finally realized that if you warp in to Kyles backyard from any point after you return from Canada there's a random chance they'll just disappear.

There are a lot of missible items in this game that you can never get a 2nd chance at.

I missed the Master Razor in the child abortion clinic and that ruined that achievement for me as well... this game is nightmare for completionists and achievement hunters.

I agree completely that it is a nightmare for completionists. There are even facebook friends you can completely miss and do not have any chance or opportunity to become facebook friends. At the end of the game I only had 116 friends out of 120, on top of missing that 1 chinpokomon. I went back to canada, in every house, and talked to every npc in the entire south park town and somehow still have 4 missing friends that, apparently, can no longer be accessed. (one or more being related to me missing the shoe chinpokomon).

Now I don't hunt for achievements in games, but I do like completing a game as fully as it allows me. They are two different things from each other, and I am quite pissed off that I cannot complete the friends page and the chinpokomon page, and even the weapons and armors page. 4 friends and 1 chinpokomon, and no way to complete it now. It feels like having a completely broken experience at the end of it all no matter how much I actually enjoyed the story and jokes, even though it still pointlessly allows me to run around the town, without being able to finish the collections in the game. Why on earth would you allow the player to continue playing the game afterwards if they CANNOT complete their collections ????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Either way, anything in this game that is considered collectable, be it a friend or an item, should be 100% fully accessible after you beat the end of the game. Then it would actually give purpose to the fact that we're allowed to still run around the place after we beat the last mission. What's the point though if we aren't allowed to collect the stuff we missed afterwards ???

This needs to be patched. Any item, friend, or chinpokomon should be able to be accessed after you finish the game. I have absolutely no idea why we're allowed to only visit Clydes tower once. Frankly that's bad design. Same goes for inside the alien ship, that is a 1 time trip only, and the abortion clinic (unplanned parenthood). Even parts of the school are locked off to you at the end of the game. 

Why the hell are all these places blocked at the end of the game ????????????????? Putting a collectable item in a place that you are only allowed to visit one time in the game, is what I like to refer to as r-tardnation. Why would you do this and then allow the player to be able to continue to explore the game? How are they supposed to complete the in-game collections, magical ass fairies?

Are they simply supposed to /shrug, completely wipe their save file that has 20+ hours on it and remake a new character due to inept game design? Yeah, there's definitely something wrong with that. This game was great, I had absolutely nothing negative to say about it at all, but after this... yeah, I'm pissed off. There is NO Reason to allow the player to continue running around after they have beat everything in the game if they are unable to finish their collections. It is an absolutely STUPID way to force the player to replay the game if they have missed something in one of these critically inept areas of game design.

inexcusable. I don't even feel like replaying it now after typing this. I was going to do so because I enjoyed the game immensely and wanted to try another class but this is just inexcusable game design in 2014. I find it insulting, especially when we're allowed to continue to run around after we beat every single mission in the game yet cannot finish the collections. 

Edited by Shelledfade

I'm having the same problem with a different Chinpokomon.  I didn't get either of the ones from the school.  I was able to get one of them, but the other one is on the second story and the doors just lock up...it doesn't make sense.  You even had to blow open the door for Tweek and Token to get in...but the doors are all locked after the mission in the school is complete.

I'm definitely not reloading a save point that takes off 7 hours because of one Chinpokomon.

I'm having the same problem, i can only access a part of the school from the side entrance (i think kitchen) and that lets me wander the final area where you fight with the elves, but im unable to get to places i really need to be to retrieve things, also unable to get into clydes house, or basically anywhere that has a chinpokemon or something to help add a friend, im super stressed as im a dire completionist and need to 100% this game. The game is bloody great though and ive had such a laugh playing it, not Laughed out Loud at a game in a long time, and Jimmy's (hold B to skip) stammer parts had me literally crying with laughter :'D.

Many games have missable achievements. That's nothing special at all.

we aren't talking about ACHIEVEMENTS that can be missed. We're talking about in-game content that you cannot access again, even though we're allowed to run around after we visit these places just so we can run up to a door that is locked.

I want to complete the in-game collectables as much as the next person because its a part of the actual game, that doesn't have anything to do with an achievement. 

Also, games that do what you suggest, generally suck and generally do not allow the player to continue to free-roam in the games world afterwards. The point is, there's no reason these locations shouldn't be able to be accessed again. Being able to "miss" actual in-game content and not be able to collect it afterwards is absurd. It's weak game design.

Edited by Shelledfade

Update:

I managed to somehow get the Chinpokomon to appear on the 360 version of the game by just reloading a very old save and trying again.

I did nothing differently either and it just happened to work... Mouse-Tik and Shoe just kept disappearing on me in that version of the game, after reloading a past save right after beating the abortion clinic I managed to finish the Chinpokomon collection / friend list.

However:

I went and downloaded the PC version of the game as test to see if this same problem was occurring and it is indeed worse on PC. If the glitch is going to happen, it's going to happen no matter what you do to try and stop it... including reloading save files.

I found the point where it was deleting the Chinpokomon, on the PC version, was right after I learned Nagasaki from T & P. I literally would do a quest in Canada, save the game, walk back to the sewer to see if Beibersaurus was still there and he would appear right up until learning Nagasaki.... every time I learned that fart, the game would delete Beibersaurus, Mouse-Tik and Shoe for no apparent reason.

At first I thought it was tied in to warping in to Kyles backyard because I've had a few stupid glitches occur there, like not being able to buy items from the shop (and yes, I had enough money) but that's not the case...

Then I thought it was completing Jimbo & Ned's side quest that was causing the glitch but it's not that either...

Finally I thought it was due to opening too many chests or not picking up all the items off the ground in Canada but I tried correcting that problem as well and that's not it either...

It has something to do with you doing something way earlier in the game and after the point where you trigger learning Nagasaki or even going to Canada in general, the game just goes mental.

This really needs to get looked in to because it's a very consistent glitch that seems to be occurring across all platforms... I haven't tested the PS3 version and I don't intend to but I've heard of even bigger problems graphically on that version... like backgrounds turning blue with lines on them like jean material.

• Like 1

[FIXED THE GLITCH - MUST READ]

OKAY you guys are gonna love the game again after I tell you this. I FIGURED IT OUT!

I solved the issue of the missing Chinpokomon.

The solution is to SELL ALL JUNK, leaving NOTHING in the junk tab before learning Nagasaki and the glitch will not occur. I just did some testing on this and it fixes the glitch. :D

If you're going for the achievement of not not selling any of your junk, beat the game first and then reload the game before going in to Clyde's fortress!

Sell your crap to get Shoe / Mouse-Tik / Beibersaurus to appear again!

The reason why this is so uncommon is because people probably sold junk their first play through and aren't really experiencing this glitch, so we're the early adopters of this crap.

I hope this helps you reconnect with the game again Shelledfate! It certainly did for me!

Peace boys. Mystery solved.

Wow, so relieved right now, I'm gonna do a 100% play through on my 360 now... I did the testing on the PC and it's definitely happening across all platforms.

Wow. Awesome work, XRizerX. Seems a bit random that inventory would cause that to happen, but.. nevertheless, clever solution. That's exactly what my playthroughs were like. My second run was a full achievement run... and my first one I got whatever came naturally.

OKAY you guys are gonna love the game again after I tell you this. I FIGURED IT OUT!

The solution is to SELL ALL JUNK, leaving NOTHING in the junk tab before learning Nagasaki and the glitch will not occur. I just did some testing on this and it fixes the glitch. :D

If you're going for the achievement of not not selling any of your junk, beat the game first and then reload the game before going in to Clyde's fortress!

The reason why this is so uncommon is because people probably sold junk their first play through and aren't really experiencing this glitch, so we're the early adopters of this crap.

I hope this helps you reconnect with the game again Shelledfate! It certainly did for me!

Wow, so relieved right now, I'm gonna do a 100% play through on my 360 now... I did the testing on the PC and it's definitely happening across all platforms.

I LOVE YOU

• Like 1

Okey, I will try this... but damn, if this is the cause... I haven't sell anything exactly because of that achievement. I think I will sell everything and go for the face of Hasselhoff achievement.

Edited by Eduardo

Thank you! It's finally works for me! Thank you for your great work!

Okey, I will try this... but damn, if this is the cause... I haven't sell anything exactly because of that achievement. I think I will sell everything and go for the face of Hasselhoff achievement.

You can always just make a hard save just before learning Nagasaki, then finish off the game really quick by blitzing it, like don't bother wasting your time collecting stuff, just go beat the game without selling your junk. After you return from Canada the game is basically over... you go talk to Kyle and initiate the point of no return final quest.

After you get the achievement for not selling junk the entire game, reload your old save and play the game as usual... that's what I did.

You can always just make a hard save just before learning Nagasaki, then finish off the game really quick by blitzing it, like don't bother wasting your time collecting stuff, just go beat the game without selling your junk. After you return from Canada the game is basically over... you go talk to Kyle and initiate the point of no return final quest.

After you get the achievement for not selling junk the entire game, reload your old save and play the game as usual... that's what I did.

That was the plan, but as I had a savegame already near the final battle, I finished it to get the Nobody left behind, not selling anything & having Dire achievements, and reloaded pre-Canada.

Well, selling everything pre-finishing Canada worked, so I was finally able to get 100% of the collectables and all achievements while wearing that face...

Thanks, and I hope it gets fixed in a patch!

Edited by Eduardo