Game breaking bug / Taco Bell guards

Incisorcist

Question

Couldn't create a new topic in support.

Here goes: I'm at the point in the game where I have to use a sneaky fart to distract the guards at the mall / Taco Bell site. After distracting them, another cutscenes plays and I presume I should switch to Kenny to distract them, BUT THE CHOICE TO "SWITCH BUDDY DOESNT LEY ME CHOOSE AT ALL. No amount of button pressing gets this screen out of the way. Switching buddies prior to beginning the mission doesn't help. If I hold the circle button (I'm playing on PS3, digital download copy), I can see the "hold to skip" command, but it does nothing. I've out several hours into this game and can forgive the stuttering, the loading screens, the weird audio glitches, but I can't forgive game breaking bugs. Not for a 60 dollar game that I paid to preorder.

Help please.

8 answers to this question

This is being looked into. In the meantime, moving to the tech forum. Let me know via PM if you continue to have troubles.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Here goes: I'm at the point in the game where I have to use a sneaky fart to distract the guards at the mall / Taco Bell site. After distracting them, another cutscenes plays and I presume I should switch to Kenny to distract them, BUT THE CHOICE TO "SWITCH BUDDY DOESNT LEY ME CHOOSE AT ALL. No amount of button pressing gets this screen out of the way. Switching buddies prior to beginning the mission doesn't help. If I hold the circle button (I'm playing on PS3, digital download copy), I can see the "hold to skip" command, but it does nothing. I've out several hours into this game and can forgive the stuttering, the loading screens, the weird audio glitches, but I can't forgive game breaking bugs. Not for a 60 dollar game that I paid to preorder.

Help please.

Hi there, 

I've forwarded this to design. Here's the response:

He might not be getting both guards to move far enough away to get by. Although I am not sure what he is actually seeing there should be no point where you need to use Kenny to sneak past anything at the crash site.  Which cut scenes has he seen and which dialogue appears for the scene he can't skip?

https://twitter.com/IridiumGameDev

Ex-Obsidian Senior Programmer

I made this account to say that i am having the exact same problem.... the text says "Keep Buddy?" or "Dismiss buddy". you can not  move the selection had to the other option or select anything. i have subtitles on and at the bottom it just says "Kenny:" as if there was supposed to be dialogue but the game cant find it... also it is just the main character standing on the left side of the screen and it looks like Kenny should be standing next to me but he is simply not there.  

• Like 1

I made this account to say that i am having the exact same problem.... the text says "Keep Buddy?" or "Dismiss buddy". you can not  move the selection had to the other option or select anything. i have subtitles on and at the bottom it just says "Kenny:" as if there was supposed to be dialogue but the game cant find it... also it is just the main character standing on the left side of the screen and it looks like Kenny should be standing next to me but he is simply not there.

EXACTLY! If you are caught by the guards, you end up in an UNSKIPPABLE kill screen.

How did your QA dept NOT catch this? Absurd.

I've played past this and got caught by the guards on my first attempt and then I got past them on the second attempt. I did not run into the bug being mentioned here.

1. I walked up to the guards and they told me to get lost.

2. I walked near to them but not close enough to trigger the cutscene.

3. I distracted the left guard with a sneaky squeaker to the left (he moved down and to the left).

4. Similarly with the right guard distracting to the right.

5. The left guard had begun to walk back to his post whilst I was still approaching the gate, but I was not caught.

i mean i guess i appreciate the attempt to help but this post is about the bug so i don't really see the point of posting a non bugged guide to getting past this part... i am still stuck on this part for the record and it seems my only option will be to start over from the start and hope i dont run into the bug again.