Head North bug

Markus498

Question

So, I got the mission to Head North and then proceeded to go to the Photo Dojo to obtain my passport picture. After obtaining said picture, I ventured into the Lost Forest. After about 2 or 3 minutes of wandering around, Douchebag's parents show up and tell him to get home because he's grounded. Upon sleeping you are able to leave the room as normal. However, this happened to me a second time as I had loaded into the border with Canada. Douchebag's parents randomly show up, ground him, and now I have to sleep to leave the room....but yet, whenever I interact with the bed to try and sleep, an animation plays of the mother entering the room (her mouth doesn't move to speak, but her head still moves). Once the scene ends, I'm stuck looking at the dark room after she turns the lights off and the door is closed. I can't move or do anything with my character, but I can still open up the pause menu, save/load a game, etc. I have tried reloading my save several times with no luck. My last save is about 4 hours of playtime behind my current save. This is on the 360 version.

• Like 1

20 answers to this question

same crap happened to me. My only save point besides being stuck in my room goes back 4 hours. Please tell me a patch(or a method) is coming out to fix this, no way am I playing 4 hours of the same content over again.

• Like 1

Design has a possible workaround until we have a retroactive fix for saves that are already in this state: 

This has been fixed in a patch, but if your game is already in this state there are two things you can do to try and resolve it after installing the patch.

1. Fast travel to u-store it and run to the farm.
  2. Enter the lost forest and run to the entrance of Canada (Go North). 

Entering either of these locations should reset some game variables that are causing the issue.

This solution only works if your game is patched. Please let me know if this workaround cleared the issue for you.  We are still working on an actual fix to saves that are already in this state. 

https://twitter.com/IridiumGameDev

Ex-Obsidian Senior Programmer

Design has a possible workaround until we have a retroactive fix for saves that are already in this state: 

This has been fixed in a patch, but if your game is already in this state there are two things you can do to try and resolve it after installing the patch.

Entering either of these locations should reset some game variables that are causing the issue.

This solution only works if your game is patched. Please let me know if this workaround cleared the issue for you.  We are still working on an actual fix to saves that are already in this state. 

but what about for xbox 360

I'm playing on steam and was having no luck the last 2 days no matter what I did in the game(Run away from grounded parents, reload, etc) I ended up right clicking the game in steam, went to properties, went to local files and "Verified integrity of game cache". Started it up and works great now. Made an account just to put this out there. Hope it works. Awesome game.

• Like 1

I'm playing on steam and was having no luck the last 2 days no matter what I did in the game(Run away from grounded parents, reload, etc) I ended up right clicking the game in steam, went to properties, went to local files and "Verified integrity of game cache". Started it up and works great now. Made an account just to put this out there. Hope it works. Awesome game.

i started a whole new game for the 360 version hope it does not happen again. I only kept my 360 for this game

but what about for xbox 360

It should fix the issue on 360 as well.

https://twitter.com/IridiumGameDev

Ex-Obsidian Senior Programmer

I'm on PS3 as far as I know I have the latest version. I'm in the same situation the game is stuck looking at the door. I can't go back as I don't have any saves now which aren't in the bedroom. It's been three days now what can I do? When can we expect a fix?