Scene loads but nothing happens.

Kentoss

Question

EDIT: Thanks for moving this for me!

Anyway, I'm having an issue after a certain point in the game (trying to avoid spoilers, but it's fairly early on) where after a cut scene plays, I get a loading screen, then the loading screen goes away and this scene shows up:

pPQGfgR.png

At this point, nothing else happens. It just stays stuck at this place. I can pause the game, save & load, exit to menu, adjust settings, etc. but I cannot access the character menu (facebook, I guess) and no buttons do anything. If I leave the game and re-load my save, I start back at a checkpoint just before the cut scene.

I am on Windows 8.1 using the latest patch on Steam. I've completely remove and re-downloaded the game already so I don't think it has to do with corrupted or misplaced files. Any ideas?

Edited by Kentoss

8 answers to this question

Now that this is in the proper section:

- This occurs right after the beating the two pilots on the space ship.

- Cut scene plays fine, loading screen shows for a few seconds then this begins.
- I've tried saving at this scene (after the cut scene) but the last checkpoint was just before the battle with the two pilots, so when I load that save it just repeats the problem.

- Cut scene plays fine, loading screen shows for a few seconds then this begins.

- I've tried saving at this scene (after the cut scene) but the last checkpoint was just before the battle with the two pilots, so when I load that save it just repeats the problem.

Hey Kentoss. I found a solution : 

If you have edited the intro movies you need the 000_newday.bk2 otherwise it skips this and tries to initialise the next scene but, obviously, doesn't work. It solved my problem : Hope it helps you. 

Kentoss, please let me know if this is the case.

I do not advise that people delete any game files / videos out of their steam data. 000_newday.bk2 is not one of the intro spash videos. Things will break if it is missing.  Please check your installation folder for "data/movies/000_newday.bk2". If it is not present then do the following:

• right click on game in your steam libraries -> click local files tab -> click verify integrity of game cache....

If it found missing files, great. You're probably good to go now. If it did not then:

1. backup your save files found in your documents folder in "My Games\South Park - The Stick of Truth
  2. right click on game in your steam libraries -> click local files tab -> click delete local game content -> reinstall the game

https://twitter.com/IridiumGameDev

Ex-Obsidian Senior Programmer

Hey Kentoss. I found a solution : 

If you have edited the intro movies you need the 000_newday.bk2 otherwise it skips this and tries to initialise the next scene but, obviously, doesn't work. It solved my problem : Hope it helps you. 

Kentoss, please let me know if this is the case.

I do not advise that people delete any game files / videos out of their steam data. 000_newday.bk2 is not one of the intro spash videos. Things will break if it is missing.  Please check your installation folder for "data/movies/000_newday.bk2". If it is not present then do the following:

• right click on game in your steam libraries -> click local files tab -> click verify integrity of game cache....

If it found missing files, great. You're probably good to go now. If it did not then:

1. backup your save files found in your documents folder in "My Games\South Park - The Stick of Truth
  2. right click on game in your steam libraries -> click local files tab -> click delete local game content -> reinstall the game

I have already reinstalled the game before while troubleshooting this problem, but I did check that specific file and it didn't appear any different. I have not renamed or otherwise touched it. Thanks for replying though, I appreciate the help. I think I'm going to try a few ideas really quickly before trying another reinstall, because I've already downloaded the game twice I would rather not take another hit in bandwidth.

I'm not able to edit my posts, but I ended up replacing that file with a copy of one of the other intro bk2s. That allowed me to get past that part. Not sure what was up with that file, I ran a verify integrity and I had already reinstalled and not touched that file. I ran a verify integrity through steam again after getting past that point to restore the original file. If it comes up again I'll make another post.

Thanks again!