I have seen totalbiscuit's review and a little bit of the playthrough and I have not seen anything justifying the $60 price tag. I would have payed at max $35 for it. I love southpark, gaming, and I don't mind 2d scrollers but why should I pay $60 for a game I will play 3 maybe 4 times. Now say if it was as extensive as skyrim yeah I might give it a go, but It doesn't appear to be so. I also have a feeling that ubisoft is going to release paid dlc for it :getlost: Anyways, those of you who have bought the game, was it worth the price tag? Anyone else like the game but waiting for the price to drop?

Ps. Don't get me wrong the game looks good but there doesn't seem to be enough of it to justify the price.

I have seen totalbiscuit's review and a little bit of the playthrough and I have not seen anything justifying the $60 price tag. I would have payed at max $35 for it. I love southpark, gaming, and I don't mind 2d scrollers but why should I pay $60 for a game I will play 3 maybe 4 times. Now say if it was as extensive as skyrim yeah I might give it a go, but It doesn't appear to be so. I also have a feeling that ubisoft is going to release paid dlc for it :getlost: Anyways, those of you who have bought the game, was it worth the price tag? Anyone else like the game but waiting for the price to drop?

Ps. Don't get me wrong the game looks good but there doesn't seem to be enough of it to justify the price.

It was for me. But mainly because of the quality every moment in the game carries. It's near perfect in that regard. If length/overall amount of content is more important to you I think you should wait for a sale.

There's a deal at greenmangaming at the moment where you can get it for 45 btw.

(Also I'd love some dlc if its substantial like the new vegas ones :) )

It really depends how much of a South Park fan you, I am a total South Park fan boy and ended up buying the Grand Wizard Edition.

I absolutely love the game and am looking forward to new content, there's a lot they are able to do with this game.

I hope Ubisoft and Obsidian continue to work together to make this more expansive, right now it feels a little short, but still very happy with the game.

It really depends how much of a South Park fan you, I am a total South Park fan boy and ended up buying the Grand Wizard Edition.

I absolutely love the game and am looking forward to new content, there's a lot they are able to do with this game.

I hope Ubisoft and Obsidian continue to work together to make this more expansive, right now it feels a little short, but still very happy with the game.

One of the Systems Designers of Stick of Truth (Brian Heins) is Project Director for a new game at Obsidian as of last month. IMO, there's a good chance its Stick of Truth Story DLC.

the game is terrific!  I have been playing it nonstop.  If you are a fan of South Park it is must have material.

I am excited to play through with all the classes and try various strategies.

Awesome job Obsidian!!!

I would definitely say it was worth it because I am a huge fan of the show and I think that is the critical factor. If you arn't a fan or never really watched it it is just a funny, polished RPG that is a little short. If you are a fan it is so rewarding and you are constantly gawking at all the refrences it makes. I summed up how I felt (although I tended to go on a little to long) about how I felt at the end of the lets play I did. Here is the link to the exact reaction just don't click earlier to see the ending: 

Start at 16:49 

I hope that helps! $60 is a lot though.

Check out my South Park: Stick of Truth Lets Play on YouTube

It was for me. But mainly because of the quality every moment in the game carries. It's near perfect in that regard. If length/overall amount of content is more important to you I think you should wait for a sale.

There's a deal at greenmangaming at the moment where you can get it for 45 btw.

(Also I'd love some dlc if its substantial like the new vegas ones :) )

I guess I missed the sale, I will probably just wait till steam throws it on sale. Thanks for the feedback.

The game is free-roam, lets you continue to play your character after the main story. Took me in total 20 hours to finish everything.

I would say replay value is decent. Playing with a different class would be a totally different experience in terms of combat.

The story however will not change, there are no choices that you can make to make it different in another playthrough which is definitely a negative.

Edited by Shelledfade

No, the game isn't worth 60 dollars, but not because of the content. The game isn't worth your money because of the crippling and game-ruining bugs that are plaguing it. I spent about 8 hours playing the game, only to run into a glitch that will not allow me to progress. I'm not the only one, either.

I don't know what kind of QA process Obsidian has, but it needs serious revamping. This is the last game I ever purchase from this company at full price, if at all.

eh, I'm torn on this, I absolutely love South Park, but I think that's why I'm iffy on whether it was worth the money or not, I wanted a more in depth game where you really felt like you became the fifth, and the ending is definitely anti-climatic and a bit of a buzzkill.  If you're not rushing to get it and you haven't gotten it yet I'd say wait to see if it drops at all

It is. I will never understand this thought process where if a game doesn't feature a fifty hour gameplay experience(filled with outrageous padding, usually) or has some sort of competitive multiplayer aspect, then it needs to be a budget title. This is 12-16 quality hours, like how games used to be before the length of a game became a back of the box feature. It is worth sixty dollars and I have yet to see a legitimate argument otherwise- unless you are not a South Park fan, in which case it won't be worth sixty dollars to you now.

My big thing is replayability, and I don't think 60 bucks is worth a game that you'll play for 3-4 days max and then maybe play it again in a couple of months just because, but doesn't have any reason that you say "Hey, I feel like playing this right now" after you've beaten it

I've really never understood the hours = value argument, because every other media is waaaay more expensive in that regard.  If it is a quality game, you should pay the retail price because that is your most powerful tool as a consumer.  Buy the games you want to see more of.