Cant use the left stick for turning

Nerzwerk

Question

Hey,

first of all I love youre game. Its really amazing. But I got a problem. I play the pc version with a ps3 controller. The problem is, that wenn i have to turn the left stick, for example for an attack, nothing happens. I am now at the hospital and have to give randy the abortion, but every time when i turn the stick, blood comes out of his ass and i got shoot. I CANT PLAY to the end....its depressing, please help

• Like 1

10 answers to this question

Hey,

first of all I love youre game. Its really amazing. But I got a problem. I play the pc version with a ps3 controller. The problem is, that wenn i have to turn the left stick, for example for an attack, nothing happens. I am now at the hospital and have to give randy the abortion, but every time when i turn the stick, blood comes out of his ass and i got shoot. I CANT PLAY to the end....its depressing, please help

I'm on the 360 version and Randy says that it's as wide as it can go... the mini-game keeps continuing until he shoots blood.  I don't have problems moving with the left thumbstick, but sometimes when I'm coming out of battles and such it starts to move the character downwards even though I'm trying to move left or right.

Also the first part of the mini-game with the needle, sometimes left stick down to stick Randy doesn't register.  It's really frustrating.

Hey,

Without trying it out myself with a PS3 controller (I don't have any sort of official PS3 controller drivers for windows), I can't give you a concrete answer as to what is happening. I know some third party PS3 drivers / software for windows give you the option to emulate an XBOX360 controller. I'm assuming that's the route your going with it? 

At the moment, all I can suggest to get past this part is to it play without a controller plugged in. 

https://twitter.com/IridiumGameDev

Ex-Obsidian Senior Programmer

I'm playing the 360 version (installed on the HD but running from the disc) and the left thumbstick controls are super wonky sometimes.

My issue is that Randy says that he can't go any wider and then the minigame continued for up to another 7 seconds... of course then failing.  Looking at some gameplay videos online from some Youtube bloggers... after Randy says he can't go wider it almost immediately ends and then moves to Phase 3.  My playthrough of the game is NOT doing that... again, going on for a good bit after Randy says what should be his success message.

Counterclockwise.

I get Randy to say his success message and the mini-game keeps going.  Sometimes a few seconds and then it fails or one time it was about five or so seconds afterwards and then fail.  Again, it seems like it doesn't recognize when to "stop".  This morning I kept trying for UP TO AN HOUR and same thing... it's not going to Phase 3 like it should and I've seen on numerous videos.  Also, is the music supposed to change tempo?

Again, even in Phase 1 I hit down on the left stick to stick the needle and it doesn't register AT ALL.  I tried it with three controllers and it's the same way.  Left stick controls are just wonky and it doesn't seem like it's only on the 360 version but on the PS3 and PC versions as well.