A glitch this quick seriously?

cornwallace

Question

Honestly?  The first battle where the elves attack.. It has me attack the shield guy, I kill the shield guy, but it will not let me attack the guy with the hammer, no matter what I do.  I have restarted the game, deleted the game data, created a new character.. are you serious?  

13 answers to this question

Honestly?  The first battle where the elves attack.. It has me attack the shield guy, I kill the shield guy, but it will not let me attack the guy with the hammer, no matter what I do.  I have restarted the game, deleted the game data, created a new character.. are you serious?  

What platform?  

Digital Download?

Sadly that is a bug many encounter. IMO, it's so obvious and *seems* to be restricted to the DD versions that it's probably a mistake that happened before submitting build.

You can just reload and try again to pass it. Will probably get fixed very soon.

• Like 1

I have another problem the qte where you are supposed to clench your a-hole and keep the black anal probe from ... well probing you, can not get passed it keep failing and failing no matter how many times I mash the S button on keyboard I have even tried on a controller it is really getting frustrating getting stuck in a game because of a qte 

This happened to me too on the Steam version

I was really hoping Obsidian would release a polished game and shake off their reputation somewhat, but alas it's not to be...

They did.

That's the only constantly reported bug (Aside from a bit of stuttering on consoles). There's other specific case problems here and there, but nothing too bad. It's just a shame the issue appears/appeared at the beginning if the game.

Also Dungeon Siege 3 was polished before this. In terms of buginess, its a little more buggy than DS3 and a lot less than all of their other games, and a lot of other rpgs really.

Edited by C2B

I am running into this same problem on a physical copy of the xbox version. I have reloaded at least 6 times and continue to run into the same problem. Any help is appreciated.

I am also on a physical copy on the xbox and can not get past the second one. At this point I can not play the game at all. My fingers are literally bruised up from bashing the crap out of the "A" button on my controller - I'm worried I'm going to break it. Does anyone have any advice, words of comfort, or some definitive news on when or if they are going to patch this so that it isn't so hard? Thanks.

I have almost the same issue with my phyical 360 copy.

Right after the combat training, the elves attack. I get the health potion. I defend and then attack.

When I defeat the first elf, he drops his weapons and is on his hands and knees before me.

The animation continues, but I cannot attack or do anything other than bring up the game menu up.... And from there I can go to the main menu...

I did delete my save information and I started the game again...And I ran into this same glitch....

I figure I just have to wait for the next patch...but if there is anything else I can do.

I've had similar glitches on the pc. I was in a fight and Butters freezes as Professor Chaos ght continues. Had Butters and Professor Chaos animations frozen on screen while the fight was going on. Another time he just dissapeared while walking around town. I've also had the game crash at loading screens. I'm not sure why the glitches are happening now. I hadn't had issues till now.

I have almost the same issue with my phyical 360 copy.

Right after the combat training, the elves attack. I get the health potion. I defend and then attack.

When I defeat the first elf, he drops his weapons and is on his hands and knees before me.

The animation continues, but I cannot attack or do anything other than bring up the game menu up.... And from there I can go to the main menu...

I did delete my save information and I started the game again...And I ran into this same glitch....

I figure I just have to wait for the next patch...but if there is anything else I can do.

The issue on the first elf tutorial combat seems to only happen if you block very early during the second swing of the elf attack. If you start the block for the second swing at least a frame or two later from when you are currently starting it, this issue shouldn't crop up.

Just to be clear, it the elf hits you that second time at the very very end of your block window, that ends up causing Cartman's counter attack line not to fire.

This has been found and dealt with and should be fixed for an upcoming patch. Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Twitter: @robyatadero