Hard as hell to find a straight answer to this by means of search engines as usual; does the pc version require steam? Yes, I know it's available there, but I'm wondering whether or not there's a point to getting a physical version because if I'm stuck with steam anyway there isn't.

Hard as hell to find a straight answer to this by means of search engines as usual; does the pc version require steam? Yes, I know it's available there, but I'm wondering whether or not there's a point to getting a physical version because if I'm stuck with steam anyway there isn't.

There isn't. Only Steam.

There is the advantage of saving a chunk of download size if cap limits are an issue for you. It's the only reason why I still do it.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

There is the advantage of saving a chunk of download size if cap limits are an issue for you. It's the only reason why I still do it.

Only I bought the hard copy because I work from home and wanted a hassle free installation...Turns out steam is downloading it even though the disk is in the machine. Since I have to limit the dl as to not interfere with work I might end up being able to play by the weekend.