PC buttonmashing issue. [Need help] [Some spoilers]

larsa1702

Question

So I noticed that in some of the button mashing scenes I simply can't fill up the meter in time. I first noticed it when trying out the toilet but it became a huge issue when I got to the alien probing scene. On the first probing I spam S and fill up the bar in no time (like 4 button clicks or so), but on the second probing no matter how much I spam the key I can't seem to get further than 10% of the bar. I'm spamming the button as much as I can, but I simply can't finish this particular scene, and now I'm stuck having to watch my character get continuesly probed analy. This is not a joke, I seriously need help here. Anyone have any clue what might be causing this? I'm using mechanical keyboard (Cherry MX Red) if that could cause any problems.

Update: I tried using a generic non mechanical keyboard and it didn't help. I cant seem  to get further than about 60% of the bar. My fingers are super sore from buttonmashing for about 30minutes now.

Edited by larsa1702

So I noticed that in some of the button mashing scenes I simply can't fill up the meter in time. I first noticed it when trying out the toilet but it became a huge issue when I got to the alien probing scene. On the first white **** I spam S and fill up the bar in no time, but on the second **** no matter how much I spam the key I can't seem to get further than 10% of the bar. I'm spamming the button as much as I can, but I simply can't finish this particular scene, and now I'm stuck having to watch my character get continuesly probed analy. This is not a joke, I seriously need help here. Anyone have any clue what might be causing this? I'm using mechanical keyboard (Cherry MX Red) if that could cause any problems.

Some buttonpresses are just that difficult.

I already brought this issue up in another thread. Hopefully that issue get fixed fast.

• Like 1

So I noticed that in some of the button mashing scenes I simply can't fill up the meter in time. I first noticed it when trying out the toilet but it became a huge issue when I got to the alien probing scene. On the first white **** I spam S and fill up the bar in no time, but on the second **** no matter how much I spam the key I can't seem to get further than 10% of the bar. I'm spamming the button as much as I can, but I simply can't finish this particular scene, and now I'm stuck having to watch my character get continuesly probed analy. This is not a joke, I seriously need help here. Anyone have any clue what might be causing this? I'm using mechanical keyboard (Cherry MX Red) if that could cause any problems.

Some buttonpresses are just that difficult.

I already brought this issue up in another thread. Hopefully that issue get fixed fast.

I finally managed to do it right after the second update. It's ridicolous how much more difficult the second buttonpress test is compared to the first one, they need to adjust that.

• Like 2

This is a big problem for me too. Can't get past it. A real shame as I love the game thus far. Now I'm just stuck.

As a temporary fix

Download Cheat Engine, start south park, alt tab out, open cheat engine, select the south park process, activate speedhack, lower the games speed, go back in the game, it should work now.

I hate button mashing and QTEs as well, plus I have a non-gaming quality wireless keyboard. Try alternating two fingers (i.e. forefinger and middle). Worked for me in the first poop, hopefully it's enough for later.

man this part is so frustrating, i sometimes get right next the end and it fails, i tried the cheat engine thing but it doesn't seem to work, any ideas ? 

how have other people done it ?

What value did you set in game engine (Try 0.2)? You have to click apply as well.

I'm also having this issue too (a lot of people are really) but I don't want to download the cheat engine due to the fact that I like to beat most of the games that I own without cheating. I would download the cheat engine because it's hard but this is an issue that should (at least I hope so) be fixed soon because it is near impossible, I mean I nearly get to the top but I run out of time and I tried 2 finger, and not lifting my finger to high but it doesn't work, it just doesn't. I also tried having some other people do it an still nothing (All of these people are good at qte's btw so it's not like they suck).

Hello all,

We have heard the complaints about the mini-game and are looking at adjusting the difficulty soon. 

Thanks,

Matt

Thank you, and I look forward to any updates on when this will be patched.  Until then I will have to play other games because I can't get past it.

Hey guys hope this helps I figured this out once a button tapping sequence is initiated it doesn't matter which buttons you press when your pressing the S key.  So in other words an easy way to beat all these sequences is to place your pointer AND your middle finger above the S key.  Alternate tapping your pointer and your middle finger down on the S key.  This is very similar to firing a paintball marker with a double trigger (where the idea came from) I also use my right hand for this as my right hand is dominant.  You will hit the Z and the D key possibly on accident, but this wont matter.  the string of input might look like "SDZSASSDSDSSZSEDSZSDAZSDS"(This is an actual example of what gets inputted when I play  the tapping game), but the game will only care about the S's that are being pressed.  I never have lost a tapping sequence once I figured this out.

I'm glad to find out that there are plans to fix this, but I hope you guys can make it your number one priority.  I can understand and forgive actual bugs, but this is just an all-around terrible mechanic that should never have made it into the final game, especially not in an unskippable scene.  If I hadn't bought the game on Steam, I would have returned it after my first half hour of attempting this.  Making macros and/or buying a controller shouldn't be required just to complete a PC game.

Sorry if this comes off as harsh or whiny, but I just figured I should throw in my support for this topic, and try to keep it bumped up near the top.

I'm glad to find out that there are plans to fix this, but I hope you guys can make it your number one priority.  I can understand and forgive actual bugs, but this is just an all-around terrible mechanic that should never have made it into the final game, especially not in an unskippable scene.  If I hadn't bought the game on Steam, I would have returned it after my first half hour of attempting this.  Making macros and/or buying a controller shouldn't be required just to complete a PC game.

Sorry if this comes off as harsh or whiny, but I just figured I should throw in my support for this topic, and try to keep it bumped up near the top.

Totally agree. Fix is taking way too long.