General thread for patch suggestions

C2B

Question

Thought I just make a general thread

Listening

- Easier QTE's
- The game letterboxes in 16:10 on pc. Can this be improved? There's ini options, but they should be in-game available imo.
- please patch in keybindings. I'm a bit disappointed this wasn't the case to begin with after DS3.
- Also having an option to turn off vibrations.

Edited by C2B

Wrong thread before   ;)

Also listening some bugs I noticed people encountering

- Tutorial bug (Roby has seen this already yesterday but I thought it's worth mentioning agains  ;) )

- Controller randomly disconnects. Solvable on PC, but I can imagine more of an annoyance for console users.

- There seems to be a freezing issue that *might* happen in the menue. Only read very few reports and don't know if that's already on the solving list

Also , the Save system seems to be a bit wonky at the moment. Haven't had problems myself, but there are some users complaining.

Have now noticed the tutorial bug on a ps3 version too.... Is the game downloadable already on psn? Is it related to the digital versions? Edit: It's PSN.

Otherwise it seems weird that such a bug cropped up just now.
Edited by C2B

- Also let us switch between gamepad and keyboard controls without having to disconnect the gamepad.

I don't even see the need for a switch, both inputs (or more) should be live at all times, and this applies for all games.

Please ad the ability to remap control keys.

Yes, yes, and yes.

Also, some graphical options, any graphical options, on PC, would be welcome.  This isn't an issue for me as my mid-range lappy runs the game just fine and the game already looks identical to an episode of South Park.  No amount of extra polygons, SSAO, godrays, bloom, HDR, etc. is going to make the game look any more like an episode of South Park, and I can't imagine that kind of simplistic art style being particularly taxing on hardware.  Still, maybe there would be things people on older hardware would be able to turn off or lower in case the game runs poorly for them?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I have an issue that no one else seems to have mentioned.

- PC: Screen randomly flashes black every few minutes or so, regardless of action on screen. This has happened during cutscenes, in battle, while in the menus and while exploring the world.

• Like 1

- PC: Screen randomly flashes black every few minutes or so, regardless of action on screen. This has happened during cutscenes, in battle, while in the menus and while exploring the world.

Could you also post your specs?

Thought I just make a general thread

Listening

- Easier QTE's

I really don't have the time to get into the game for the next couple of days so I can't comment on these ones right now. However, I will say that I am forever spoiled by Shadow of the Colossus. It is the definitive proof to me that we never need QTE's again.

But if you're going to have them, at least have the option to make them forgivable if that's not standard.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Quoting here someone else from another forum

I've had some weird issues where help text pops up when you're doing something for the first time or get a type of item for the first time. Like I found a dye so it pops up the pane telling you hey, hover over some gear and press y to apply the dye. But while that text is up it wont really let me do anything other than back all the way out of the menu system entirely until the info text goes away and then I can go back in and actually do what it suggested.
Hardly a crippling bug, just some awkwardness. Plus they let you review all the tutorial info in the help section in case you miss the popups.

Could you also post your specs?

Not on my PC right now, but I'll do my best.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4 GHZ

GTX 760 GDDR5-2GB

8GB DDR3 1866 MT/s (PC3-14900)

Any more detailed information will have to wait until this evening. I will say my video driver and Windows are both up to date.

• Like 1

I want to personally repeat this

The Keyboard QTE's especially were designed by Satan. I mean they aren't just difficult, some of them (including the farting tutorials) are nigh impossible.

• Like 1

Make it so you can pass the Goth Dance DDR part. People I know have been doing it perfectly and it's not working for me or them. If there is an alternative then the game fails to tell you because all the quests says is to do it right, which we've all tried one million times.

I know I made a thread about it earlier, but just in case it gets overlooked, please patch the fart spell for 360. 

Dragon shout is needed for getting further into the school but it won't work where you first use it.

Can't make a thread, so this one seemed appropriate.

Had an issue during ManBearPig where my characters completely vanished after summoning Professor Chaos. Swapped in Kenny from Butters, then back. Late in the fight used P.C., couldn't use the wheel, then had invisible (useable) characters the rest of the fight, with P.C. frozen onscreen the whole time. Couldn't see my vitals.

- crackling audio with a Logitech G930 headset when surround sound is enabled (workaround: disable surround sound and just use stereo)

Initially I thought there was something wrong with my headset but I've tested it with other games. This audio issue seems to be unique to The Stick of Truth. I've been able to get it to go away by switching to stereo sound for the time being. While not a game breaking bug, it's highly annoying.

I am stuck in Canada with only wolves to fight. I have killed all of them. I have gone to all heads of state. They say some repetitive line and that's it. How do I continue the story? Online I have seen other animals to fight but I only see wolves. And it's for ps3.

Edited by mike99999
  • Like 1