It's a bit hilarious to see one reviewer speaking about very few bugs and then Jason Schreier going WAAAAAAIIT! OHMYGODBUGZ.

Polygon even made an entire seperate section for bugs where they ASKED OTHER REVIEWERS TO COLLECT THEM.

I see the usual Obsidian bug narrative (aka. One bug is a thousand) is in play even though the game seems fairly polished apart from some launch issues (Which hopefully get fixed this week)

Also interesting to note that Jason Schreier while mentioning them didn't exactly scream WAIT when it came to Skyrim.

Edited by C2B
  • Like 3

Gametrailers - 8.3/10

A positive reception overall despite some insisting on digging for ****.

Edited by Undecaf

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Total Biscuit also enjoyed it :)

Overall positive reviews so far! The Giantbomb or PC gamer are the ones so far I agree the most with.

Edited by kozzy

It's a bit hilarious to see one reviewer speaking about very few bugs and then Jason Schreier going WAAAAAAIIT! OHMYGODBUGZ.

Polygon even made an entire seperate section for bugs where they ASKED OTHER REVIEWERS TO COLLECT THEM.

I see the usual Obsidian bug narrative (aka. One bug is a thousand) is in play even though the game seems fairly polished apart from some launch issues (Which hopefully get fixed this week)

Also interesting to note that Jason Schreier while mentioning them didn't exactly scream WAIT when it came to Skyrim.

I was coming to post this too. I find it interesting that some of the reviews say it is a buggy mess while other reviews and some players have said they didn't encounter a single bug during their playthroughs. Dunno if those "buggy mess" reviewers are too critical because it's developed by Obsidian (if it was developed by say.. Bioware for example, they would be making songs and poems about how awesome it was and never mentioning it's problems) or does those bugs show themselves when the weather outside is cloudy or what.

I've seen two, Rev 3's and RPS. There's lots of reservations on the game from them both and they do mention bugs prominently. So I'm kind of surprised to see these great review scores elsewhere.

For the record, Rev3 gave it 3/5.

I was coming to post this too. I find it interesting that some of the reviews say it is a buggy mess while other reviews and some players have said they didn't encounter a single bug during their playthroughs. Dunno if those "buggy mess" reviewers are too critical because it's developed by Obsidian (if it was developed by say.. Bioware for example, they would be making songs and poems about how awesome it was and never mentioning it's problems) or does those bugs show themselves when the weather outside is cloudy or what.

It's beginning to sound like platform differences. I know the RPS reviewer played the PC version. The lack of keybinding and other PC central options do seem like a problem.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I just saw a nice write up on it in USA Today. Nice job Obsidian folks!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'm glad the game was so well recieved,Though, it saddens me that I have read opinions (forum posts), that the game would be just as good by any other developer and Obsidian deserves no credit for it.

Especially, because I jokingly called that a few months ago and it became a reality.

Edited by C2B

I'm glad the game was so well recieved,Though, it saddens me that I have read opinions (forum posts), that the game would be just as good by any other developer and Obsidian deserves no credit for it.

Especially, because I jokingly called that a few months ago and it became a reality.

Im sorry but im gonna have to disagree with those posts. When i play the game i can see both companies hand in the game. Matt and Trey on the south park feel and vibe and its obsidias hand i can see when im experiencing and feeling the old school roleplay vibe and mechanics. Most other companies could have nailed the south park vibe because of how incontrol matt and trey are, but we wouldnt have gotten that whole roleplaying vibe as strong as we do from most other companies.

• 3 weeks later...