How do I rebind key controls?

Silent Disapproval Robot

Question

12 answers to this question

no idea, but 360 controller works very well on pc, not sure if that would be better or not. Good luck I ohpe you can find something to help out or that Obsidian patches this in.

As I am disabled and dont have a left hand (second in horror only to the 'power of diabetes', I know), I literally cant play the game with the current controls. I have a friend over who plays it, and I watch... But thats of course pretty sad...

• Like 1

Because I can't start a new topic, for some reason, I wanted to also know why the buddy control doesn't work for the PC.  I'm stuck at the getting Craig out of detention and when the tips tell me to hit 'Q' to get my buddies help (namely Kenny) I hit it and it is greyed out with no tips for me to use Kenny to flash his boobs to get the hall monitors to open the gate.  How hell do I use my other characters ??????  Was this game even tested on a PC??  I can find a lot of other videos online telling me how to use a controller but nothing to tell me how to use it on a PC which sucks cus I just paid $60 US for this game...sigh..help?

It is quite sad that so many developers ignore adding rebindable keys. Are they even aware that they are completely alianating over 10% of the population? As a left hander the default keys in this game are useless to me. I simply can not play with them. Sure I can use Autohotkey, and for many games I do, but that doesn't change the key prompts so QTEs and similar becomes a pain. And I'm sick and tired of having to spend time on making another Ahk script for every other game I purchase.

And this doesn't even take disabled people like OP into account, who might not even be able to work around the problem by playing with a controller.

When you say "just use a controller" or "just use Autohotkey" my response is simply that WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO.

I can sort of do the basic combat QTEs but the more complex ones that I've just started running into are simply not possible.  I usually like to use my TrackIR head tracker's mouselook feature to control direction and the numpad keys for movement and interaction.  With this game, that's just not an option and I'm now at the point where I simply cannot progress any further, even with the difficulty on the lowest setting because the lack of key binding features make it phyiscally impossible for me to do so. 

Please add a remapping feature devs.