A Problem in Cutscenes...

Sideeffectz

Question

7 answers to this question

The voices don't work in the cut scenes! Every other bit of sound works, including the music in cut scenes, but I can't hear them actually speak! (Yes voices is at 100% with master at 100%)

I found the solution, man! If you're using Windows 7, left click on sound mixer (next to "time"), then "Mixer" then under "Device" set to Digital Sound Interface instead of whatever else is set (mine is "Speakers..."). You can also set this in Control Pannel. You just need to switch the sound "thing" to Digital Sound Inteface. I don't know why, but it works for me!

@Snake2905

Can you please be more specific man?? What do you exactly mean by sound "thing" to digital sound interface???? Because i love this game... But the no audio in cut-scene's is really ruining it for me!

Sorry for double post, but also. What do you mean to also SET to Digital Sound Interface, do you mean just change the name from speakers to that? I dont see any options for digital sound interface....

Ok, as I see things, drivers for some audio cards are ****ed up. It's turning 7.1 by auto when you're using 2 channels (aka 2 speakers or handset). So you need to change that default thing - mine is "Speakers (SB live 24-bit)" - to Digital Audio Interface (or whatever secondary option that is available). So, just under "Device" in mixer (the big window where you adjust all volumes, the first adjuster on left side that is master volume for everything) you just need to switch the default thing to something else (if available!). Can't be more specific than that :)

Anyway, if you only have one option, try installing the newest driver for the sound card and maybe that alone will solve the problem, or at least give you the option to do the switch I was talking about :)

Anyway, tell me if and how you did it :) Good luck!

• Like 1

Mine did the same thing but if you look closely your not missing any dialog. The video is running in "slow motion" while the sound plays normally. Listen to what they say then watch their mouths move and you'll see it. Once I realized I wasn't missing out on hearing anything important I continued on.