PSU Question: New Corsair Fan

Bryy

That is a possibility a low one, but then again I've seen PCB's that have rings of LED's on them with a color of one LED being different (A ring of red LED's yet for some reason one white LED got into that ring).

Hot Glue is awesome for electrical solutions. You would be surprised some manufacturers of electronics cover all solder points on the PCB with hot glue to protect them against the external possibility of creating an unintended short.

whatever the problem is, I'm gonna need another beer to re-read this thread. :yes:  :aiee:  

I'm not there yet, I'll be getting close if we don't find a solution soon.  :wowey:

• Like 1

I use a Corsair TX750M and now I'm pretty peeved that mine has an always-on fan. Damn you, Humanoid!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Yeah, I figure it's just the PSU working. It's real faint. It's not the whine.

I'm lost now. So there was an old power supply that didn't fan-on at start-up, but also a case fan that wasn't installed but didn't fan-on either ... plus a CPU fan/heatsink not fanning or sinking? And an enclosure that's not hooked up to anything, but then a new PSU that makes noise ... whatever the problem is, I'm gonna need another beer to re-read this thread. :yes:  :aiee:  

1) Old PSU was dead from the get-go. It blew up my old computer.

2) I have a new computer with half old parts and half new parts. Bought a new PSU.

3) I didn't know about the power fan in Corsair PSUs. 

4) Case fan started going when the Old PSU was still plugged in.

• Like 1

^ Sounds like you had a good hands on experience for what happens to a computer if it can't reach the wattage levels it needs.

Time for a Play

*Curtains Rise*

CPU, CMOS IC's, GPU, HDD, etc.: WE WANT VOLTAGE!

PSU: I can't meet your demand.

CPU, CMOS IC's, GPU, HDD, etc.: WE DON'T CARE! *attempts to draw power*

CPU, GPU, HDD, etc.: Ohh no one of the CMOS IC's we need, didn't power on correctly so it burned out.

MB dies all attached devices lost communication to both the Northbridge and Southbridge...

As the curtains fall on this play there is nothing but silence.