Censorship = no buy for me..

The UK had no problems with it, but because you're too lazy to release an uncensored version for us, I'll be too lazy to buy the game.

This game will be pirated so heavily as a result, GTA:SA had the same problem on PC, everyone just pirated it for the 1.0 version which allowed mods. 

The game passed censorship in NZ and right up until last night Ubisoft assured retailers in NZ that we would get the Uncut version. Then with 24 hours to go before preorders ship they pulled verification of the Uncut version, and told retailers we would get the censored version, even though it had already been passed.

We have a strong Consumer Rights Act in NZ and it's likely this deceptive misleading behaviour has violated the Act and Ubisoft could face heavy fines and penalties.

I can see how a lot of people will be angry at this deception and will cancel preorders and pirate the Uncensored version.

Me, I'm expecting a big price drop now since we are not getting the full version of the game we were promised and preordered.

But it isn't, only the German version is censored due to national laws (Nazi-related stuff), and that version is separate from the rest of Europe.

The UK gets the same voluntarily censored version as the rest of Europe-bar-Germany, so the reference to "the UK has no problem with it", along with the reference to PC piracy, reads to me like it's about the Australian/German PC versions.

Then again it could be anything really because the thread hardly started with an informed statement. I think we could really do with a sticky in this forum with the specific regional differences so people can at least get annoyed at the right targets. :p

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Okay, let'ssss get one thing sssstraight: canceling your pre-order due to another countriesss LAWS issss ridiculousss.

But it wasn't laws that caused content cuts, as PEGI and similar boards accepted game in its original form, but Ubisoft sti ll decided cut some content out because they deemed it would help them to market game better. Which they of course have every right to do, but I can understand that some people feel somewhat scammed when versions of game that were promised to be uncut by Ubisoft revealed tone edited versions in some places.

Plus they pur

Okay, let'ssss get one thing sssstraight: canceling your pre-order due to another countriesss LAWS issss ridiculousss.

Which other countries are you talking about anyway ?

I'm French and the game sold here is censored. Plus Ubisoft (a French publisher btw) region-locked the cheaper and uncut North American 360 version on purpose so it can't be imported.

I know there is censorship issues for countries regarding this game, and I was hoping to bring up about the case of the game in New Zealand. Our classification system has given a rating for this title (as far as I know this was for the uncut version) and stores were told that it would be uncut for consoles here, but 24 hours before the game is released then it is found out that it is actually censored.

Would be nice to be able to see the console version in its full uncut way here, and I imagine that there will be a lot of people cancelling preorders here (for reasons such as this, and the price of the game over here)

I guess we will see what happens....

PEGI passed the game with an 18 rating with no cuts on all platforms.

Ubi, for some unknown reason, decided to censor the console version "for marketing reasons" (the PC version remains uncensored) and resubmit it to PEGI, who again gave it an 18 rating.

The censored European version is a different version to the censored German version, so it's difficult to see why they made the decision.

For those unclear about the situation, it's explained quite well in this article:

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/mar/05/south-park-stick-of-truth-game-censored-europe