Hello bethesda! thanks for bringing back to old school classic top down isometric view type RPG's! im a fan of classical RPG and i'm a fallout fanatic myself! Now my suggestion, im kinda hesitant to suggest this at first. because this might anger other player perspective. Because my suggestion is about the party system or the NPC to be precise. Based from the videos i've seen in your main website. This game will be based from the popular games of the past. fallout, baldur's gate, icewind dale, torment etc... yes but in my perspective im kinda afraid this will gonna be the same as baldur's gate, icewind dale and torment. Now the reason i was not able to play those game because i don't like how they handle the NPC party system. I mean in those games you have to control all the players on the party, if you don't give them orders they will do nothing. i mean yes it's fun to other players and you get 100% control but i think it really misses the MOST important point. Which the FREE WILL, to give your party the free will on what they will do based on their personality. In my own perspective playing it will be a lot more fun and enjoyable if you can only control your own character and after you are finish with your action, they can do their own move based on their personality. yes! i want them to have their own free will. isn't that what they should really be? not just in this game but even in real life, you will only have control yourself and all other people will have their own free will. I remember the time when i was playing fallout and dogmeat always goes ahead forward even though facing armed man. i mean he's a dog, that's just the way he thinks fearless so he doesn't care, but when you make this game control patry like baldur, a man controlling his move then we can make him stay and hide in a corner. c'mon that's a dog with a mans brain. it really misses the realism. Another example what if you had an idiot in your party. i remember playing fallout with a NPC party guy named myron. he's really an idiot. He just fires he's smg carelessly at will! he doesn't care if there is a friend in front of him because he was bragging that he was a gun expert. oh well? he's a douche right? an arrogant idiot!. To be honest he is a real pain in the party but that's what the fun is all about right? even in real life you have to deal with them in your workplace, schools in the streets etc... So for me this thing is just normal. I think that pretty much it. I hope i make sense sorry for my bad english. just a typical RPG gamer in the Philippines. And btw i hope you won't make this an MMORPG or this will be another PAY-T0-WIN game just like all the other MMORPG's there. God bless and more power!

Wall of text, first line speaks of Bethesda, last of MMORPG's being pay-to-win.

[Discarded, not read]

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Looks like someone was playing (Advanced) Fighting In Tunnels, got a little turned around in the dark, couldn't get out, or remember who made the game.

I can appreciate 'more power' in any situation, however, if said in Jeremy Clarkson's voice ... pppppooooooowwwwwwaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh 

All Stop. On Screen.

I don't know where to begin with this....

Bethesda....

Well lets get to the point of the design choice of companions having AI I would say is not the best option for this kind of game its a much more effective playstyle to know exactly what each of your companions actions are. Granted enough I could tell you for the Baldurs Gate series, Icewind Dale series, Planescape Torment to make use of the pause style of combat to be able to manage your companions more effectively (also NWN  series and NWN2 series). Though that kind of combat system isn't going to implemented in PoE.

So I guess all I can really say is the goal of this game is to have us as being long time fans of the Infinity Engine games to relieve that classic PC gaming experience. If managing your companions yourself is hindering you from enjoying these kind of games then maybe these kind of RPG's are not your cup of tea.

I can understand the Bethesda thing, a lot of people don't know how to separate the RPG companies, and the AI thing is valid... but MMORPG? P2W? Did you even read anything at all about this game? Please stop with the ridiculous catastrophizing just to catastrophize.

• Like 1

....Granted enough I could tell you for the Baldurs Gate series, Icewind Dale series, Planescape Torment to make use of the pause style of combat to be able to manage your companions more effectively (also NWN  series and NWN2 series). Though that kind of combat system isn't going to implemented in PoE....

Gee, two confused people one one thread.

Just to avoid spreading more misinformation: 

Pillars will feature RTwP gameplay that is very similar to BG2 / IWD -- obviously, the mechanics will be totally new, but you'll be viewing the action from an isometric PoV and will be able to pause the game at any time and give individual orders to each member of your party. 

Torment will be using a turn-based system of some description which will likely be somewhat similar to what is used in Wasteland 2.

Neither game will feature NPCs that act on their own in combat, beyond (in Pillars) a fairly simple AI script that is adequate for battle clean-up in the like.  If an AI script is provided in Pillars, though, you'll be able to turn it off altogether if you wish (and, for complex battles, you will probably want to do this).

• Like 1

Ehm, you are the confused one...?

http://www.gog.com/game/planescape_torment is RtwP and the mentioned title... not "Torment" the new kickstarter.

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

You are correct -- PS:T uses RTwP, and that's game was referenced in the previous post.

However, the previous poster indicated that this game wasn't going to implement RTwP, and I have seen people confuse this title and Torment: Tides of the Numeneria, so I went ahead and covered both, just in case.

• Like 1

You are correct -- PS:T uses RTwP, and that's game was referenced in the previous post.

However, the previous poster indicated that this game wasn't going to implement RTwP, and I have seen people confuse this title and Torment: Tides of the Numeneria, so I went ahead and covered both, just in case.

My bad, I took one conversation months ago well out of context. Its good to know this game will still have a system like that because it worked so well for me. So if anything my excitement for this game just got even higher.

Either way thanks for the correction mate.

• 2 weeks later...