Is it true this game is only 12 hours long?

No idea but I wouldn't expect it to be as long as FNV for example as I wouldn't expect there to be as much filler material. It's probably more in line with AP, so 12 hours doesn't sound like a bad estimate. It doesn't bother me if it's got replay value, then I prefer it without the filler. Complete speculation here.. 

15-20 hours sounds like it.

Don't forget though that the game seems to have lots of variable jokes. I doubt the players so far have actually seen/heard everything.

All depends as well on how different class playthroughs will be.

i would rather have 15-20 hours of action packed silliness in unique settings than 50 hours of filler combat with the same two maps being recycled from the beginning to the end (yes, I'm looking at you Dragon Age 2)

Edited by Flouride

Hate the living, love the dead.

I would assume there will be lots of optional side quests to add up time.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

I would assume there will be lots of optional side quests to add up time.

That and jokes you wouldn't get in a single playthrough.

Also the different classes will entertain me for enough time anyway.

I also heard Fallout New Vegas was only 15 hours long... I spent 61 hours on my first playthrough lol. With side quests,etc.. which I always love doign Im sure it is a good deal longer.

Edited by kozzy

I also heard Fallout New Vegas was only 15 hours long... I spent 61 hours on my first playthrough lol. With side quests,etc.. which I always love doign Im sure it is a good deal longer.

Aye, I remember that rumour well. Also Alpha Protocol was supposed to last only 10 hours. Took me about 20 hours on the 1st play through and took about 8 hours alone on Brayko on my 2nd time around.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Yeah, if you just play the main story - FNV would be around 15 or probably less. South Park isn't going to come close to having the amount of sidequests/free roaming of FNV. I see that as a good thing though - SP should have a tighter narrative and gameplay in general. 

I have watched more of the streams than I probably should have, and the more popular estimate is "13 hours while trying to breeze through the main quest". The absolute lowest this seems to go is "13 hours with most of the sidequests done" though.

This is ok, I think. The game doesn't seem to have much grinding, anyway.

Once again, length being important is a myth.

Twelve hours is an entire day.

When I was young, I decided that I'd never buy a game I could beat in a single rental or a single night.

The games I said this about? Metal Gear Solid and Devil May Cry I gave up that policy pretty quickly.

And it ultimately hit home when I looked at games, mostly multiplayer, that I had hundreds and hundreds of hours in and that really didn't do anything for me but kill some time. And I've come to value shorter experiences that use that time well over longer experiences that don't.

12 hours is even longer than many other games I do value. As long as it doesn't waste my time.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Once again, length being important is a myth.

Twelve hours is an entire day.

When I was young, I decided that I'd never buy a game I could beat in a single rental or a single night.

The games I said this about? Metal Gear Solid and Devil May Cry I gave up that policy pretty quickly.

And it ultimately hit home when I looked at games, mostly multiplayer, that I had hundreds and hundreds of hours in and that really didn't do anything for me but kill some time. And I've come to value shorter experiences that use that time well over longer experiences that don't.

12 hours is even longer than many other games I do value. As long as it doesn't waste my time.

The only difference being this is an RPG. People do speedruns of MGS and DMC as a way to show expertise. Rushing through an RPG is counter-productive. That's why I hope that the 12 hour thing is just journalists rushing through the game for a review. For instance, most reviewers clocked Deus Ex: Human Revolution at 20+ hours or so. But my first playthrough of that game took me 80 hours because I was playing it stealthy and ghosting every level. I can't ghost this game, but hopefully I can grind levels and whatnot. I have sort of been on media blackout re:this game for a while now so I don't really know any gameplay specifics.

And need to remember,what all of gameplay need to multiply by~ 4, because there are 4 different classes with maybe not much,but different style with game, plus some speech will depend on your class, your apereance,companion...I'm gonna most'ly walk with Butter's on my first playthrough, cause he look like realy good in roleplay, and his comment's help to feel atmosphere.