Am I the only one who thinks that "PoE" is less appealing and even potentially confusing for people who have already associated that with Path of Exile?

(pretty sure I am, but I have to ask for the sake of NO REGRETS)

Less appealing than what? It's a community-made acronym.

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

At my door a gentle rapping, a persistent tap-tap-tap-tapping.

And so I rose from my chair once more.

The portal opened with a rusted creaking, the long neglected hinges weeping.

To reveal my son, his hair ragged, his knees ever soar.

A missive from my wife he was presenting, and then alighting, going, wenting.

From my presence, so I did close the door.

You ask the question of branding, naming, and in this I see no shaming.

It shall be called Poe, wrote my sweet Eleanor.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Path of Exile what?

I wonder how many people really associate it with things. And surely more can exist. Think WC3.

Do you think WarCraft 3 or Wing Commander III? Or neither?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Path of Exile what?

I wonder how many people really associate it with things. And surely more can exist. Think WC3.

Reminds me of the fun I had when people would refer to Diablo 2 as D2 and I would make comments about Kenji Eno's / WARP's survivial horror sequel, D2 and everyone would be confused.

Good times...good times...

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Path of Exile what?

Well, you can ask in on gaming-related channel to see what I'm talking about. Also I have Warcraft 3 is W3 for me, so I associate WC3 with Wing Commander, but I'd hate to think about it :)

In the universe of things that matter ... this is not one of those things.

Sure, the only things that do matter are to get fed, dump waste, breathe and rest. 

Edited by Aoyagi

It doesn't bother me either way it's refered to. When talking about PoE i just say Pillers of Eternity. Written i profer PoE . For no reason other than an Odd number of letters seems more visually appealing added to the capital/lower case/capital. Again both ways are fine.

Does anyone else think so, or am i just unusually insane ?  ( compared to regualr insane -- . O )

Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day...

Set a man on fire and he will be warm the rest of his life...

To be honest, despite the time I've had to connect with it, I actually prefer Project Eternity and its acronym PE, to Pillars of Eternity (PoE).  It may just be the name by which I first associated this game, but it's the one that resonates better with me.  The word "pillars" just seems to passive to me, like "Lawnchairs of Eternity" or "Fenceposts of Eternity."

But, as nikolocolus so aptly put, in the universe of things that matter [to me] ... this is not one of those things.

I refer to it as PE or Eternity, as I find myself constantly thinking Path of Exile whenever someone says PoE.  Just which game got to it first really for me.

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Eternity for me. At least, there is one game where I don't use some lame abbreviation like F:NV or ToEE.

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

you should call it "Pillars of Eternity, a Josh Sawyer joint" just to be clear that you aren't talking about Path of Exile or the novel, Pillars of Eternity by Barrington J. Bayley (which I would call "The Originial Pillars or Eternity.")

http://www.amazon.com/The-Pillars-Eternity-Barrington-Bayley/dp/0879977175

Edited by Hormalakh
  • Like 2

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

Am I the only one who thinks that "PoE" is less appealing and even potentially confusing for people who have already associated that with Path of Exile?

(pretty sure I am, but I have to ask for the sake of NO REGRETS)

Never heard of Path of Exile (or forgot it if I had,) P:E to PoE was an adjustment for me, but it's PoE.

PoE.