What you did today

LadyCrimson

Procrastinating and reading old threads .. Ah like the "useless information threads" or the old "picture threads" heh..

It's rainy and I've done all my projects for the week.. so a little bored :)

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Great fun day yesterday, but very expensive. A lot of tabletop gaming. A lot of laughing. Now I'm just winding down before cold Monday... :)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

We went out for my wife's final official birthday party

First stop was a tapas place downtown. The food was great and so were the drinks, maybe a little too great since we ended our time there after one of our friends started dancing on the table and nearly tipped it all the way over.

Next stop was a lounge with live music a couple blocks away. They are mostly a wine bar but have some decent mixed drinks and the music was really good, however, they had some weird acid trip cartoon the band was projecting on the wall behind them. No matter how much I tried I couldn't look away.

Last stop was a night club across the street and I'll let you in on a little secret about me, I hate night clubs. I was mostly standing around and drinking and running interference while the ladies were dancing around me. Not a bad show but the hate directed towards me was palpable and I couldn't wait to leave because I'm too old to be fighting in clubs

• Like 4

Free games updated 3/4/21

I'm simply too old to be going to night clubs. Although I think I could still respectably get into a fight in one. Paradox.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I don't know any Danes personally, but it was neat to see the first-ever Denmark-ian on the podium of an F1 race, in his series debut, no less, at the age of nineteen. McLaren driver Kevin Magnussen finished in second place at the Australian Grand Prix, an incredible feat for himself and the team. In however it is said in Danish, congratulations!

Edit: Oh, wait, this is a spoiler post--aw, who cares, no one here watches this sport ...  ;(

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

We are back home from Vegas, it was a fantastic few days.  Hockey was a bit rough, I had a couple points but we went 0-3 for the tourney.  With that out of the way, the rest of the weekend was fantastic.  We ate at a tapas place called Julian Serrano in the Aria, it was excellent.  I'm not a big raw fish guy, in fact I avoid it, but this stuff was perfectly made.  I had a great ceviche, tuna in a cone, and some rice that was cooked in squid sauce.  It was all delicious.

Last night we went to a show called Pin Up, and it was really well done.  Here's a pic:

1012893_10201756911149209_1552989843_n.j

We went to the top of the stratosphere and had a drink in the lounge, it was very much a New Vegas experience.  There were no robots though.  

Edited by Hurlshot
  • Like 5

We went out for my wife's final official birthday party

First stop was a tapas place downtown. The food was great and so were the drinks, maybe a little too great since we ended our time there after one of our friends started dancing on the table and nearly tipped it all the way over.

Next stop was a lounge with live music a couple blocks away. They are mostly a wine bar but have some decent mixed drinks and the music was really good, however, they had some weird acid trip cartoon the band was projecting on the wall behind them. No matter how much I tried I couldn't look away.

Last stop was a night club across the street and I'll let you in on a little secret about me, I hate night clubs. I was mostly standing around and drinking and running interference while the ladies were dancing around me. Not a bad show but the hate directed towards me was palpable and I couldn't wait to leave because I'm too old to be fighting in clubs

Why was there hate directed towards you?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The truth is he's just too pretty.

-Elwood Blues

I had several women dancing with me and they were getting shot down left and right (and especially harsh from the women in my group)

Some guys are really desperate as it is and then mix that with alcohol

That must have been quite funny. What I typically do in that situation is if there is a group of ladies and one guy is to approach the guy first and chat to him and offer him a drink. Then start talking to the ladies but use him as a way to get an introduction, that way you are seen as less threatening and not trying to cut the guy out of the situation. I also always automatically include him in rounds of shooters I buy. I see this approach as more respectful based on the situation as the guy obviously has some significance to the ladies.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I had several women dancing with me and they were getting shot down left and right (and especially harsh from the women in my group)

Some guys are really desperate as it is and then mix that with alcohol

The early part of the evening is best, especially if you are the only guy in the group. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

... To continue the recent trend of double posts by yours truly, I'm at work, enjoying the sunshine through the window and not doing anything. :p

• Like 2

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Nice weekend - nothing like a rented room that has a giant plate glass window view of the ocean and where there's little iceplant-encrusted beach-dunes all around your doorstep. How do these places get such awesome tasting fruit when it's not summer (here) yet? I want their caterer.

Got home around 430pm. Could barely keep eyes open through dinner/watching TWD with hubby, then, still all relaxed (helped that my friend did the driving) I fell asleep on the couch. Woke up a few hours later and, instead of doing the sensible thing like flop into the real bed to snooze more, I turned on the PC and played a Banished map and suddenly it was 4am.  eg, back to normal. :disguise:

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Amusing elevator ride today, coworker looking sad but the office manager asked him what's up. So the guy responds "Well...found ou my ceiling beams can't support my body weight".   Manager's face was priceless :lol:

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I ran into my ex today, took evasive action.

Going to sit through todays lectures, then head off to a nice pub and drown my troubles in whiskey and stout.

Oh, and the day I planned on goin to SXSW, some dude drove his car into a crowd.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

We went to the top of the stratosphere and had a drink in the lounge, it was very much a New Vegas experience.  There were no robots though.  

1st one from the right looks really tasty. Well done.   :thumbsup:

What I did today: received the bullets I ordered last week, time to put some ammo together.  

Oh, and I found out that Porsche has recently unveiled their LMP1 endurance car for the 24 hour races this year, it looks awesome. Its good to see them racing in the fastest class again.  (On the left their Car for the GT class, on the right their LMP1)

porsche-919-lmp1-leaked-in-le-mans-liver

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Lol, Audi has gone a little overboard with their car livery this year. Guess they were thinking if they have a car that looks like the bat mobile they can go full insane and give it a fitting paint job. :devil: Still like the Porsche better, the Audi has too many sharp edges and looks too blocky for my taste. 

Can't wait for Nissans and Acuras LMP1. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

1st one from the right looks really tasty. Well done.   :thumbsup:

I only get to take one of them home, but I'm pretty happy about that.  :)

• Like 3

Terminated my job contract, which means I have work until June 30. I'll see what I do next, but being treated like dirt with crap pay doesn't cut it anymore. (Contract expired in 2016.) Most likely, I will start studying again. Still undecided on a couple of programs.

• Like 1

Terminated my job contract, which means I have work until June 30. I'll see what I do next, but being treated like dirt with crap pay doesn't cut it anymore. (Contract expired in 2016.) Most likely, I will start studying again. Still undecided on a couple of programs.

Thinking of that myself.  Best of luck.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Thinking of that myself.  Best of luck.

Thanks. It's never an easy decision, but I felt so good when I finally decided. I'm in my late 20's and have come up with many excuses as to why I should not go back and study. Looking at those excuses objectively, it dawned on me, that they are merely excuses. A close friend's wife, is now a boss at some company and she resumed her studies at 30+ with three kids. There is also another thing I have in mind if I don't get accepted to any of the Universities I apply to later in the month. That "thing" will have to wait for now. Worst case scenario is that i crawl back to my employer (not very likely unless welfare is the only option).