What you did today

LadyCrimson

Also today the ferryman asked me if I'm planning to kill some people because I've gotten so big. Old, friendly guy but he is having his weird moments. :blink:

Mmnope, I see nothing weird about that question   :grin:

• Like 2

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Also today the ferryman asked me if I'm planning to kill some people because I've gotten so big. Old, friendly guy but he is having his weird moments. :blink:

Mmnope, I see nothing weird about that question   :grin:

Yeah that seems normal to me, he's probably the dad of those of those guys that was drinking and slouching by the side of the road  :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

i went to the hospital to change the dressing of my surgery... if you want i can show you a pic of what it looks like under the bandages. gore at it's finest

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

i went to the hospital to change the dressing of my surgery... if you want i can show you a pic of what it looks like under the bandages. gore at it's finest

Its okay thanks :no:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

My computer is deader than a door mail right now. And I am gonna have to take out a student loan to replace it

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Weather is warming up enough where I don't need to wear long pants around the house again.

*tosses pants aside*

"FREEEEEEDOMMMMMMM!!"

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

So... my computer's power supply may have fried the motherboard, but the mother board has a 3 year warranty on it, that I'll have to call about tomorrow because they've closed for today. I got a new powersupply that should work (according to the people who made my computer) so *shruggles*

Shruggles! Why do I love the sound of that word? I've never heard that used before. I'm going to start using it.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Have to optimize a SQL procedure because the whiney client thinks an 1130% increase in runtime is a bad thing. Pft, idiots. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Dealing with a cheapskate customer who is calling to complain about a product he purchased after he got the bill. I'm amazed at how certain parts tend to stop working not after installation, but after the purchaser receives a bill.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

*gripe* I'm gonna need to isolate my Motherboard and ensure that it's the only thing plugged in to see if it turns on before I even think of getting a warranty done... but I have no real idea/desire to try to yank this sucker apart and figure that out.

Went on an inspired 8.5 minutes rant about how f**king stupid our clients are at work. Successfully scared the lady visiting too.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I had a really good date last night, there is this girl I've been trying to see for ages and we went for dinner at a nice Sushi restaurant. She use to have a problem with drugs and has been clean for 45 days so she doesn't drink alcohol but that didn't effect the conversation or mood. It was great to see her again and will definitely be seeing her again :)

• Like 3

John Milton 

So burnt out/tired. Too many short hop running arounds in the day then too much Banished in the wee hours.

Girlfriend and I spending the weekend at a coastal retreat that she wanted to go to. Sort of a spa/meditation/conference thing. With really nice rooms. I'm game.

• Like 1

Currently downloading my kickstarter copy of the Veronica Mars movie. Excited to watch. :)

I'm going to see it in the theater tomorrow so I'm holding off watching the download. :)

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'm expecting a movie length episode of the show, with maybe a little higher production values. But essentially the show but with me in a theater and not on my sofa.

At least until I get my DvD at which point it will be with me on my sofa.  Watching the DVD, not creepily cuddled up with the DVD on the sofa.

Hopefully you'll get what I meant, at least.

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Helped a friend to create a weight lifting exercise plan, showed him how to perform each exercise correctly and then let him try to find out which weights he needs to buy.  Unfortunately he had to quit half way through because he was totally done. Or maybe I was such a  bore.  :p

Oh, I also had to go cycling on such a beautiful day, honed my cycling skills on mamba-hill. I call it that way because the road is winding up the hill like a snake and its just as deadly to a cyclist. The climb seems like it never ends. I feel like keeling over and dying multiple times on the way up, its a 8 Kilometers climb without a single level section that gets continuously steeper and totally robs you of all your hope, optimism, and your will to live. 

I love it.

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

'Twas my graphics card that killed itself with the power supply. It has been fixed but I am out 400 dollars or so

A thing that I said that illustrates where my life is right now:  "I'm really glad we got that bar sink added when we remodeled the kitchen-- it's great for washing baby bottles!" 

I really should be taking advantage of this period of inactivity and sleeping.  Mind too active.  Time to play something dumb for a little while. 

• Like 1

I was in Savannah GA for work the last few days. That is a pretty cool city. I went on one of those ghost tours. I didn't see any ghosts but I did find a really cool bar that has 48 different beers on tap. I didn't try them all but I gave it a good run.

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I am having a great time in Vegas.  Last night we ate at a tapas place and I had some amazing seafood.  I do not normally like the stuff, but it was done right.  I had some sort of rice in a squid ink sauce that was crazy good.

The hockey has been a bit rough.  Some team from Edmonton ran roughshod over us yesterday.  We are  definitely missing the champ game.  Still, it has been a blast.

• Like 2

You gotta go to the Stratosphere Hurlie. You have to do the rides on top and say hi  to Mr. House while you're there. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell