What you did today

LadyCrimson

Dude, you need a girlfriend.

I'm trying!  ;(

Avoid fragrant sumac (Rhus aromatica), more of a ground cover, unless you know you're OK with the nose-tickling, dusty-sweet aroma. That stuff makes me sneeze.

Yep, I mainly bought it because of its spectacular colors in fall, but its a beautiful plant in all seasons.

I did not know that there are more plants in the sumac family though, but I have the tree version, its already taller than me. I heard you don't need to buy more than one tree because it grows a quite aggressive root system with saplings shooting up right and left.  

Did you know that the sap of that tree glows in the dark?  :)

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

It's always good to purchase two or three even with a species capable of reproducing from root risers (clonal stems) as the genetic diversity helps to ensure that your planting will be successful.

Glow in the dark sap? That's new to me...  :blink:

• Like 1

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

Going for lunch with a Russian friend, with luck no violent arguments will ensue this time.

But those are what makes meeting with friends worthwhile.

Going to take my last midterm, take a nap, then go out.

Sadly left her without a fist fight. Well there's always next week.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's always good to purchase two or three even with a species capable of reproducing from root risers (clonal stems) as the genetic diversity helps to ensure that your planting will be successful.

Good point, genetic diversity is always good, though the worst case of plant damaging pests I get is June bugs, and nothing helps. They love to eat my beloved birch trees and even though I removed/re-cultivated all the dry, dead soil in my garden (the larvae live in dry, dusty soil) they sweep across my garden like a firestorm from hell every single year.  :getlost: 

Glow in the dark sap? That's new to me...  :blink:

Predator-tree. One more reason to have one in the garden.

You might want to look into something like this to control those pesky June bugs. Granted, it's a long-term solution and not one that provides immediate control, but it is safe for your garden.

Edited by Tsuga C

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

One thing I miss about being a one man design, implementation team, and Project Manager was not having to explain the reason for evey little engineering decision to someone who has only the vaguest of notions what I'm talking about. Case in point, my installation plans for my current project were rejected because I did not order, or allow room for ferrite rings between the DU and radio remotes. I tried explaining that those connections are using 900 nm optical cable. I figured that was answer enough. He (the PM) replied with a six thousand + word e-mail about the susceptibility of Cat5 cable to EM and other forms of interference, especially in an environment where a two way radio system is in use. I responded with just one sentence: "The ALU DAS that you ordered does not use CAT5 cables, read the BPP." 

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Some guy made a typo and now an entire release cycle is shot. Rather amusing even if it means I get grief

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

^ Is really Dilbert.  :p

:lol:  Closer to Wally actually!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I was in a MacDonald's - I'm not proud of it, but I was hungry - and two fellahs came up behind me in the queue.

I like to try to second guess appearances based on voice in these situations, but this rapidly shifted into how many different words they were using.

I counted no more than 30 over the course of 15 minutes. Of continuous talking. And of these they used a core vocabulary of 10 words. Although f you compressed it further to turn "Ya get me?" as a single run on statement then you're down to only 8.

Never have I ever felt so strongly the need for a couple of orderlies, a waiting van, and a container postage paid to Siberia.

• Like 4

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I was in a MacDonald's - I'm not proud of it, but I was hungry - and two fellahs came up behind me in the queue.

I like to try to second guess appearances based on voice in these situations, but this rapidly shifted into how many different words they were using.

I counted no more than 30 over the course of 15 minutes. Of continuous talking. And of these they used a core vocabulary of 10 words. Although f you compressed it further to turn "Ya get me?" as a single run on statement then you're down to only 8.

Never have I ever felt so strongly the need for a couple of orderlies, a waiting van, and a container postage paid to Siberia.

Wals are  you getting grumpy in your old age? :lol:

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

It's wals, he's never not been a grumpy old bugger.

And I just want to finish with school... although I learned that if I can squeeze 18 credits into the next semester, I've got a double minor attached to my History major.

• Like 2

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I forgot to mention the funniest/most arousing thing I've seen on a news broadcast ... the local NBC station here, NBC7 San Diego, has the lovely Dagmar Midcap (who plays hockey and rides a Ducati ... I know!) is such a competent and capable on-air personality ... somehow, part of her mic fell down inside her dress on live TV, and like a champion, she pulls the breast-line hem open, looks down into her boobies for the mic ... all while continuing to speak on-camera about the eight-day forecast. She didn't miss a beat, and ended up looking down inside her chest twice ... god I love her so much. The anchors were cracking up and one of them says, "I don't know why anyone watches any of our competitors ... we are the best!" 8)  

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

Twas a nice day...blew off chores and went out. Had fun. Came home to the spouse. Had more fun. Could do some responsible things before I try to sleep, but I think I'll play a bit of Banished instead, for some more ... fun. Because fun is just a lot better than non-fun.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I forgot to mention the funniest/most arousing thing I've seen on a news broadcast ... the local NBC station here, NBC7 San Diego, has the lovely Dagmar Midcap (who plays hockey and rides a Ducati ... I know!) is such a competent and capable on-air personality ... somehow, part of her mic fell down inside her dress on live TV, and like a champion, she pulls the breast-line hem open, looks down into her boobies for the mic ... all while continuing to speak on-camera about the eight-day forecast. She didn't miss a beat, and ended up looking down inside her chest twice ... god I love her so much. The anchors were cracking up and one of them says, "I don't know why anyone watches any of our competitors ... we are the best!" 8)  

Maybe the wrong thread, but:

4611604924_a3b07da394.jpg

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Thats a classic and funny story :lol:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Had a fantastic night last night, but I woke up this morning, fully clothed in bed, with a copy of The Imperial Infantryman's Primer lying on the pillow that had been chewed. As in, with teeth.

I need to hang out with musicians more.

-Elwood Blues

Went for a walk along the Danube river when a van almost ran me over. I was walking on the very side of the street and that guy passed me with 80/kmh easily and missed me by mere centimeters. Later I came across a bunch of pimple-faced teens and early-twenties wearing shades the size of their heads, sitting on the ground drinking beer.
I asked them who the fock drove that vehicle. I told the driver that if there were less a**holes like him there weren't as much traffic deaths and the he should do me a favor and go hit a tree with his stupid car.
They didn't say anything but when I was walking away they talked behind my back, I turned around and told them if they weren't such cowards they would say it to my face.

Later I came across at least two dozens more sitting on the ground next to their cars drinking themselves into a coma and flinging around trash.

I'm not an old geezer, I'm in my mid-twenties but I really have better things to do than getting drunk alongside a road and then driving recklessly.  

This used to be a nice place.

And those people are allowed to vote. 

Oh, humanity.

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 2

They didn't say anything but when I was walking away they talked behind my back, I turned around and told them if they weren't such cowards they would say it to my face.

I'm decidedly under the impression that not saying bad stuff to your face speaks more of wisdom than cowardice   :p

• Like 2

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

I'm decidedly under the impression that not saying bad stuff to your face speaks more of wisdom than cowardice   :p

:lol: I wish I could double "like" your comment, funniest line of the day :lol:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Still dumber than the proper "yes, sir, sorry, sir, won't happen again, sir" I would've gone with :p
  • Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Still, joking aside, I always find it somewhat amusing when bodybuilders or martial artists or ex-soldiers or what-have-you talk about standing up to opposition and stuff. Having a backbone is so much easier when you can turn the other guy inside out in 10 seconds or less.

• Like 3

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Still, joking aside, I always find it somewhat amusing when bodybuilders or martial artists or ex-soldiers or what-have-you talk about standing up to opposition and stuff. Having a backbone is so much easier when you can turn the other guy inside out in 10 seconds or less.

:lol: :lol:

There is that.

EDIT:

Oh yeah. Nearly forgot.

I had a dream where I had a girlfriend literally made of stone. Her lips were made of salt. Big chunks of rock salt. So when we kissed I got all sliced up, and I dissolved her lips off. Her eyes were like glinting facets of that rock with the glinting facets in it. We got on pretty well, though for all that.

It was a pretty cool dream.

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Had fun assaulting ice on the sidewalks with a shovel. Sure people looked at me strange bashing it with glee, but eh - it's a slow day.