What you did today

LadyCrimson

That's great to hear, and congratulations on the mini-Enoch. Some friends of mine make an early "my kid's first role playing game"*, just in case you want to start him early! ;)

*In light of the upper part of my post, I felt the need to clarify which RPG is in question.

Neat idea, and I'll keep it in mind, but I'm going to wait to gain some assurance that he won't choke to death trying to eat the dice before getting him started on the arrpeegees. 

Maybe when he turns 25.  

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 2

That's great to hear, and congratulations on the mini-Enoch. Some friends of mine make an early "my kid's first role playing game"*, just in case you want to start him early! ;)

*In light of the upper part of my post, I felt the need to clarify which RPG is in question.

Neat idea, and I'll keep it in mind, but I'm going to wait to gain some assurance that he won't choke to death trying to eat the dice before getting him started on the arrpeegees. 

Maybe when he turns 25.  

Congrats Enoch on the birth of mini-Encoh :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Maybe when he turns 25.  

I think it's... *lowers voice and looks around furtively* diceless...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Can't get Mighty Wings out of my head, giving me the urge to watch Top Gun. The F-14 is a sexy aircraft, even though it is one big bird.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm never getting one. I frickin' check every day, sometimes three times a day, it could only have been "available" for a ten hour period or less, probably less than a single hour. Stupid army-building collectors, I just want two of them, one to play with, one to keep MIB. 

oossw_zps23d71b7c.jpg

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

At least once a year I'm reminded about how I wish I'd kept the Star Trek action figures I got for Xmas when I was 6 or 8 or something.  Spock, Kirk, McCoy, Scotty with cheap polyester uniforms and plastic tricorder/accessory pieces. I honestly don't remember what I did with them. Trashed them, I presume. :lol:

...I have vague memories of popping Kirk's head off, but maybe that was a dream.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Congrats Enoch, happy to read that your kid is back home.

I went away for the weekend to a mountain resort, very relaxing. We went hiking and just chilled. It was awesome, I came back and discovered my laptop needs a new motherboard so I've been without normal Internet access for the last 2 days :blink:

I should have internet by the 11th, my apartment is neat, I'm so happy to have my own place again. overjoyed really! after 2 years 2 months and one day living with my mother again, it was long overdue. Sweet independence!

Of course still need a lot of stuff done in the house: Lights, privacy strips on the windows so no-one can watch me ****, a loft bed with desk underneath for the guest room (I have space for a guest room!) a room screen to divide the living room from my bedroom, a trash can, a laundry bin, shower curtain, a topper for my bed would be great but is wicked expensive and a bunch of other stuff...

But moving is expensive, laying a laminated floor is expensive, plaster and paintjob was expensive too, so this will have to wait for later...

But for now, I have my own place, I can rise when I want and shower as long as I please, I can invite people...

and it's mine.

• Like 2

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Congrats Enoch, happy to read that your kid is back home.

I went away for the weekend to a mountain resort, very relaxing. We went hiking and just chilled. It was awesome, I came back and discovered my laptop needs a new motherboard so I've been without normal Internet access for the last 2 days :blink:

I should have internet by the 11th, my apartment is neat, I'm so happy to have my own place again. overjoyed really! after 2 years 2 months and one day living with my mother again, it was long overdue. Sweet independence!

Of course still need a lot of stuff done in the house: Lights, privacy strips on the windows so no-one can watch me ****, a loft bed with desk underneath for the guest room (I have space for a guest room!) a room screen to divide the living room from my bedroom, a trash can, a laundry bin, shower curtain, a topper for my bed would be great but is wicked expensive and a bunch of other stuff...

But moving is expensive, laying a laminated floor is expensive, plaster and paintjob was expensive too, so this will have to wait for later...

But for now, I have my own place, I can rise when I want and shower as long as I please, I can invite people...

and it's mine.

It is great to have you own spot and have that level of freedom, I know some people and cultures prefer to live with there parents but I would  get claustrophobic living with my folks

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Man you have no idea.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

For some reason I seem to have been running on about 4-5 hours sleep a night for the past 6 or so weeks. I think I really need to try to break this habit.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

For some reason I seem to have been running on about 4-5 hours sleep a night for the past 6 or so weeks. I think I really need to try to break this habit.

4-5 hours of sleep a night !!! But I suppose with your levels of insomnia that would be considered oversleeping ;)

John Milton 

At least once a year I'm reminded about how I wish I'd kept the Star Trek action figures I got for Xmas when I was 6 or 8 or something.  Spock, Kirk, McCoy, Scotty with cheap polyester uniforms and plastic tricorder/accessory pieces. I honestly don't remember what I did with them. Trashed them, I presume. :lol:

...I have vague memories of popping Kirk's head off, but maybe that was a dream.

I still have my Kirk, Scotty and Klingon. And I should have my bridge play set (assuming it hasn't fallen apart in my attic).

That said I think I've lost some of the accessories (those darn tricorders!)

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Spent the afternoon with gardening. Removed old leaves and dead branches to help the sprouting plants grow.
Took me 4 hours to remove sprouting Canadian goldenrod from a 5x7 meter area, those plants are evil, they may look cool and smell good but they grow so fast and create such a tight root system that they kill off every other plant. Even ordinary grass. 
Had to remove the entire top layer of soil.

Thinking of planting some stag's horn sumach trees there. They're awesome, especially in fall.

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Spent the afternoon with gardening. Removed old leaves and dead branches to help the sprouting plants grow.

Took me 4 hours to remove sprouting Canadian goldenrod from a 5x7 meter area, those plants are evil, they may look cool and smell good but they grow so fast and create such a tight root system that they kill off every other plant. Even ordinary grass. 

Had to remove the entire top layer of soil.

Thinking of planting some stag's horn sumach trees there. They're awesome, especially in fall.

Why weren't you at work today Woldan ?

John Milton 

Going for lunch with a Russian friend, with luck no violent arguments will ensue this time. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Going for lunch with a Russian friend, with luck no violent arguments will ensue this time.

But those are what makes meeting with friends worthwhile.

Going to take my last midterm, take a nap, then go out.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Got a bad case of Friday-late-afternoon boredom, found a ton of old Lego bricks when I moved some stuff around. Since most of the bricks were light grey I built a Lego mountain-fortress style castle, with two courtyards, complete interior, furniture, dungeon.. 8000 bricks, maybe more. It was fun, guess you really cant be too old for Lego.    :biggrin:

legocastlewoldan_zps58ac0375.jpg

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 10

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Dude, you need a girlfriend.

So do I for that matter.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Dude, you need a girlfriend.

So do I for that matter.

You have a problem, but not having a girlfriend isn't it (nor necessarily one in general), I don't think...  :)

(e: in retrospect, that :) probably should've been a :p to seem a lot less passive-aggressive...)

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I'm a grown man who spends a good amount of time on a video game forum, having problems is a given ;)

• Like 7

Good choice for scarlet red compound leaves in autumn. Our white-tailed deer eat it--not sure if you have red, fallow, or roe deer in your area that might do the same.

Avoid fragrant sumac (Rhus aromatica), more of a ground cover, unless you know you're OK with the nose-tickling, dusty-sweet aroma. That stuff makes me sneeze.

Edited by Tsuga C
  • Like 1

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/