What you did today

LadyCrimson

I'm praying for the little guy Enoch, sounds like he will be fine though. Congrats to the new Dad!

So.... will the fine cigar be delivered by Fed Ex or UPS? :lol:

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Enoch, we went through the blood sugar issue with my son as well, and after that went away he spent a couple more days in NICU because of jaundice.  It was very tough, but those NICU's are amazing at what they are able to do.  They will keep him longer than you think is necessary, but they do that to be absolutely sure he is ready to go home.  Best of luck to you.

Not to get too personal, but are you guys getting a chance to breastfeed?  You should be able to feed while you are there, and then pump at home and give the nurses the milk for nighttime feeding.  If you have a lactation consultant at the hospital, I strongly recommend meeting with her.  Formula is fine, but if you don't start breastfeeding right away it is tough to get going later on.  

And a preemptive  :bat: for anyone that gives me a hard time about my lactation expertise.

• Like 1

Enoch, we went through the blood sugar issue with my son as well, and after that went away he spent a couple more days in NICU because of jaundice. It was very tough, but those NICU's are amazing at what they are able to do. They will keep him longer than you think is necessary, but they do that to be absolutely sure he is ready to go home. Best of luck to you.

Not to get too personal, but are you guys getting a chance to breastfeed? You should be able to feed while you are there, and then pump at home and give the nurses the milk for nighttime feeding. If you have a lactation consultant at the hospital, I strongly recommend meeting with her. Formula is fine, but if you don't start breastfeeding right away it is tough to get going later on.

And a preemptive :bat: for anyone that gives me a hard time about my lactation expertise.

I just consider it further proof that you are the man :D

At Heathrow, in a ****ty lounge. I spent 3-4 times what I had planned on this trip, but frankly none of it was stuff that I hadn't planned on getting this spring... Just better quality/cheaper than in Finland. Gonna make the next couple of months pretty interesting, though :D

Edited by Nepenthe
  • Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Interesting, as in how I'm going to shuffle payments. Not "what STDs did I pick up?"

Clothes, shoes, scotch and earphones...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Watched Arsenal screw it up, again.  Really need to find a better use of my time than bothering with this f'ing team.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

@ Enoch congrats! And don't worry, I'm sure everything will be ok, my mother told me once that kids that start off as little troublemakers eventually become the best kids. :devil:

What I did today: had to play the range officer on the shooting range, I tell you, there is nothing more boring than babysitting two dozen grown men with rifles so they keep shooting paper targets and not start shooting each other to death. I feel asleep even though there was intense noise of gunfire.

Big responsibility though. 

I also helped a complete nub to sight in his scoped rifle, thats my good deed of the day, now I feel like a saint. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I went to work and am now cramming while eating a sandwhich.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I bought four dump truck loads of chirt rock and had it poured along the road coming on to the property today. I then spent the rest of the day driving over it with a box frame disk on the back of my riding mower to cut it in and graded it by dragging four chained logs in a harness over it. The end result is a hard driveway that is a good six inches higher. That should help with flooding this year. 

Tomorrow I start cutting and leveling the ground to make a paver driveway in front of the house. I have a feeling I'll be hiring someone to finish that one. It's a hell of a lot of work that I've never tried to do before.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Thanks, folks. 

We have no reason to believe that the end result will be anything other than a healthy baby.  He hasn't been immune to the occasional setback, but he's making progress.  We're trying not to get our hopes set on a particular date, but the last doc my wife spoke with didn't disagree when she asked if another week or two would be a reasonable estimate.  Intellectually, we know this is what's right for him, and we know that going home and commuting to the hospital to bond, to learn all we can from the NICU nurses, and to deliver pumped breastmilk (and holy **** is pumping a pain in the ass!) is the best thing for us to do.  Still doesn't make it easy to leave him behind. 

And there's supposedly a snowstorm coming tomorrow evening, so we've got to decide whether we'd rather be stranded at home or stranded at the hospital. 

• Like 1

I bought four dump truck loads of chirt rock and had it poured along the road coming on to the property today. I then spent the rest of the day driving over it with a box frame disk on the back of my riding mower to cut it in and graded it by dragging four chained logs in a harness over it. The end result is a hard driveway that is a good six inches higher. That should help with flooding this year.

Tomorrow I start cutting and leveling the ground to make a paver driveway in front of the house. I have a feeling I'll be hiring someone to finish that one. It's a hell of a lot of work that I've never tried to do before.

Ice cold. Did not know we had a mafia member on these boards. Thought you guys were more discrete about these things. Sir, if ever, I insulted you in any way... *goes down on knees* forgive me.

• Like 2

Woke up from some mixture of weird dreams about a couple of ex's and some separate line about being stuck in an 80's style cartoon. Definitely has me in a discombobulated headspace as the day's moved along. Can't seem to quite find my balance or figure out what I'm really in the mood to deal with.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

@ Labadal: :lol:

Thomas Sowell

Very sore and tired today. Looks like a good day for fishing.

Thomas Sowell

Froze to death this morning because we have a garage underneath our apartment and the jerks who own it keep leaving it open...

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Froze to death this morning because we have a garage underneath our apartment and the jerks who own it keep leaving it open...

Did anyone else hear something? I think our board might be haunted.

• Like 2

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Did anyone else hear something? I think our board might be haunted.

This quote seems almost like a multi-quote in some eldritch way.

My left upper trapezius muscle is super mad at me and it hurts like a motherf...... I can't reach it with my right hand and nothing helps, hot showers, trying to massage it rubbing my back against the door frame. I'm slowly starting to get really desperate....

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Ibuprofen really helps my rippling, angry muscle groups.  -_-

Finally heard back from Xbox Support. All I wanted was a Pepsi. But when I tried to redeem a $15 Xbox Live card, sent by my Mom--who still thinks it's 2010 and wouldn't know what a PS4 or Radeon 7850 is anyway--it crashed into an error code and failed to credit the account, exactly like that broken Pole Position arcade game used to eat my quarter. A very nice lady then chatted with me on XBL Support and said she would need to put in an Advocacy Request. That was a week ago, and just today without warning, they emailed a new code. I really thought they had forgotten about it, but, no. They probably had a few Xbox One owners needing extra special, lengthy attention. So I downloaded Driver: San Francisco--which is apparently all about a ghost in the machine.   

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

Ibuprofen really helps my rippling, angry muscle groups.  -_-

, sent by my Mom--who still thinks it's 2010 and wouldn't know what a PS4 or Radeon 7850 is anyway--it crashed into an error code and failed to credit the account, exactly like that broken Pole Position arcade game used to eat my quarter. A very nice lady then chatted with me on XBL Support and said she would need to put in an Advocacy Request. That was a week ago, and just today without warning, they emailed a new code. I really thought they had forgotten about it, but, no. They probably had a few Xbox One owners needing extra special, lengthy attention. So I downloaded Driver: San Francisco--which is apparently all about a ghost in the machine.   

", sent by my Mom--who still thinks it's 2010 and wouldn't know what a PS4 or Radeon 7850 is anyway"

That sounds just like my mom.. :lol:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I went away for the weekend to a mountain resort, very relaxing. We went hiking and just chilled. It was awesome, I came back and discovered my laptop needs a new motherboard so I've been without normal Internet access for the last 2 days :blink:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela