What you did today

LadyCrimson

Last page of previous thread

Last post:

No idea what might live there Bruce. Probably a rodent of one type or another. You have a lot of different critters where you live than I do.

• Like 4
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

A friend told me he discovered several of these in his garden, those were rats nests. Very likely a mother with her young. Well, yeah, they have to leave ASAP, rats in my garden means that those beasts might make it into my house.

Means I'd have to be super careful if I'm not interested in a small-scale reenactment of the black death plague from the 14th century in my house.  

I'll call in a swift tomahawk missile strike ....errrm cardboard box evac to the woods. Now where is my targeting laser ...I mean where are my gloves....

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 2

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

A friend called with some pretty bad news. I now have major sads+some angry. Going to drown myself in some rum and a video game for a bit then go to bed. Tomorrow will spend day with friend.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Exams are over - I think it went pretty well. This semester is pretty strange so far, in a good way - my classes are fairly easy, but very different. Normally history tries to be one of the more 'serious' human studies, with a strict methodology and scientific approach to writing. But my classes so far have focused on the narrative storytelling and how to write 'interesting' history, to dabble in the implicit etc.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

A friend told me he discovered several of these in his garden, those were rats nests. Very likely a mother with her young. Well, yeah, they have to leave ASAP, rats in my garden means that those beasts might make it into my house.

Means I'd have to be super careful if I'm not interested in a small-scale reenactment of the black death plague from the 14th century in my house.  

I'll call in a swift tomahawk missile strike ....errrm cardboard box evac to the woods. Now where is my targeting laser ...I mean where are my gloves....

Interesting, so the enigma is solved. A pity you have to kill them but I understand your concerns. But do all rats have disease, isn't it the fleas on the rats that spread disease? Don't rats live in some communities peacefully. I don't know the answer to these questions?

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Interesting, so the enigma is solved. A pity you have to kill them but I understand your concerns. But do all rats have disease, isn't it the fleas on the rats that spread disease? Don't rats live in some communities peacefully. I don't know the answer to these questions?

Well in theory the plague was carried by fleas (assuming its true it was the Bubonic Plague), the fleas transferring to humans as the rats died.

That said even without plague, rats could damage the house, and their excrement could also create health hazards in the home.

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Trying to ponder how I've got the knack for helping friends and family sort out time management, project management, and general facing assorted tasks and split them up to deal with... But I'm somewhat hopeless at doing it for myself.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Well in theory the plague was carried by fleas (assuming its true it was the Bubonic Plague), the fleas transferring to humans as the rats died.

That said even without plague, rats could damage the house, and their excrement could also create health hazards in the home.

Okay good points, I guess they have to die :skull:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Okay good points, I guess they have to die :skull:

Easily said then done ;) The best way to lure the bastards i was able to devise is heating the bait a little (In my case it made them stick out their noose almost immediately) but then you need to dispose of the bastards.. I suggest simply throw them into dumpster with trap and not thinking about it, because the alternative might not be very pleasant... like trying to be humane and drown the rodent for quick "painless" death. Edited by Mor
  • Like 2

Mid-Terms for me next week, then Spring Break.

Going to bury myself in studies, then ask a girl out.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

If I have learned something in the past 8 years of lifting weights and exercising the best way is to simply ''do it.'' Don't think about it, stop bullsh!tting, just go and do it. Now.

• Like 2

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

How do you guys keep up with this thread? it moves so quickly!

Anyway, tomorrow I'm moving into my new apartment, which means it's unlikely I'll have access to the internet until that's connected, which should take about 2 weeks.

• Like 4

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

How do you guys keep up with this thread? it moves so quickly!

Anyway, tomorrow I'm moving into my new apartment, which means it's unlikely I'll have access to the internet until that's connected, which should take about 2 weeks.

Congrats on the new place and we'll chat when you are connected again :)

• Like 2

John Milton 

Well ****... I think my old car blew it's alternator and/or batt when I wasn't using it during the winter. Tried to get it started today but first I couldn't move it because it was surrounded by ice, then it just flat out cut out. Pretty sure the battery is gone and I'm not willing to pay to replace it so figure I might call a Junk yard and see what they'll give me unless somebody here decides they want to make a 98 acura integra (stick) into a project...

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Well ****... I think my old car blew it's alternator and/or batt when I wasn't using it during the winter. Tried to get it started today but first I couldn't move it because it was surrounded by ice, then it just flat out cut out. Pretty sure the battery is gone and I'm not willing to pay to replace it so figure I might call a Junk yard and see what they'll give me unless somebody here decides they want to make a 98 acura integra (stick) into a project...

Crap. We need an "I feel for you" button.

EDIT:

Friday night. Fish and chips. Bottle of stout.

I feel like Andy Cap.

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Wanted a bout of extra-long sleep this morning to recharge after a long day yesterday, but our neighbors decided today was the day they finally were going to chop down some of that avocado tree, thus there were loud voices and chainsaws at 8am. Hubs had to move my car so they workers could access our backyard with their gear. So got up, cleaned house, played games, etc. Now it's supper time.

Also...I still hate Citibank's CC division. After not using their MasterCard for 3 years, they threatened by letter to cancel it. I called their customer service, which is one of those endless "speak yes or no...sorry, I can't understand you" automated thingies. Discovered they'd lowered my credit limit by more than 70% (for inactivity, wat? what a crock) and thus losing it wouldn't impact credit rating by much, decided they can go ahead and cancel me.  Been meaning to get another lowish limit Visa for internet use anyway.

• Like 1

Surreal week.

Wife had an early morning checkup on Monday. They didn't let us leave. 3AM Tuesday, she's having a caesarian and delivering our son 8 days before his due date. The boy looks good, but he's smaller than expected-- a hair under 5 lbs. They find that his blood sugar is low, and feeding doesn't correct it, so he goes off to the NICU. Everything else about the little guy seems fine (and adorable), but it's probably going to take at least a couple more days of feeding and IV support to build up the glycogen levels that he needs to regulate this himself. And, 4 days being the limit of what insurance companies will cover after a caesarian without complications, we have to go home without him tomorrow.

We have every reason to believe that he'll be fine eventually, but it's impossible to guess just how long he'll have to stay at the hospital.

He's an awesome little guy, but it's hard to feel too happy while the hospital is keeping him.

Edited by Enoch

Well, may the best of news arrive, and you get to take him home shortly Enoch.

Congratulations on that, I'm sure we'll start breaking out the cigars on general principle now.. ;)

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Let us know when Enochjr makes it out alright, I would like to light a cigar and swallow copious amounts of vodka for a reason other than "I'm bored on a Friday night".

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Keep us posted, Enoch. I'll have a shot for his health later. Which now I write it down sounds mainly selfish. But I mean well.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.