Diablo 3 new patch

Monte Carlo

Okay, yeah, I could have googled that myself. But what specifically would you say has made the game more fun or interesting?

I only got around to downloading the patch (not playing) last night but the Loot 2.0 has me most excited. Im kinda "meh" on reallocating my 100 paragon levels but I know that's really important to a lot of other people.

The rifts and Adventure mode sound interesting. I like some of those DH changes, seems like DPS increases all over.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Gfted the paragon point reallocation is kinda fun, lets you build whatever type of guy you want. For example, with my barbarian (only Paragon 11) I am building up his speed, gold find, resistances and strength. Already when fighting mobs (which is waaaay more fun now) I'm noticing how my stacked resistances make me more survivable.

For me it's more fun because of -

Loot 2.0

New scalable difficulty inside of five broader difficulty levels

New modes

More / tougher / varied bosses

Optimization.

Add the new RoS content and I'm pretty happy. I'm going to be on the European server though, the lack of an international one sucks.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Alright, I'm on the European server! :)

So, what do I do, search it, and then add myself?

After one hour more, I'm still experimenting with my wizard. I've cranked the difficulty up to Torment level 4 now, and things are getting really tough at times, at least the mini-bosses so far. The paragon levels fly by at that difficulty level, though, like one every 15-20 minutes now. I've even seen new monster placements, including rares and such, so they've scrambled that up quite a bit, at least for Act I. The scoundrel seems to have a few new bark lines to him, which is always nice.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I might make a toon on the US server too, we need ObzUSA too.

Edit: ha ha it was playing D3 with Gftd1 where I found out about the Project - Eternity KS. He told me in-game.

Edited by Monte Carlo

sonsofgygax.JPG

I found my first legendary after the new patch (in a barrel), and it almost knocked my Witching Hour-belt off. Well, I'm saving my legendaries now till the Mystic arrives with RoS.

A nice surprise: No need to mass id anymore. All yellows are already id-ed at pickup. Only legendaries need the attention of Deckard Cain's confused ramblings.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

yes just search for 'obsidian europe' and join. you will be rewarded with the coveted 'obz' prefix to your charname.

I sent a request too. I think my nick is Sinikorppi there.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Are they allowing a single player mode yet or is it still only multiplayer?

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Ah well never mind then, thank you Indira.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I've played around in it for but half an hour, and everything is just new, new, new! :w00t:

Totally agree. It feels like we've been playing Beta and they've finally gone back and finished the game. Comparing Paragon to how it was to now are just two totally different systems. I've gone from booting up D3, looking at it and thinking 'ugh, no thanks' and closing it, to running home from school like a little kid and wanting to play it. Or in my case, wanting to get home from work and wanting to play it. Well done Blizzard, I would never have thought they could change the way I thought of D3.

I've played around in it for but half an hour, and everything is just new, new, new! :w00t:

Totally agree. It feels like we've been playing Beta and they've finally gone back and finished the game. Comparing Paragon to how it was to now are just two totally different systems. I've gone from booting up D3, looking at it and thinking 'ugh, no thanks' and closing it, to running home from school like a little kid and wanting to play it. Or in my case, wanting to get home from work and wanting to play it. Well done Blizzard, I would never have thought they could change the way I thought of D3.

QFT

And a lesson for Young Turk game designers who take too many liberties with tried-and-tested formats. It's taken, what, almost two years to get to this point? If they'd listened to their forums this would have been the game they'd originally released.

Edit - I like it so much I've started a new monk on easy to play the whole thing again with non-AH items and kit, just to enjoy the difference. My old monk was on the US server, unfortunately.

Edited by Monte Carlo

sonsofgygax.JPG

My adventures with my confused wizard in Torment IV continues! In like two hours, she died like half a dozen times, while I was trying out all sorts of skill combos. No penalty anymore for swapping skills in-game, it seems. The very attributes and stuff changed as well. I'm not even sure what Toughness and Healing really do. I mean there is Vitality and you get healed by life regeneration, life on hit, etc. It's all a bit askew. Another weird thing: If I put all my paragon points in general on INT, I get higher damage and more arcane power than if I just place them all on Increase Arcane Power. Bizarre!

More reflections: Everything is so smooth and sleek. Nothing is really annoying anymore. All in-game interfaces are simply great and intuitive. The Nephalem Valor is gone, replaced by what, I don't know. Sometimes I pick up some Nephalem Destiny Orb or something, and a few times, I found yellow Pools of Reflection, which rewards you with more xp if you are not dying. My first Diamond was a kick! :)

I've found one upgrade so far, a yellow Scoundrel token, which was hysterically good, and with all the values and enhancements I wanted it for him. In total, I've found four legendaries in little more than two hours of actually playing the game. None of them an upgrade for any of my characters. Also, I really like how scarce loot is now, and I try to salvage everything for future crafting. One map, Weeping Hollow, took me about 45 minutes to clear (I did every pixel of it), by using a very weird CC wizard, which mixes kiting and tanking depending on the opponents.

In almost every sense, this is a new game. So, like Monte, our clan leader, I will most likely start a character from scratch too, just to get the full experience of this brave, new D3!

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

I've been getting upgrades galore. It never stops.

New big arse sword for my Barb that replaces my IK's Boulder Breaker.

ei1b7t.jpg

2uij0o6.jpg

I like the fact that a) most items that drop when you take out a class will be mostly for that class. eg. When you take out a Barb, most items that drop will be for your Barb. When you take out a Monk, most drops will be for your Monk. and b) all class specific items now roll their primary stat plus vitality. eg. Barb items always roll STR and Vit. Monk items always roll DEX and Vit. No more Barb items with INT.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist II

Played for a while last night. When I logged in my paragon levels had mysteriously increased from 100 to 111. I had a ton of points to spend (Core, Offense and Defense had 28 each, Utility 27). Playing on Torment III level and I think I need to bump it up a little. I really dig the new attacks that the Elite mooks use. My Demon Hunters DPS is through the roof and on several occasions I saw crits do over 2.5M damage. w00t. No upgrades yet.