Diablo 3 new patch

Monte Carlo

And we're going to test it on Adria first as she's the easiest boss of the three.

On normal Urzael is a push over, but on T1 he's as bad as Malthael. My monk has 295K dps unbuffed which is enough for T1 but not for a speed kill. Need to get it to at least 500K. So we're going to do rifts over the next few days for items.

I have only passed Urzael twice on T1 difficulty, with my wizard and my WD. My wizard had some trouble killing him fast, but it was fairly easy to tiptoe between the steaming hot beams and his flame thrower bonanza. My WD, however, had a hard time. I was trying her out as a pet build too, even kiting with a poison dart and some acid rain. That's not normally my style, but it's fun trying new combos out. :) I managed to kill him on my first try that way on T1, but it took time. I thought he was going to enrage on me, and I was nearly killed a few times too. His not a boss made for kiting and pets, that's for sure. As for Adria, she was almost as hard as Malthael for my Wiz on hardcore, since my Wiz depends a lot on CC, and Adria just jumps around all the time.

my friend whose wizard is 1MM damage,

DH is up to 5 MM toughness,

Given that I basically just try to get all of my toons passed Malthael and then I'll level them to lvl 70, it seems that I have quite some way to go before they are decently equipped. :)

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

DH is up to 5 MM toughness, but I must say I HATE Hellrack, even if it is a vast upgrade.

I ditched my 2-H Manticore for a wicked fast (+20% Attack Speed) one hander. Im like a machine gun of death and its not even legendary. Also got a few pieces of gear that play right into my build like +10% Cluster Arrow damage, +17% Fire damage, Bolas explode instantly.

Yeah, I think I'll revert to a 1H if I can find a decent one, just more fun and I'm finding the way I play I have limited attack windows - so need to fire as much as I can in that time.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

My 2nd monk, the twin of tranquillity, has now made the same passage of horror and survived. Only difference is: She has a massive 40K healing. Even if this is just normal, the level was one higher than last time, and Malthael is no joke. Or is he?

7pzx.jpg
1byk.jpg
ass0.jpg

This sequence shows how Bliss facetanks Malthael without even taking any damage, just standing there in his chilling mist, and in his ice bolts and fire balls. It was a good feeling, and it certainly looks promising when adventure mode awaits for this mad healing monk. :)

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Nice one Indira! You certainly level faster than I do ;)

Finally made it past Adria:

Screenshot021.jpg

Picked up one of those big-ass swords which makes my wizard look pretty ridiculous:

Screenshot022.jpg

Just entered Pandemonium, Malthael should be close now. and judging by my leveling so far I guess I'll be about lvl66 when I face him. Maybe I should just farm a bit until I hit 70...hmm, conundrum...

One thing I noticed is that some of the maps in RoS are really big, Act III style big, being the completionist that I am this has been a bit annoying (I'll just clear this one map and then I'll stop... ;) )

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 1

Wizard helms are downright awful in this expansion. Transmog is always an excuse for Blizzard to create crappy gear artistically it seems :p

My streak of useless legendaries continues, my friends are on T2 and so on and I can barely hack Master - joining them is just annoying as I can't do squat on my own so more grinding.  Trying to farm Sydyru as well, but no luck there.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Marelooke: Farm till lvl 70, you won't regret it. My first char that made it to lvl 70, my wizard, got a very nice lvl 70 amulet, so it's worth it! :)

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

I play a Monk on HC, and have found One With Everything really great. There's a bunch of reasons why it's especially worth it in RoS:

- You can enchant items, so it's easier to stack up on a specific resistance

- Specific resistances are secondary stats, so you can save those primary stats on items for something else.

- While items can't have both All-resist and a specific resistance anymore, specific resistances can now go as high as an all-resist affix (previously they were limited to about half of it).

My Monk has 372k dps, 11mil toughness and 13k healing. I currently play at Master; I could probably survive on Torment I (or even II), but I prefer to play low-risk.

• Like 1

MrBrown, now I know why you got that Enchant All Items cheevo the other day! :D

Thanks for the pro-tip and all this extra info about resistances. You seem to be in the know ever so often! :)

I'm still just levelling up all my chars to lvl 70. Then I will start exploring adventure mode and hunt for better gear.

Got to Level 59 with my Crusader, am just farming the campaign on Hard and doing some rifts / bounties as well.

still get a childish zing of delight when I open up a Horadric box full O' goodies at the end of a bounty.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Just entered Pandemonium, Malthael should be close now. and judging by my leveling so far I guess I'll be about lvl66 when I face him. Maybe I should just farm a bit until I hit 70...hmm, conundrum...

I would not recommend taking on Malthael prior to level 70. Mainly because he drops a guaranteed legendary/set item once you defeat him. It's better to wait until level 70 to get that guaranteed level 70 item. If you beat him prior to level 70, that guaranteed item will be worthless by the time you do hit level 70 and you've just wasted the guaranteed drop. Afterwards, it's random if he drops anything.

Got to Level 59 with my Crusader, am just farming the campaign on Hard and doing some rifts / bounties as well.

still get a childish zing of delight when I open up a Horadric box full O' goodies at the end of a bounty.

I started a Crusader yesterday and have him up to level 42 atm. Some set plans dropped earlier in my levelling and now he has four level 42 set items. Helm, Gloves, Armour and Pants. I've hard to ramp the difficulty up to Master as he was one shotting everything on Normal. Click, dead. Click, dead. :lol:

I also have a 27 level reduced level 70 weapon from my Barb that he will be able to use at level 43 with 2200+ life on hit.  :o  I expect I'll be able to play T1 a fair bit with this weapon. At least until he gets around level 60 and then I'll reassess the difficulty. But I saved a lot of items when Loot 2.0 was released so he has items including some ridiculously OP weapons from level 60-70.

I love the horse though. Riding it downstairs in dungeons always brings a smile and a giggle. :thumbsup:

Took the advice of you all and grinded my way to 70 before fighting Malthael

Screenshot025.jpg

So I ended up being Paragon Level 8 by the time I faced Malthael:

Screenshot027.jpg

I must say that Malthael was a pretty ridiculous jump in difficulty compared to everything that came before (well to be fair there were some elite packs with totally ridiculous ability combinations too), I ended up dialing it back to normal because constantly getting one-shot on expert got old pretty fast. Now that I have some better gear and have seen how the fight goes I'll probably try it on whatever difficulty I happen to play at at the time.

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 2

I levelled up my Crusader to level 43 and equipped the level 70 sword from my Barb and wow. I went to T1 and he was one shotting everything. Went up to T3 and he was either two or three shotting everything and found that a nice level to be at. Minions were still be killed with one click of the mouse.

Also, I have 6600 achievement points now. One person in our clan has hit 7000. Knocked over the Adria speed boss kill in HC and we killed her in about 2 seconds. :lol: I've been on and off, real life stuff (work, girlfriend, etc) so I missed out on being one of the first people to get it. A few in the clan have all the speed boss kill achievements and helping others to get it now.

30w9hdk.jpg

Also, my HC Monk looks like a pirate with a huge hook.

36lz.jpg

Edited by Hiro Protagonist II
  • Like 1

Hiro: That HC monk looks mean! And yes, those weapos with really low lvl reqs are godsends!

Marelooke: Gratz! I agree that Malthael is pretty much tougher than everything else in Act V.

I just do it to see what useless loot I'll get this time.

It's a bit weird. I made a Hardcore character and completed the game once and then began all over on a new chapter. I was a bit surprised to realize that Hardcore characters doesn't share the inventory and levels of crafters so I had to build that up again. Got a lot of cool gear and then zoink I died, because I was down to half health, frozen and three fireballs waiting to explode in my face, but there was a split second between unfreeze and boom, where I missed the heal button.. But the really weird part is that, despite vesting about 24 hours of my time into this character, I didn't really bother me, at all. That really surprised me.. It's fun and entertaining and completely captivates me and waste my time without end once I start, but .. just weird.

(Signatures: disabled) 

I was a bit surprised to realize that Hardcore characters doesn't share the inventory and levels of crafters so I had to build that up again.

Hmm. I'm sure they do share them, just like softcore characters do. I have a number of hardcore characters that have access to one and the same stash, as well as to the same crafters.

They don't share inventory and level of crafters with normal characters as far as I can tell.. which is probably part of the hardcore setting. Kind of makes sense.   

(Signatures: disabled) 

They don't share inventory and level of crafters with normal characters as far as I can tell.. which is probably part of the hardcore setting. Kind of makes sense.   

You're right in that the non-hardcore and hardcore characters do not share the same stash, artisans, etc. They're two separate games. As Indira pointed out, Hardcore characters will share the same stash with each other, like the softcore characters. But they don't share overall between hardcore and non-hardcore, otherwise that would be cheating. :)

As a tip for those who want to hunt achievements, the best and efficient way to get them is to do them in hardcore and preferably in a co-op game. The reason is you get two or three 'ticks' in HC than doing them in a softcore single player game. eg. Kill Adria on Softcore (normal) single player gets you one achievement in Campaign. Kill Adria on the same level in HC gets two ticks with the Hardcore and campaign achievements. Do it in a Hardcore co-op game and you get a third achievement in the co-op achievements. It's the same with killing Uniques, rares, champions. Do it in HC and you get both the HC tick and challenges tick. But doing it in Softcore only gets you one tick and you have to do it all over again in HC.

So while it looks like I've spent a lot of time getting these achievements, I really haven't.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/13532431/patch-204-now-live-4-8-2014

Patch notes - didn't paste well here.

Edited by Malcador

Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls Patch 2.0.4 is now live on the servers. (I copied the patch info from d3inc):

General
  • Greatly increased the survivability of pets summoned by several items and skills, including:
    • Skycutter
    • Maximus
    • The Gidbinn
    • Genzaniku
    • Litany of the Undaunted
    • Call of the Ancients
    • Falling Sword – Rise Brothers
  • All Town hubs have had the placement of the Nephalem Rift Obelisk, Orek, and Kadala adjusted to help reduce the chance of accidental clicking
  • The Blacksmith’s Belongings box in Act I no longer has collision
Classes Barbarian

barb-female.png

Barbarian

Philosophy

Many skills that spend wiki_icon.pngFury feel great, but when it comes time to generate Fury the single-target options don’t feel meaty compared to the generators that can hit more than one target at a time. As a result, we are increasing the potency of those single-target generators to be more competitive.

Active Skills

Bash

• Increased base damage from 170% to 215% weapon damage
  • Skill Rune - Clobber
    • Increased chance to stun for 1.5 seconds from 30% to 35%
  • Skill Rune - Onslaught
    • Increased additional damage from 80% to 100% weapon damage

Frenzy

• Increased base damage from 120% to 155% weapon damage

War Cry

• Bug Fix: Fixed an issue preventing the 5 seconds of paused Fury degeneration after casting War Cry from working.

Weapon Throw

• Increased base damage from 150% to 185% weapon damage
  • Skill Rune – Mighty Throw
    • Increased damage from 210% to 270% weapon damage
  • Skill Rune – Throwing Hammer
    • Increased chance to stun from 30% to 40%

Crusader

crusader-male.png

Crusader

Philosophy

Many of the Crusader’s Wrath spenders are below where we would like, while Heaven’s Fury – Fires of Heaven was over-performing. We are toning back Fires of Heaven while increasing the potency of most of the other Crusader spenders to encourage greater build exploration.

The single-target wiki_icon.pngWrath generator spells, Punish and Justice, don’t feel meaty compared to generators that can hit more than one target at a time. As a result, we are increasing the potency of Punish and Justice to be more competitive.

We are making a few adjustments to improve Steed Charge. The cooldown and duration of the skill have both been reduced. Overall, this makes the total uptime for the skill slightly higher and, more importantly, you’ll be able to hit the button more often. We’re removing the ability for Steed Charge to break stuns, which allows us to focus on Steed Charge being primarily a mobility skill that can still get you out of root effects, such as Jailer. We still want Steed Charge to be useful in combat, so we’re also increasing the damage on damage-focused runes.

General

• Crusaders now take 15% less damage from all sources

Active Skills

Akarat’s Champion

Fixed an issue where Rally would not reduce the cooldown of Condemn

Blessed Hammer

• Skill Rune – Burning Wrath
    • Increased radius from 5 to 8 yards
    • Increased pool damage from 95% to 150% weapon damage
  • Skill Rune - Icebound Hammer
    • Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where Icebound Hammer wasn’t chilling enemies
    • Icebound Hammer no longer goes away when exploding

Blessed Shield

• Increased base skill damage from 280% to 340% weapon damage
  • Skill Rune – Combust
    • Increased damage from 105% to 270% weapon damage
  • Skill Rune – Shattering Throw
    • Increased damage from 50% to 333% weapon damage
    • Known Issue: The tooltip for this skill rune does not reflect this change

Fist of the Heavens

• Increased base skill’s impact damage from 250% to 340% weapon damage
  • Increased base skill’s bolt damage from 210% to 340% weapon damage
  • Skill Rune – Divine Well
    • Increased damage from 14% to 80% weapon damage
    • Increased bolt zap search radius from 12 to 18 yards
  • Skill Rune – Fissure
    • Increased area of effect damage from 80% to 400% weapon damage over 5 seconds
    • Increased Arc capsule damage radius from 3 to 6 yards
  • Skill Rune – Heaven’s Tempest
    • Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where Heaven’s Tempest was not moving around in its intended pattern

Heaven’s Fury

• Skill Rune – Fires of Heaven
    • Reduced damage from 950% to 735% weapon damage

Justice

• Increased base skill damage from 175% to 240% weapon damage
  • Skill Rune – Burst
    • Increased damage from 25% to 30% weapon damage
  • Skill Rune – Hammer of Pursuit
    • Hammer of Pursuit now seeks targets more quickly after cast
    • Increased damage from 200% to 300% weapon damage

Phalanx

• Increased base skill damage from 295% to 380% weapon damage
  • Skill Rune – Bowmen
    • Increased damage from 85% to 160% weapon damage
  • Skill Rune – Bodyguard
    • Increased damage from 200% to 285% weapon damage
  • Skill Rune – Shield Charge
    • Increased damage from 75% to 180% weapon damage
  • Skill Rune – Stampede
    • Increased Stun chance from 25% to 30%

Punish

• Increased base skill damage from 200% to 270% weapon damage
  • Skill Rune – Retaliate
    • Increased damage from 70% to 94% weapon damage

Shield Bash

• Increased base skill damage from 325% to 370% weapon damage
  • Skill Rune – Crumble
    • Increased on death proc damage from 550% to 660% weapon damage
  • Skill Rune – Pound
    • Increased damage from 550% to 740% weapon damage
    • Increased bonus damage from shield Block Chance from 150% to 500%

Steed Charge

• Reduced base skill cooldown from 25 to 16 seconds
  • Reduced base skill duration from 2 to 1.5 seconds
  • No longer breaks Stun
  • Skill Rune – Endurance
    • Reduced duration from 3 to 2 seconds
  • Skill Rune – Ramming Speed
    • Increased damage from 475% to 515% weapon damage
  • Skill Rune – Nightmare
    • Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where the Fire pools were not lasting their full intended duration
  • Skill Rune – Draw and Quarter
    • Increased damage from 125% to 185% weapon damage

Sweep Attack

• Increased base damage from 400% to 440% weapon damage

Passive Skills

Lord Commander

• Now reduces the cooldown of Steed Charge by 25% and Bombardment by 35%

Demon Hunter

demonhunter-male.png

Demon Hunter

Philosophy

Many skills that spend Hatred feel great, but when it comes time to generate Hatred the single-target options don’t feel meaty compared to the generators that can hit more than one target at a time. As a result, we are increasing the potency of a few single-target generators to be more competitive.

Active Skills

Evasive Fire

• Increased base middle shot damage from 160% to 200% weapon damage
  • Increased base side shot damage from 80% to 100% weapon damage
  • Skill Rune – Covering Fire
    • Bug Fix: Fixed a bug causing the side shot damage to be lower than the amount listed
    • Increased the damage of the side shots from 160% to 200% weapon damage
    • Increased the range of the side shots from 50% to 80% to match the range of the middle shot

Hungering Arrow

• Increased base damage from 125% to 155% weapon damage

Sentry

• Skill Rune – Guardian Turret
    • The damage reduction from this rune will now be reflected in the Toughness display

Monk

monk-female.png

Untouched Monk

Philosophy

Monks are working as intended and Dashing Strike is perfectly balanced.

There are no Monk changes at this time. Monks are currently in a fairly comfortable place, but as with all aspects of the game, we will continue to monitor them and make changes as needed.

Witch Doctor

witchdoctor-female.png

Witch Doctor

Philosophy

The Witch Doctor was lacking good options for when they were low on Mana. A lack of attractive Signature spells results in builds primarily focused on sustaining Mana for long periods of time. We are increasing the potency of a few single-target Signature spells to be more competitive so that there are still aggressive options while waiting for Mana to regenerate.

Haunt has received some changes to provide a low-Mana option as well as to emphasize options for a damage-over-time (DOT) play style.

Active Skills

Poison Dart

• Increased base skill damage from 155% + 40% to 185% + 40% weapon damage
  • Skill Rune – Splinters
    • Increased damage from 65% to 105% weapon damage per dart
  • Skill Rune – Spined Dart
    • Increased amount of Mana returned from 25 to 50
  • Skill Rune – Flaming Dart
    • Increased damage from 275% to 425% weapon damage over 4 seconds
    • Damage over time from Flaming Dart can now stack with itself
  • Skill Rune – Snake to the Face
    • Stun chance increased from 25% to 33%-35%

Corpse Spiders

• Increased base skill damage from 216% to 324% weapon damage
  • Skill Rune – Leaping Spiders
    • Increased damage from 238% to 383% weapon damage
  • Skill Rune – Blazing Spiders
    • Increased damage from 259% to 400% weapon damage

Firebomb

• Skill Rune – Pyrogeist
    • Increased damage from 560% to 880% weapon damage

Haunt

• Reduced Mana cost from 200 to 50
  • Increased base skill damage from 1465% over 6 seconds to 4000% over 12 seconds

Wizard

wizard-male.png

Wizard

Philosophy

Two skills on the Wizard, Arcane Orb – Frozen Orb and Electrocute, have bugs with their implementation. Unfortunately, these bug fixes do have the side effect of weakening these skills. Ultimately, this brings these skills back in line with other Wizard skills, which is why we chose to implement these fixes.
Teleport is receiving some changes to allow it to work in more situations. The range is being increased overall for each cast of Teleport. As a result, the Wormhole rune is receiving a reduction in the number of successive casts that can be completed. Previously, you could cover 140 yards in 4 casts and now you can cover 150 yards in 3 casts. Overall, this is a buff.

Active Skills

Arcane Orb

• Skill Rune – Frozen Orb
    • Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where Frozen Orb was chilling for longer than intended
    • Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where the Frozen Orb bonus damage radius was hitting a larger area than intended

Electrocute

Teleport

• Increased range from 35 to 50 yards
  • Skill Rune – Wormhole
    • Reduced maximum allowed teleports from 4 to 3

Passive Skills

Arcane Dynamo

• Bug Fix: Arcane Dynamo now properly grants bonus damage to channeled spells

Prodigy

• Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where Electrocute was granting double the intended amount of Arcane Power when used with Prodigy

Adventure Mode

Nephalem Rifts

• Nephalem Obelisks now have a short cast time before they activate
  • Adjusted the potential layouts for Sewer and Aqueduct style dungeons to include more randomized options
Crafting
  • Level 70 crafted sets no longer require Flawless Royal gems and instead now require Marquise gems
  • The drop rate of unique Legendary crafting materials has been significantly increased
  • This matches the drop rate of Death’s Breaths
  • Death’s Breaths are no longer required for level 61-70 Rare crafting recipes

Bug Fixes

• Legendary crafted shields now provide the correct amount of Block Value for their level
Items
  • The treasure from Resplendent Chests has been improved to feel more resplendent
  • Malthael is now much more afraid, and will more consistently drop the Reaper’s Fear Legendary crafting material

Bug Fixes

• Legendary Follower relics will no longer roll incorrect Primary stats
    Gloves of Worship no longer grant 60 minute buffs for Empowered or Fleeting Shrines
Monsters
  • Damage from ghosts with the Soul Siphon ability has been reduced

wiki_icon.pngPoison Enchanted:

• Duration of each Poison Enchanted globule reduced from 8 to 6 seconds
  • Maximum number of Poison Enchanted globules has been reduced from 4 to 3 per cast
  • Poison Enchanted is now triggered with more variation in timing from Champion packs

The “Kill Malthael” quest is now required to be completed before Malthael will drop loot

Quests
  • The Crazy Climber event now requires players to kill the monsters spawned during the event to complete
  • The Jar of Souls event now spawns additional monsters in Torment I and higher
  • The Matriarch’s Bones event now spawns additional monsters in Torment I and higher
  • In Campaign Mode, Manglemaw now only drops loot and gives XP before the player progresses to the Chancellor’s Tomb quest
User Interface

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue where game objects were prioritized over chat links in the chat window
  • Fixed an issue where players were sometimes unable to click on chat links at the bottom of the chat window
  • Like 2

Crafting is one that I'm most happy with. I haven't spent much time crafting gems (only diamonds for resistance and emeralds for weapons) and glad to see it's been dropped down to Marquis gems for weapons and items. Also happy with the increased drop rates for materials. I did about 25 runs on T1, killing Celik in Pandemonium 2 for angelic shards and none dropped at all. Still don't have any angelic shards since playing RoS. So it'll be good to actually play tonight and do Celik runs to get them so I can craft some weapons for my HC monk.