Diablo 3 new patch

Monte Carlo

So the new D3 patch with some free, early 'Reaper of Souls' content / changes is currently downloading. This patch is the size of the internet (OK, it's 11.74 GB on top of a whole load of other stuff that Blizzard swamped my puter with).

Anyhoo glancing at the patch notes it appears you can make your own group / guilds etc.

I know there are some fellow ARPG fans here, in fact some of you are my current D3 friends and I have some of your loot which I put on the auction house might have lost.

So who is up for a new guild / group using this feature?

I'll be playing on both PS4 (with MC Junior) and on PC depending too.

• Like 2

sonsofgygax.JPG

11.74 GB? Are they finally making the game able to play offline? If not, it's bat****crazy for a patch O.o People with traffic quotas would be not very happy...

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Does it have PVP yet? Items that matter and make sense (i.e. not just stats hoarding with swords for sorceress)? The RMAH should be closed in the near future, are the drop rates fixed yet? And I presume the whole "all skills accessible all the time with minor delay" thing is still present. As is the laggy serverside singleplayer, huh? Sounds like fun.

There's some sort of server issues and the update won't update. Pffffft.

Blizzard server issues during a big update or something? Shocker. :biggrin: Could be lots o' folks trying to DL it.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Could be. Point is they often have issues being ready. Not saying they're the only ones - many do these days sometimes - it's just amusing, especially when I was a part of it many times.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Some screen shots when you update with the latest patch and log in.

fckz7s.jpg

23icr50.jpg

New difficulty levels. No more Nightmare Hell or Inferno.

k1xufr.jpg

352f77l.jpg

I used to have 99% achievements and only had like 2 or 3 left. Now it's dropped down to 45%. lol

Edited by Hiro Protagonist II
  • Like 1

I know there are some fellow ARPG fans here.

So who is up for a new guild / group using this feature?

I'll be playing on both PS4 (with MC Junior) and on PC depending too.

I usually play solo, but I maybe up for that new guild of yours!

It's great that D3 gets this big wipe (disguised as 2.0) and gets lots of new stuff to do. :)

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I had a blast on the PS3 version as compared to the pc version due to the better loot, so I look forward to this patch, the release of the expansion and the PS4 version especially since it plays wells on a controller and would really enjoy a clan/guild of members here to play with.

Well after about three hours of playing, I probably have at least 25-30 upgrade items for my characters. Legendary drops have all been upgrades. Also had the below flail drop for me for a crusader which I'll keep for now until the expansion is released.

Crusader Flail. No idea if it's good or not.

30x9bup.jpg

The crafting has changed heaps. I just realised all my Tomes of Secrets have changed to Demon Essences. There's no more pages or books anymore. And a few of the salvage items have changed too. Interesting stuff. Also, there's a new White Gem called the Diamond.

Had a blast playing this. Considering I gave up on it nearly a year ago, I was really dreading the expansion thinking it wouldn't add much to the game. Now, it's like a whole new game. The new achievements kind of give away parts of the story, but I'm really looking forward to see how it all plays out. I'd say it's pretty damn good and can't wait for the expansion. Although, it does feel like you're playing part of the expansion already with how much has changed.

• Like 1

I've played around in it for but half an hour, and everything is just new, new, new! :w00t:

As I have level 60s of all characters, I decided to give my wizard a go this time. She had to drop exactly everything that she once was (at least she got to keep her beautiful voice, the same actor that was the evilest of evil in Aang: the Last Airbender). I started from the beginning of Act 1, picked Master difficulty and attributed all those paragon points, redid the passives and picked new left and right attack skills. Out she and the scoundrel went, and they met a world of push-over zombies. Soon I found my first yellow, only to realize I needed to configure the settings of my gaming mouse before I went utterly mad. I'll probably crank up the difficulty to Torment next time. I love where all this is going, though. One kind of potion, one kind of crafting mat. My invo is smiling broadly.

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

No Crusaders until the XP in March. I echo the comments above... the new team have made it more, well, Diablo. Combat is much more fun now, and I liked the way you can customise your toon using Paragon points. The drops are more intuitive and the optimization makes it feel much purdier. Bravo!

And behold, StuG the barbarian!

RRBwyXu.jpg

• Like 2

sonsofgygax.JPG

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014

Interesting changes, I'll patch it up over the weekend when my bandwidth cap renews.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra