Godzilla 2014

Bryy

I'm pretty sure that's the original Godzilla noise, making Godzilla literally the only thing that should be allowed to use it.

Oh? I haven't seen the original Godzi in decades. Ok ... then they need to create a new sound for giant reptiles that aren't Godzi. ;) Essentially, they sound similar enough to me (electronic-ized elephant trumpet mixes, maybe lion) that one brings to mind the other, chicken or egg, heh.

Anyway, I'm not trying to rag on the movie itself, just movie trailers, heh. It definitely looks better than the '98 one, at least.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Interestingly, it seems that this Godzilla might have other monsters in it, so that makes it much more interesting to me (I really feared a retread of the typical "1st Godzilla film in a cycle" to be honest).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I didn't know that, I did know that their screechy roar noises are a combination of dolphin and walrus. The T-rex, on the other hand, roars with a combination of freight train, cow going moo and a tiny pomeranian playing with a rope played at half speed.

I love sound effect stories like that. Other favourite examples of mine are the sound of the evil spirit from The Grudge, which is someone slowly running their finger over a comb, and the roar of the Balrog in The Lord of the Rings, which is a cinderblock being dragged over another cinderblock.

Godzilla is going to be taken down by a group of specially trained Japanese teeny boppers.

shingeki-no-kyojin-mikasa-ackerman-cospl

They will defeat him by the power of friendship! Yattaaaa!!

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I haven't seen a 3D movie yet that I didn't enjoy more in 2D.

mmmm...smoke some weed, watch a movie in 3D and then tell me the experience wasn't better than 2D :)

What is it that makes it better? The barely noticable depth effect that doesn't actually register to your eyes and brain anymore after 5 minutes of film, the eyestrain from forcing your eyes into perfect focus for every second of the film, the higher chance of motion sickness, or the complete loss of color and contrast in the image? While I don't partake (I know, so unexpected from a dutch person) I highly doubt even weed can make this better.

For me its mostly the not really noticing it after the first few minutes, coupled with the glasses bothering my nose, the lack of clarity of picture, and having to pay extra for the experience.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg