Censorship? Unacceptable.

I read that there will be some heavily censored scenes in non-American version of The Stick of Truth. Specifically they can be found in this document (obvious spoilers):

Any comments on that?

How will the game determine whether it will be censored or not? What if I buy a US version and activate it in my European Steam account? 

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2014/02/25/south-park-the-stick-of-truth-has-7-censored-scenes-in-europe-report/

Edit: Hey, looks like wham made a thread with the same topic before, sorry wham :( . I swear it wasn't there when I clicked "start new topic" 

Edited by Aoyagi

I read that there will be some heavily censored scenes in non-American version of The Stick of Truth. Specifically they can be found in this document (obvious spoilers):

Any comments on that?

How will the game determine whether it will be censored or not? What if I buy a US version and activate it in my European Steam account? 

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2014/02/25/south-park-the-stick-of-truth-has-7-censored-scenes-in-europe-report/

Well that's really disappointing. I guess this censorship will cover EU Steam versions as well... And here I was thinking that I'm an adult who won't get traumatized by cartoon anal probing scenes. Thanks EMEA/Ubisoft.

Edited by Flouride

Hate the living, love the dead.

That's the weird thing. The uncensored versions share their steam entry including the us. So, it might not be just europe.

Well, that would be very unfortunate. I imagine there are other ways to censor a game than through different binaries though. Kinda like some games that sell DLCs for assets already present in the game files (example: RAGE).

That's the weird thing. The uncensored versions share their steam entry including the us. So, it might not be just europe.

That's because it's the console versions that are censored.

Wait. Seriously?

WTF Ubi?

Yeah, read the document linked in the OP (well, the section on censorship anyway), it specifically mentions EMEA console versions.

Hey, just to let you guys know, a petition has been started by some people on Gamespot.

Guys please be a gem and sign it. Not wanting to cause trouble, just us Europeans are pretty annoyed concerning this.

https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/ubisoft-ubisoft-to-un-censor-the-european-version-of-south-park-the-stick-of-truth#

Personally I always thought that Americans were more annoyed concerning abortion issue's than those of us in Europe  :blink:

Hey, just to let you guys know, a petition has been started by some people on Gamespot.

Guys please be a gem and sign it. Not wanting to cause trouble, just us Europeans are pretty annoyed concerning this.

https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/ubisoft-ubisoft-to-un-censor-the-european-version-of-south-park-the-stick-of-truth#

Personally I always thought that Americans were more annoyed concerning abortion issue's than those of us in Europe :blink:

They are. But the change wasn't even made for rating reasons otherwise the pc version would have been changed too.

Edited by C2B

Poor saps probably won't even get our crying koala picture. :p What'd be appropriate for Europe? A crying wolf or reindeer? A vole?

I'm not sure. 

So far it looks like it was someone in ubisoft who made the decision, not the PEGI who already had passed the game.... So maybe so ubisoft mockery?

I just pre ordered this on steam and was almost ready to cancel my pre order until they said the PC version was unaffected. It's still shocking though that in 2014 games are getting censored. Especially when it's an 18 rated game.

CarmanWizard.png

You have been sought out new kid, because humans everywhere are in great danger. I need something from you, and in return I'm prepared to allow you into my kingdom. I know you are very excited. It's time for your first quest but first, please tell us thy name.

You entered "Dingbat", is that correct?

Are you sure you want to keep the name "Dingbat"?

Very well Dingbat, you will now choose a class...

• Like 1

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.