Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Kickstarter] Zaharia, an isometric CRPG set in a Middle Eastern style fantasy world

kickstarter rpg pc mac linux

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

daveyd

daveyd

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Hmm. After some more looksies, I decided to skip the game, mostly because I realize that when that game comes out I will already be drowning in "classic" CRPGs. I need other kinds of games for a change, especially by then. :)

Weirdo  :blink: For me there is no other genre of game that I really want to play.  Well, except The Witcher series.  But I can never have enough good new "old school" CRPGs to look forward to.  

IndiraLightfoot

IndiraLightfoot

Apex of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 5568 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Hmm. After some more looksies, I decided to skip the game, mostly because I realize that when that game comes out I will already be drowning in "classic" CRPGs. I need other kinds of games for a change, especially by then. :)

Weirdo  :blink: For me there is no other genre of game that I really want to play.  Well, except The Witcher series.  But I can never have enough good new "old school" CRPGs to look forward to.  

I know, "weirdo" is the word! It's not like me at all, but you should see my list. I'll be preoccupied until the year 2017, and by then I'll just pick up Zaharia in a Steam sale for scraps. Cynical, perhaps, but still...

Meshugger

Meshugger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5240 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

At least the setting is something different compared to the rest of the industry.

• Bryy likes this

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3291 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I know, "weirdo" is the word! It's not like me at all, but you should see my list. I'll be preoccupied until the year 2017, and by then I'll just pick up Zaharia in a Steam sale for scraps. Cynical, perhaps, but still...

Please feel free to back StarCrawlers because I want some of those stretch goals

I do hope that if Zaharia doesn't make it the guys working on it revise their plan and add some more polish to the demo and try again

daveyd

daveyd

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Please feel free to back StarCrawlers because I want some of those stretch goals

I do hope that if Zaharia doesn't make it the guys working on it revise their plan and add some more polish to the demo and try again

Me too.  Really hope everyone who says "Looks great but I don't think they'll make their goal" decides to back it anyway.  There's nothing to lose from backing a KS that doesn't make their goal.  But the way I look at it is, the more people who back it now to show their interest, the more motivated the developers will be to keep trying.   It would take a huge bump in publicity for it to actually make it this time around, but that doesn't mean they can't succeed if they try again with a revamped pitch video and demo.  

Edited by daveyd, 25 February 2014 - 12:46 PM.

• ShadySands likes this

daveyd

daveyd

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that they also have a Steam Greenlight page.  Whether or not you decide to back their KS, you can show your interest in Zaharia by giving them a yes vote.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kickstarter, rpg, pc, mac, linux

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users