Dragon Age: Inquisition

Gorth

Dales_WM_005.jpg

The Exalted Plains of the Dales are characterized by equal measures of beauty and strife. It was here, centuries ago, that the elven nation met its bitter end. On these fields, the holdouts of the elven army faced the forces of the human Chantry and died, defending their promised land to the last breath. This legacy of conflict has endured, and battle once again rages in the Dales.

The Exalted Plains are now a contested battleground in the Orlesian civil war, and soldiers fight and die here in vast numbers. As the boundaries of reality weaken across Thedas, the memory of injustices past and present draws the attention of restless spirits who rise to possess the dead and stalk the living across the blood-steeped earth.

That's beautiful, and then you notice the trees are cut off at the water.

But beautiful.

What is wrong with the way the trees are standing in the water? Edited by Maria Caliban
  • Like 2

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

DA:O used the Darkspawn threat to let us meddle in Ferelden and dwarven politics. ME had a looming Reaper threat but that didn't stop Shepard from getting involved with the geth/quarian conflict or the genophage.

If anything, BioWare games love to say "Here is a horrible, world-threatening evil... now go solve dozens of unrelated problems."

• Like 3

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Yes, but both of those games are terrible. What you posted actually sounds pretty good, if they can exploit the potential and not get sidetracked into tedious dark spawn marathon again.

• Like 1

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Seems like the spirit stuff is only going to interfere with the  potentially more interesting human conflicts.

Nonsense, the spirit stuff will save the potentially more interesting human conflicts by making it seem that BW didn't develop them enough. Instead of making a game centered around political intrigue and coming up short, basically BW needs to shift between two storylines to keep the focus moving so that their thin story isn't put to scrutiny. It has been that way since BG.

Also, Volo is saying "No" a lot recently and it's just that; no elaboration. I think his spring is loosening who was supposed to keep him winded?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Seems like the spirit stuff is only going to interfere with the  potentially more interesting human conflicts.

Nonsense, the spirit stuff will save the potentially more interesting human conflicts by making it seem that BW didn't develop them enough. Instead of making a game centered around political intrigue and coming up short, basically BW needs to shift between two storylines to keep the focus moving so that their thin story isn't put to scrutiny. It has been that way since BG.

Also, Volo is saying "No" a lot recently and it's just that; no elaboration. I think his spring is loosening who was supposed to keep him winded?

Makes as much sense as repeating the same tired stuff from the other side of the fence tbh. I know I don't get wound up because of them, for one. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

"Makes as much sense as repeating the same tired stuff from the other side of the fence tbh. I know I don't get wound up because of them, for one."

No

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

"Makes as much sense as repeating the same tired stuff from the other side of the fence tbh. I know I don't get wound up because of them, for one."

No

I've mentioned this before but I find these monosyllabic responses from Volo unhelpful to the principle of debate. Lately he has been a bit more detailed but most of the time he doesn't care to explain his view and I can understand this annoying people

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"No."

No.

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

"I've mentioned this before but I find these monosyllabic responses from Volo unhelpful to the principle of debate. Lately he has been a bit more detailed but most of the time he doesn't care to explain his view and I can understand this annoying people"

Why are you ignorant? Read the posts I reply to when I post 'no' and your answers will be found.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Why are you ignorant? Read the posts I reply to when I post 'no' and your answers will be found."

tumblr_m72sl2Ryta1r35d8x.gif

• Like 3

village_idiot.gif

Back on topic.

The environment graphics look really nice but the reddish brown color palette that Bioware is insisting on for some reason is still present. Some of the models are really crude too. But it does look much better than DAO and DA2.

I still think the overall art direction of this series is poor considering how good Mass Effect was in that regard.  

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Anyone here heard anything back from Dragon Age Keep? Or applied?

I heard some rumours that if you weren't accepted in the first wave, they picked their second round of testers from new(er) applications. I applied when it was first announced but couldn't care less right now.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif