Dragon Age: Inquisition

Gorth

Bioware's hyperbole machine is flashing and jerking around, steam escaping from the exaggeration nodules.

that is our biggest complaint regarding bioware. am not certain if they realize that their pre-release claims has become comical. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Merrill was fantastic. Everyone that says otherwise is an enemy of man.

Hello chap, how's the weather? Now, let me introduce myself: I'm an emeny of man.

You too? Sure are a lot of us these days.

I don't suppose you happen to have wealth and taste?

Edited by KaineParker
  • Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Hello chap, how's the weather? Now, let me introduce myself: I'm an emeny of man.

I don't think the devil would make grammar errors, he is in the details after all.

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

"You won't find 40 endings with only slight degrees of variation between them."

Uh huh.   Other than that, all sound good.

Yeah I don't know if there will be enough colors to make it work.

Joking aside, the endings in ME3 could have worked, if they had more effort put in to them. Story wise they were 3 very different endings, animation/video wise not so much.

• Like 2

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

I am also enemy of man, what a coincidence!

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I am also enemy of man, what a coincidence!

I've given everything I can, there are no heroes left in man.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Oh, Merrill. I romanced Merrill because of the lack of other good romances..... Oh boy, I have to confess I never felt so ....bad romancing a character in a game, it almost felt like taking advantage of mentally handicapped person in the worst possible way. It made me wish BW never put romances in DA2.  Then again I wish BW didn't put so much DA2 in DA2.

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

The weather is fine. How is it being an agent of Satan? I bet your days are simply fascinating. 

One has to wonder why the young lady is holding an overly ornate Rabbit?

While I generally share your criticism of style over substance, I don't think the art direction is necessarily a good example. After all:

(pic here)

Yup. Leave it to us Europeans to produce something so obscenely ornate that ends up being caricaturesque. (though I suppose a valid complaint is about the taste of anyone who draws inspiration from that...  :shifty:)

edit:

Also, because why the hell not:

(pic here)

"Yo dawg, I heard you like sceptres, so we put a sceptre in your sceptre so you can rule while you rule..."

am having a friend that collects crosier. he is particular interested in religious staves, but he gots some basic-to-ornate shepherd stuff too.  am guessing that some guys tending flocks with a lot o' time on their hands gots pretty darn good at wood-carving. is not our thing, but many o' the sticks in his collection is beautiful. regardless, all one needs do is type "crosier" into a search engine and look at images. if this were the straw that broke nonek, we can't help but chuckle, 'cause the weird walking stick/staff that bio's maleficent wields is pretty tame. 

that being said, am recalling post nwn complaints. one stuck with us 'cause o' how irate the poster were-- she were livid in her condemnation o' bio and their obviously myopic design philosophy. developers were clear incompetent. after all, bio's lack o' footwear selection were bordering on criminal. didn't matter what you put into boot/shoe slot as your chestpiece determined footwear appearance. 

shoes. she were serious that the failure that busted nwn beyond repair were shoes. 

staff or shoe don't matter-- there will always be folks who sees things so different that any kind o' meeting o' the minds is impossible. 

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Well slapping on a bunch of "different" endings is easier than actually providing many actually different ways to get to the ending(s).

I hear Consortium did a really good job in that regard, I really ought to get around to playing that game...

Isn't this exactly what Emperor Hudson said about ME3?

Yeah... Guess it'll be just like DAO, but the binary choices are going to be really REALLY different!!1 ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Yeah... Guess it'll be just like DAO, but the binary choices are going to be really REALLY different!!1 ;)

I don't think BioWare can accommodate enough colours to cover all that :o

Edited by TheChris92

I don't think BioWare can accommodate enough colours to cover all that :o

Free-shipping-Pro-120-Full-Color-Eyeshad

Next gen game indeed.

Edited by Malekith
  • Like 2

The 3 ending being basically identical but with a different color explosion in ME3 was quite pathetic, but that wasn't the worst part of it.  What was the biggest kick to the balls was that the entire time during ME3's development, right up until just before launch, BioWare was touting how all the choices you made in ME1 and ME2 and during ME3 will have an impact on the trilogy's ending and you will get a "personalized" ending, then delivered the polar opposite of that by making all your choices, previous to choosing what color explosion you'd like to see, completely and utterly irrelevant.

So you'll have to forgive me if I don't take BioWare's claims on the endings of DA:I at face value.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 4

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The 3 ending being basically identical but with a different color explosion in ME3 was quite pathetic, but that wasn't the worst part of it.  What was the biggest kick to the balls was that the entire time during ME3's development, right up until just before launch, BioWare was touting how all the choices you made in ME1 and ME2 and during ME3 will have an impact on the trilogy's ending and you will get a "personalized" ending, then delivered the polar opposite of that by making all your choices, previous to choosing what color explosion you'd like to see, completely and utterly irrelevant.

So you'll have to forgive me if I don't take BioWare's claims on the endings of DA:I at face value.

To be honest I forgot about that claim.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Today I learned colour #CC6666 is officially named "Fuzzy Wuzzy". So I pick that ending. Will have to upgrade my 16-colour EGA video card though.

EDIT: It looks like this

Edited by Humanoid
  • Like 2

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

The weather is fine. How is it being an agent of Satan? I bet your days are simply fascinating. 

Most fascinating indeed, my good sir. The latest developments in making teenage girls the largest consumer demographic has really produced excellent results. While i do appriciate the large surge of damned souls, or clients as we like call them here at the 'human decency regression'-department, i cannot help to worry about the rather homonegenous nature of the clientele. They all seem to be very fond of business venture called "Bioware", which is not bad in itself, but i am afraid that if this trend continues, we will not meet our diversity quota before Halloween. After all, we are all seriously committed to meet the standards of Hell having a multicultural environment according the last directive by management. You have get with the times, you know, and all that.

Hail Satan, and Tallyhoo!

• Like 7

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Most fascinating indeed, my good sir. The latest developments in making teenage girls the largest consumer demographic has really produced excellent results. While i do appriciate the large surge of damned souls, or clients as we like call them here at the 'human decency regression'-department, i cannot help to worry about the rather homonegenous nature of the clientele. They all seem to be very fond of business venture called "Bioware", which is not bad in itself, but i am afraid that if this trend continues, we will not meet our diversity quota before Halloween. After all, we are all seriously committed to meet the standards of Hell having a multicultural environment according the last directive by management. You have get with the times, you know, and all that.

Hail Satan, and Tallyhoo!

I tip my hat to you, good sir.

5ajbeWB.gif

You have just won the internet.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸