Dragon Age: Inquisition

Gorth

Dunno, I liked ME2 more than I did ME1. Never played the third one.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Iirc the art direction of me3 was a lot like the game itself: really good up until thessia and then just spectacularly collapses.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I felt Mass Effect art direction got poorer with each game.

Too true. They should really shove this "darker and edgier" crap up where the sun doesn't shine.

I would apply this to almost all media.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

am recalling something our sister said in reference to tv/movie characters:

"it takes more than simply not washing your hair to be dark and edgy."

am thinking this observation applies to more than characters.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Iirc the art direction of me3 was a lot like the game itself: really good up until thessia and then just spectacularly collapses.

I wouldn't say so, pretty much all the worst designs (Ashley's redesign, EDI's robot body, etc.) appear in the first half of the game, while some of the best come later (the Banshees, IIRC, come in the latter half of the game).

I don't think EDI's robot body is a failure of art design, it's just a bad idea in general. :p

Banshees show up way before Thessia, though.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

That ship sailed with Miranda in ME2. Her visual design was entirely fanservice even if based on a real person.

I like Yvonne Strahovski as much as any red blooded male with vaguely functioning eyes, but the cat suit and especially the ludicrous posing was just plain embarrassing.

I don't think EDI's robot body is a failure of art design, it's just a bad idea in general. :p

It's definitely a bad idea in general, but the decision to give it a cameltoe and a sexy appearance is also an artistic (as in visual arts) failure.

Considering Bioware is supposed to be "non=sexist"

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

I do like how with the direction they took from ME1 to ME2, where it's totally okay to wander on foreign planets in nothing but skimpy outfits or casuals clothes, without any internal repercussions or need for a suit to grant oxygen. Or the rather handwaved explanation of how the galaxy's heat-based weapon system suddenly spontaneously combusted to pave way for bullet accustomed weaponry.

Edited by TheChris92
  • Like 1

It's definitely a bad idea in general, but the decision to give it a cameltoe and a sexy appearance is also an artistic (as in visual arts) failure.

I think the cameltoe was just not originally intended for her. Some guy in art got creative with a detail on an NPC that he never expected to get looked at closely, then it was decided to make it into an alternate costume for the character.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

"I like Yvonne Strahovski as much as any red blooded male with vaguely functioning eyes, but the cat suit and especially the ludicrous posing was just plain embarrassing."

Nope. Not embarrassing at all. Sexy women are never embarassing. Sorry.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

is always funny to listen to when folks thinks _____________ "jumped the shark." sure, some actors, movies, athletes, whatever got clear moments of fail followed by inevitable plummets into forgotenhood, but those Mel Gibson moments is rare.  did indiana jones plummet into suckage when spielberg hired kate capshaw, or were it more complicated... or did third movie make up for the second? as for bio's art direction... *chuckle*  virtual every bio game release has had some folks enraged by art direction. bg2 portraits caused major board rage when first seen.  all pastels.... and original minsc did look... bad, on multiple levels. wanna know why bg2 portraits got all those weird scars and piercings? is 'cause bio fans wanted portraits to be more "dark and edgy."  serious. bio obliged.  scars and piercings = dark and edgy. we thought the re-released bio portraits were a joke on fans who had asked for darkness and edge, but biofan loved the new versions.  wanna talk "fan service"?  (had to look-up "fan service" btw... silly anime terminology.)  aribeth's boob cut-out o' in her plate armour caused more nerd rage than anything we saw from folks regarding mass effect games. the elvish paladin o' tyr were in armour that defied gravity and had questionable protective qualities.

nevertheless, aribeth were the poster child for bioware's next big franchise, and she were clearly meant to titillate the fancy o' the unwashed mass o' bioware fans. 

*shrug*

am thinking it is more fun to listen to the arguments than it is to participate.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

That ship sailed with Miranda in ME2. Her visual design was entirely fanservice even if based on a real person.

I like Yvonne Strahovski as much as any red blooded male with vaguely functioning eyes, but the cat suit and especially the ludicrous posing was just plain embarrassing.

I don't see that as fundamentally different from having Seth Green play himself, for all intents and purposes.  Both are characters aimed primarily at "what we think stereotypical video gamers like" rather than "what makes sense for the setting and story we want to tell." 

(Indeed, I'd argue that the backstory "explaining" Miranda has a hell of a lot more verisimilitude than the backstory "explaining" Joker.) 

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 1

I think they do it on purpose, sometimes. You know, for the lulz. Exhibit #1:

MassEffect22010-01-2922-29-37-06.jpg

INVESTIGATE, dammit!

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Some people take the medium too seriously. I say that one can never have enough **** and ass.

• Like 3

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Some people take the medium too seriously. I say that one can never have enough **** and ass.

This is the best use of the Forum auto-censor I've seen.  We can all entertain our own theories as to what particular vulgar word Drowsy can't get enough of!

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 7

Yes, we take harmless concepts like sexism in media too seriously.

**** you.

Guess that one

:biggrin:

I'm pretty sure that if it is censored, that means they don't want that stuff on their forums.

Especially towards other users.