Dragon Age: Inquisition

Gorth

Looks pretty, but will I have to upgrade to be able to run it?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Looks better than Witcher 3.

I don't know about that, can we not say both games look equally entertaining?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

what da2 did well, it did excellent. the problems we had with da2 were mostly due to obvious cost and time-saving measures-- recycled maps being only the most obvious such shortcut. we were particular cheesed with bio 'cause we had been vocal in our protests Before release o' da2. based on some pre-release nonsense, it were obvious to us that shortcuts were being taken to gets da2 out the door quick. we was assured that we were wrong by a certain biowarian who shall/should remain nameless,

*snort*

complete credibility loss for ___________. 

as we ain't been following da:i all that close, we can't makes any educated predictions 'bout the game. that being said, from the little we has read and seen, it would appear that bio/ea learned their lesson(s) from da2 regarding shortcuts in development. IF bio/ea is going all cheapskate, at least this time the cost and time saving efforts ain't obvious and vulgar. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Hopefully there's a little more life, colour and interactivity in those envirnments than in the dull, grey, empty and unchanging Kirkwall. I certainly hope we cannot run through npc's as well, one finds that modern trend enormously off putting.

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Hm, about the same in my eyes, but I'll admit to not being the best judge of that kind of thing.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hopefully there's a little more life, colour and interactivity in those envirnments than in the dull, grey, empty and unchanging Kirkwall. I certainly hope we cannot run through npc's as well, one finds that modern trend enormously off putting.

What if your character was a ghost in the game, how would you feel than about running through NPC's :aiee:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

What if your character was a ghost in the game, how would you feel than about running through NPC's :aiee:

Fine.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

it's always odd when we hear folks thinks something is important that we relegate to "inconsequential" category. is kinda refreshing actually. the thing is, we prefers the run-through npc issue to ubiquitous (if infrequent) problem that arose before such npcs became norm: horatius cocles at the bridge. at least a couple times per game, some npc or mob corpse or somesuch similar "entity," would occupy a doorway or map bottleneck o' some kind. result were that we woulds need have to reload and redo some portion o' game 'cause o' stupid blocked path. *shrug*  no doubt there is any number o' solutions to npc doors, but if walk-thru npcs is a simple expedient, we don't mind one bit. not bothers us regardless.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Looks worse to me than Witcher 3.

Witcher 3 insists on applying some sort of sharpness filter in everything I've seen. It'd look better without it.

In any case they both look like graphics won't be a problem, the question will be how both handle the practicalities of the more open (or 'open', at least) world approach rather than just pixel pushing.

God Frostbite 3 can render wet waterfalls, individually-swaying trees with fluffy foliage, true-to-life light rays through smoke particles, glint off of stonework ... unreal. Wait, not Unreal. Can't imagine the urban high-rise setting in Mirror's Edge 2 with this engine, dudeohmygod.  

All Stop. On Screen.

uh oh  :ninja: didn't want to step on anyone's toes  :unsure:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I'm sorry. Everytime alanshu posts, DAI gets 2.438 bugs.

I had a sig on the BSN. It read "For every copy of DA2 that you don't buy, I'm buying seven".

You have no idea how many people not only too that seriousy, but PM'd me about it.

• Like 1

The two games look close enough that I doubt I'll be able to see a practical difference between the two, certainly with my rig. The difference being, of course, that I know I'll be able to run DAI, but I'm not sure about twitcher3, yet.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The only bit I didn't like was the masked ball, which harks back to that whole DA:O Ren Fayre style. The environments were really tight, though, I liked them. A minor point - the seawater didn't look quite right lapping on the shore (a bit powdery) but the overall vibe is good. I watched it in 1080 HD.

Ah, and as usual the music was good. I think the DA:O score was underrated.

• Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

That trailer does look quite pretty.  Not that it's a surprise, as we already know Frostbite is a very capable engine, but BioWare certainly seem to be making good use of it in the environmental flyover trailer we got.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks