Armour & weapon designs (part V).

Previous parts :

1) http://forums.obsidi...designs-a-plea/

2) http://forums.obsidi...a-plea-part-ii/

3) http://forums.obsidi...-plea-part-iii/

4) http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/64003-armour-weapon-designs-a-plea-part-iv/

I also propose a name change to simply : Armour & weapon designs (part V). Would suit it more now!

Edited by Karranthain

I've been watching a bit the previous thread, and I see a lot of REAL european-ish medieval armor...and since this is a fantasy rpg game, maybe armor could also be more imaginative...(I really hate those japanese rpg full with colourful and with unefficient look). and since this is a multi-racial game I would like to see some distinctive armour and weapons...when I think about some creative armors morrowind comes to my mind...also I would like to see more tribal looking gear and a Full Samurai armor :)

nomad_warrior_by_n_deed-d4s01pb.jpg2vtp8nt.jpgashlander_nomad_by_swietopelk-d6mpg04.jpelven_swordsinger_armor__10th_anniversar

• Like 3

Spanish Conquistador.

117f58b1d0f25e0b2515e1bd0d7968ca.jpg

Desiderius Helmschmid, Helmet of Emperor Charles V, c.1540, Patrimonio Nacional, Real Armería, Madrid
Armor-2-1-295x300.jpg
Love the design of this helmet, although it seems like you would have a hard time to see anything. Think it's Russian.
russianhelm404_hi.jpg
Byzantian armor.
SYRACIAN_hi.JPG
Swedish royal armor.
erik-XIV-armour.jpg
Helmet of Gustav Vasa 1496-1560
gustav-vasa-crowned-helmet.jpg

• Like 9

I wonder what beautiful bows exist.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

As far as MMOs go, Warhammer: Online definitely had some of the most practical armor/equipment designs. And that's in a genre of games in which the design of equipment has the most incentive to merely convey "epicness" and make the character feel special while ignoring any and all practicality of design. 8P

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

As far as MMOs go, Warhammer: Online definitely had some of the most practical armor/equipment designs. And that's in a genre of games in which the design of equipment has the most incentive to merely convey "epicness" and make the character feel special while ignoring any and all practicality of design. 8P

Indeed, even though some designs veered into the "epic" direction, they still were rather tame, compared to the industry standard (and, at the same time quite clearly inspired by historical suits of armour):

kotbs-front.jpg

And here's another cool concept art from it:

v86XJXR.jpg

• Like 3

Hungarian zischagge from the 1560's

Hungarian_zischagge_1562.jpg

Its is an Ottoman "Chichak" helmet

ZIschagges were adopted by Hungarians (and Poles) due to the fact that they fought against the Ottoman Turks. The patern on this example looks islamic, though.

Edited by quest1on

What is it about capes that make capes so awesome?

... I dunno. There's just something about the way they jut out into the ocean and are sometimes treacherous to sail around...

Ohhhhhh, caaaaapes. Right... o_o

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u