Ukraine burns

Tagaziel

Very interesting article, looking forward to the continuation of it.

My dear colleague, look how well trained the people who operated in Kiev were. As we all know they were trained at special bases in neighbouring states: in Lithuania, Poland and in Ukraine itself too. They were trained by instructors for extended periods. They were divided into dozens and hundreds, their actions were coordinated, they had good communication systems. It was all like clockwork. Did you see them in action? They looked very professional, like special forces. Why do you think those in Crimea should be any worse?

What do you find funny there, it is obvious that the protestors in Kiev were trained and it's not hard to point a finger at who trained them. So why shouldn't the Russians do the same.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

I feel exhausted about talking someone who support Russian invasion into Ukraine. And Sarex I dont know if you doing it on purpose but you only pick few parts of my posts and seems like ignore rest eg. context.

so facts

1. Ukraine is sovereign country (in time of chaos)

2. Ukraine got 3rd biggest nuclear arsenal before treaty with Russia which Russia just breaks

3. Huge number of people were deported to Gulags where they DIED and russians moved in to Russificate Crimeria

4. There are gas pipes over Ukraine which cost Russia big pile of money

5. Russia have to pay for their sea base big buck to Ukraine so they are still major power in black and middleterean sea

6. Police was killing protesters who where freezing all winter on square (note I agree that there may be provocaters on both sides)

7. Ukraine may end up as part of EU (even I doubt it now)

8. Putin is selfcentric KGB madman who still glorify Soviet Union as best years for Russia - he sad that breakup of union was biggest mistake of this century

9. Russians soldiers are running invasion without IDs on their uniforms

fact you proven

1. there are russians in Ukraine

2. There are some right sector running around during time of chaos in Ukraine (doubt there are not any nacionalist russians)

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Very interesting article, looking forward to the continuation of it.

My dear colleague, look how well trained the people who operated in Kiev were. As we all know they were trained at special bases in neighbouring states: in Lithuania, Poland and in Ukraine itself too. They were trained by instructors for extended periods. They were divided into dozens and hundreds, their actions were coordinated, they had good communication systems. It was all like clockwork. Did you see them in action? They looked very professional, like special forces. Why do you think those in Crimea should be any worse?

What do you find funny there, it is obvious that the protestors in Kiev were trained and it's not hard to point a finger at who trained them. So why shouldn't the Russians do the same.

Or just Crimeans hire some private army for protection in landsknecht style.  But paranoidal West want scary Russian invasion. These pic show Russian soldiers really looks like (they are sleep, photo from military exercise week ago). Booo!

2847529.jpg

I feel exhausted about talking someone who support Russian invasion into Ukraine. And Sarex I dont know if you doing it on purpose but you only pick few parts of my posts and seems like ignore rest eg. context.

so facts

1. Ukraine is sovereign country (in time of chaos)

2. Ukraine got 3rd biggest nuclear arsenal before treaty with Russia which Russia just breaks

3. Huge number of people were deported to Gulags where they DIED and russians moved in to Russificate Crimeria

4. There are gas pipes over Ukraine which cost Russia big pile of money

5. Russia have to pay for their sea base big buck to Ukraine so they are still major power in black and middleterean sea

6. Police was killing protesters who where freezing all winter on square (note I agree that there may be provocaters on both sides)

7. Ukraine may end up as part of EU (even I doubt it now)

8. Putin is selfcentric KGB madman who still glorify Soviet Union as best years for Russia - he sad that breakup of union was biggest mistake of this century

9. Russians soldiers are running invasion without IDs on their uniforms

fact you proven

1. there are russians in Ukraine

2. There are some right sector running around during time of chaos in Ukraine (doubt there are not any nacionalist russians)

Derp!

1. Because revolution (Maidan) old Ukraine die. New state yet not formed, just chaos (Russian Empire <> USSR).

2. We (and US) not ratified this treaty, its just paper. Anyway its treaty with non existed today old Ukrainian state.

3. Derrp again. Crimea and East Ukraine never inhabitted by Ukrainians, this lands settled by Russians in XVI century.

4. Ok

5. Black and Mediterranian sea is not important.

6. Third side killing protesters and police

7. No, EU not needed yet another Greece

8. Putin is businessman, true capitalist  and political genious.

9. Only in your wet fantsies.

Did I missed it but it seems Putin's little  invasion is highly unpopular in Russia according to Putin's own pollsters. LMAO

http://wciom.ru/index.php?id=459&uid=114720

Need a Russian to translate if possible to confirm if this yahoo article is telling the truthz of poll: http://ca.news.yahoo.com/4-reasons-putin-already-losing-ukraine-211452971.html?vp=1

Interesting if true.  It seems according to Putin who claims to protect Russians.. Russians don't want to protect their fellow 'Russians'. Hmm.

If the article lies, for shame.

"I am starting to get confused. Where's the invasion?"\

Foreign forces enter another country unilaterally. That is the very defintiion of an invasion.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

And now, they decide to test an ICBM, hah.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Did I missed it but it seems Putin's little  invasion is highly unpopular in Russia according to Putin's own pollsters. LMAO

Russian stocks started falling down and the ruble hit an all time low. People will be pissed off. Putin's increasingly off his rocker.

Estonia and Latvia, historically independent nations? Surely you are joking. I don't question their independence, but throughout history they have sadly almost constantly been a part of one empire or another.

And, of course, no mention of Lithuania. Probably because last time it was independent it was 'invited' but declined to join Poland followed by, wait for it, a 'spontaneous' invasion to snatch areas with a large Polish minority, to, oh the irony "defend the rights of self determination of local Poles and against international agreements". Plus ça change...

And there is 60% of population russian in Ukraine? No only in one part, its like part of Paris become independed because there is African mayority in that PART

Crimea is a distinct and integral region geographically, any glance at a map can confirm that. A Paris suburb is not.

Using that argument only ~5% of the population of the British Isles is Irish. As such, Britain should still rule Ireland as there is only a local majority of Irish in one particular region. Same for Scotland, only with double the percentage.

A concern I have is the treaty that was basically "Give us all your nukes and we'll help protect you" which if no one does, turns into "haha I bet you still wish you had that nuclear arsenal as some sort of deterrence!

Harper wishes he could do that.  Well...nearly can anyway.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

A concern I have is the treaty that was basically "Give us all your nukes and we'll help protect you" which if no one does, turns into "haha I bet you still wish you had that nuclear arsenal as some sort of deterrence!

I think Obama threatened to unfriend Putin on Facebook, this is something right?

That 'protect you' part was just for the sake of courtesy.

No sane superpower would  trust Ukraine with nuclear arsenal and especially not at the time.

There was never any way for them to hold on to it.

Typical propaganda about KGB under bed. Pro-West supporters is democratic citiezens while counterpart's supporters are reptiloids enemy agents (all 20 000).

Because.. you say so? oby, I find your avatar so apt, considering that during the course of this thread you have been doing everything to delegitimize the Ukrainian anti corruption protest. iirc so far you tried to paint them as nothing but nazis, terrorist, nationalist, us/west drones etc etc. For all intent and purposes you are a Russian propaganda tool.

While I usually take everything with a grain of salt especially in times like this with fast evolving conflict on our hands, I am also familiar with the idea of blitzkrieg and disinformation campaigns, and so far Russia has completely drained my good faith resrves. Bottom line they Russia has been steering the pot from the start (even before euromaiden), Russia is violating Ukrainian Sovereignty and their promises, Russia don't give a F*** about solving this solution, they want to secure a forward base by use of force if necessary. Also I love the "spontaneous" out breaks of support; and division of outfitted men who knew where, how and when to take strategic objectives with precision, take communication lines etc..

Overall Putin wins the spin doctor of the year award.. he can also win the best actor award considering how he describe the unfounded everyone's sentiments toward Russian actions with a plain face..

Also while I usually HATE the use of emotional images especially those that involve kids, that try to sway the discussion from logic, in this case i'll just repost this for you:

6jfr60.jpg

No, the fundamental difference is that Putin is reacting to the fascist putsch in Ukraine and, until proven otherwise, he has no ambitions of annexing parts of Ukraine or other ex-Soviet republics to restore an anachronistic sense of national or ethnic pride.

Of course! please allow me to correct my previous statement by adding propaganda to the list of similarities to your comparison to Munich Agreement, on top of Putin's Authoritarian rule, his foreign policy and irredentism under pretext of protecting Russians ... Edited by Mor

The ICBM test launch was apparently known and planned well beforehand. US and Russian stories corroborate each other on this regard and I'm inclined to think it wasn't just Russia going trollface on everyone.

US will not attend G8 summit in Sochi unless Russia withdraws

Well obviously, so, just had to chuckle at them going ahead with it - caused quite a stir on the reddit thread I was reading.

No, the fundamental difference is that Putin is reacting to the fascist putsch in Ukraine and, until proven otherwise, he has no ambitions of annexing parts of Ukraine or other ex-Soviet republics to restore an anachronistic sense of national or ethnic pride.

Of course! please allow me to correct my previous statement by adding propaganda to the list of similarities to your comparison to Munich Agreement, on top of Putin's Authoritarian rule, his foreign policy and irredentism under pretext of protecting Russians ...

Of course! Anything that isn't on Wikipedia or otherwise doesn't agree with your views is "propaganda"! Even if it is in a Wikipedia citation! And of course, the first "I'm Feeling Lucky" Google results that you copypaste without even fully reading are to be considered pearls of wisdom so clear that they would leave the ****ing Dalai Lama gaping vapidly!

But of course!

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

are you sure you want to get on that high horse over calling Euromaiden demonstrations "fascist putsch in Ukraine"... maybe you should pick better Wikipedia citations...

Edited by Mor

So you don't think that "Euromaiden demonstrations" were "fascist putsch in Ukraine"? if so please enlighten me where exactly it became a fascist putsch ( I hope it is not yet again the demagoguery over language :rolleyes: )

Edited by Mor

I won't dispute that the situation is a lot murkier with the way the current interim government came to be and the fact that some won't agree with how it came to power and whether or not it is legitimate.

To be honest I hadn't really been following this too closely until troops got involved, so I'd have to look more into the removal of the government before I could say I (dis)agree with referring to it as a fascist putsch.

The ICBM test launch was apparently known and planned well beforehand. US and Russian stories corroborate each other on this regard and I'm inclined to think it wasn't just Russia going trollface on everyone.

US will not attend G8 summit in Sochi unless Russia withdraws

So I heard, but wouldn't the smart thing be to refrain from doing the test while still in a crisis that risks spinning even more out of control?

image-163149-full.jpg