what is your worst rpg game ever played?

darthdraken

I don't remember why, but I really, really hated Arcanum. I know a lot of people here loved it so I wish I could remember why, but it's been so long that I really don't know. I seriously barely remember playing it, other than a feeling of dislike and a vague memory of a dapper looking half-ogre.

Wait, does Silver count as an RPG?

Edited by TrueNeutral

Arcanum.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Since the OP cheated and named more than one, I'll go ahead and name five. Oblivion, Mass Effect 3, Baldur's Gate 1, Fallout 3, Ultima 9. The only one I feel I'm being harsh on is BG, which I only got around to trying after all the IE games bar IWD2, and therefore was obsolete at the time. The others I just consider flat out bad games.

I came to RPGs late, but if I had arrived earlier I expect I would have hated a lot of the hack-and-slash dungeon romps that passed as an RPG in the late 80s / early 90s.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Moved to the appropriate forum.

My worst role-playing game game I've ever played is perhaps Suikoden 1 or maybe Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I don't remember why, but I really, really hated Arcanum. I know a lot of people here loved it so I wish I could remember why, but it's been so long that I really don't know. I seriously barely remember playing it, other than a feeling of dislike and a vague memory of a dapper looking half-ogre.

Silver? You mean "Europe's answer to Final Fantasy VII"??

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Offhand, I think mine is the SNES version of the Interplay Lord of the Rings Vol 1 game. I couldn't get into it at all.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Legend of Dragoon. It had one character I liked, and killed him like 6 hours in in order to replace him with someone who was identical gameplay wise, but just awful story wise.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I liked Silver... what was wrong with it.

I would say; Oblivion. But I probably have worse RPG's locked out of my mind. Now if only I could forget that sorry excuse of a sequel to Morrowind...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Silver? You mean "Europe's answer to Final Fantasy VII"??

Bingo. Bad Final Fantasy derivative, and I already dislike Final Fantasy so that's saying something. Whoever thought it was a good idea to use pie menu's for real time combat?

NeverWorkin'Right

...toolset aside; terrible, terrible, terrible game...if it wasna fer Hordes of the UnderDark, whole damnable thing woulda been a complete waste o' time & money... :x

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

Edited by Sargallath Abraxium
  • Like 1

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Too Human was awful and I remember it having progression and loot systems. I don't know if it counts as an RPG, though.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'd have to say Planescape: Torment. It wasn't utterly horrible and I did give it a fair try out at least three times, but it just never worked for me.

I don't buy games that receive poor reviews, so there's undoubtedly worse out there. Yes I have played DA2.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I don't consider stuff like Diablo/Titan Quest etc. "rpg's"...to me they're a different genre (arpg's), one that I rather like to boot, and I judge them differently. eg, I don't judge them for roleplaying/plot, just action and loot, haha.

So for me, worst rpg that I've personally played, then?

Ultima 9. At the time, there was one thing I liked about it - the 3d graphics (oooo, neato!) and the cheat code that let me fly around in the air in a really funny manner. I zoomed around like that, giggling, quite a bit. Outside of that, it was terrible. Altho to be honest, I only got about half way through it I think.

• Like 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Dragon Age 2 is probably not the worst RPG I have played, but it was the most bitter disappointment.  That game was akin to BioWare walking up to me, kicking me in the family jewels, then spitting on me as I writhe on the ground.

• Like 6

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Oh adding TrueNeutral on my "hate" list for the Silver. :o

Anyway Daggerfall for me. And because of it i never played any ES game again and i never will.  Guess that goes for  fps Fallouts too.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Terrible games can still be fun.

Arrpeegees I started but never finished:

Loki Heroes of Mythology: boring Titan Quest clone

Titan Quest: most boring action arrpeegee of all time

Soulbringer: interesting game, but unplayable due to bad controls/camera and horrible graphics

Arx Fatalis: literally crashed every five minutes

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Might & Magic 9

Or perhaps one of the early 3D RPGs like Menzoberranzan

I've played some other rather bad ones (my uncles & grandfather like to cruise the bargain bin at Babbages back in the early-90s), but I can't recall the names. 

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 1

Lionheart - I've tried to get into it a few times and it always sucks too much.  The setting is awesome, it bums me out.

Neverwinter Nights - The OC was painful for me.  Thankfully the expansions and all the user stuff made it well worth the purchase.

Honestly I rarely play games that are bad for long.  How do you include the Fable collection, does that mean you played them all?  That sounds insane, you probably should have gotten the hint from the first game.

I would have had Dragon Age 2 on the list, but last year I sat down and made it past the first act, and it got better.

• Like 1