Winterwind closed...maybe?

Sargallath Abraxium

...so jus' in case any o' the ol' timers still visits or cares, looks like Josan be closin' Winterwind Productions after 10 years...had a bit o' a row wit' a couple o' his contributors, posted he be done, an' locked the Forums up...here be the link:

http://www.winterwind-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6299

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Like 1

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

That's too bad.

One hell of an avatar you have on that forum. :thumbsup:

...think I's'd git away wit' it 'ere??...hehehe... :p

• Like 1

...crisis averted; Josan opened Winterwind Productions back up... ;)

• Like 1

Second home on the internet for some of us. A place where we can be as politically incorrect as we like when expressing how we *really* feel about some things ;)

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

^ I thought that was the Codex or Missy's forum after BIS closed. Also never heard of Winterwind.

I have to be honest, I've also never heard of it ?

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Missy's was a little more strict in the enforcement of "da rules" (as few as there were) so...more Codexian free for all then?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

To be honest, mostly a ghost town these days, so not much to enforce. More an outlet for people who likes to write short novellas, artsy stuff like paint or photography etc. and looking for a place to get their stuff put up on the net in an 'e-zine' format.

The forums are just a handful of diehards, discussing the pointlessness of existence (and Ice hockey, which really doesn't interest me).

There used to be a lot more people after Interplay closed the forums, but a decade of entropy has left its mark.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I do remember when Interplay closed the forums, people were going to other forums. I did go to Missy's forum for a while before coming over to Obsidian. The Ye Olde Political forums on Missy's Lair wasn't the same as BIS. It was probably a good thing. Maybe I did know Winterwind but decided to defer signing up and now have simply forgotten. 

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

I was a late comer to "forums". Never got registered on the Interplay forums (despite lurking for 6 months after finding them). I was mostly a usenet user at the time. When Interplay showed definite signs of going belly up, I didn't bother registering. When Obsidian opened their forums, I was a bit apprehensive, but decided what the heck and registered about two weeks or so after they opened (giving me this funny member number I got) and then went to Winterwind and a place called 'Ashford City' where another handful of the Interplay regulars had gone. In the end, I stuck with Obsidian and WW :)

Fun trivia: No less that 4 past and present Obsidian moderators hail from there, Phosphor, Eldar, AngryKidJoe and yours truly ;)

...Gorth's got 'er pretty much spot on...after the Isle sunk, Winterwind's forums used ta 'ave quite a few ol' Islanders hangin' about here & there; kinda an alternative ta Missy's, so ta speak...still pop by once in a blue moon ta see what's up wit' Josan an' the other couple o' ol' diehards that still post e'ery now & then... ;)