Pictures of your games Part 4

LadyCrimson

Whoa, where am I?

60sSoMp.jpg

Yeah, let's not make a goblin of myself...

j4UqaR8.jpg

Because I really don't think this would be a good look for me:

1HAWpov.jpg

(awesome detail: as an attack animation the goblins take the fish out of their mouths and wack you with it)

Companions have an affection system? Morrigan probably disapproves...

JGYUtig.jpg

And with some of the questions I ask, even my character facepalms...

JzF2Wo5.jpg

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Hey, it actually looks good now. Why was the graphics-engine degraded in the PC version to begin with?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Aliens.

Well, in the absence of any official explanation, one conspiracy theory is as good as another. But in the PC industry alone we've seen purposeful sabotage of game features at the behest of certain hardware companies in order to make their competitors look bad. (For example, the lockout of anti-aliasing in Arkham Asylum if an AMD card is detected, or the invisible tessellation in Crysis 2) I wouldn't be surprised if this 'equalisation measure' had similar motives. Not sure which party would be the primary driver though, Ubi for fear of cannibalisation of the console version sales, or the console vendors to spare embarrassment.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Well, in the absence of any official explanation, one conspiracy theory is as good as another. But in the PC industry alone we've seen purposeful sabotage of game features at the behest of certain hardware companies in order to make their competitors look bad. (For example, the lockout of anti-aliasing in Arkham Asylum if an AMD card is detected, or the invisible tessellation in Crysis 2) I wouldn't be surprised if this 'equalisation measure' had similar motives. Not sure which party would be the primary driver though, Ubi for fear of cannibalisation of the console version sales, or the console vendors to spare embarrassment.

The silliest part of that conspiracy theory is that, in theory, Ubi stands to make more money off each PC copy sold than console copies sold, because they don't have to fork over the licensing fee.  I'm not saying that conspiracy theory is definitely wrong, though.

My own theory is less conspiracy and more incompetence/rushing out the door.  I'm guessing what happened is that when they first released the video at E3 Ubi really wanted to make the game look like that, but the hardware wasn't completely finalized for the PS4 and XBone at that time.  Then when they got to work with the finalized hardware, they realized that the miraculous new systems from Sony and Microsoft couldn't handle all the extra shiny, so they swept some of the extra shiny under the carpet and worked on a gimped version as a base across PS4, XBone, and PC, plus working off a lesser base likely made it easier to do the PS3 and 360 versions, though those still turned out like garbage, from what I read.  Then they spent most of their time up to release trying their best to get stable framerates on the PS4 and XBone, and trying to fix the dog**** framerates on the PS3 and 360, and either ran out of time to reimplement the stuff they swept under the carpet for PC (which would also explain why the PC version is so poorly optimized, they ran out of time to do that too), or they just flat out forgot about it.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The silliest part of that conspiracy theory is that, in theory, Ubi stands to make more money off each PC copy sold than console copies sold, because they don't have to fork over the licensing fee.  I'm not saying that conspiracy theory is definitely wrong, though.

Possible that they're factoring the greater likelihood of piracy on the PC I suppose. i.e. someone choosing to pirate a PC version over buying a console version if the console version has no advantages.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Possible that they're factoring the greater likelihood of piracy on the PC I suppose. i.e. someone choosing to pirate a PC version over buying a console version if the console version has no advantages.

I guess.  I figure if someone is going to pirate the PC version they're going to do it regardless, advantages or not.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Joined the Rat King covenent. Waiting for some intruders in my house of pain...

2014-06-21_00003l8k97.jpg

2014-06-21_00001amjh2.jpg

Oh, here you are...

2014-06-21_00004ybk86.jpg

Just play with my minions.

2014-06-21_00005o1kq8.jpg

Because your death comes from behind and is inevitable... :p

2014-06-21_000066wko7.jpg

• Like 1

rpvHRcp.jpg

AjDvVr8.jpg

L5BlaFy.jpg

MaH6a8e.jpg

I should probably mess with the ini files to see if I can push the draw distance a bit further than the standard menu lets me.  I'm sure my card could handle drawing prettier mountains and trees to a further distance.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Watch Dogs with that new graphics unlocker, makes the game look like the original E3 2012 tech demo

It looks the same as base game except everything is really blurry and bloomy. PC gamers show yet again how utterly moronic they are. All it takes is making the character shortsighted and hey, it's nextgen now! It was a conspiracy too!

Watch Dogs with that new graphics unlocker, makes the game look like the original E3 2012 tech demo

It looks the same as base game except everything is really blurry and bloomy. PC gamers show yet again how utterly moronic they are. All it takes is making the character shortsighted and hey, it's nextgen now! It was a conspiracy too!

In my mod, the bokeh blur is actually dynamic, and focuses near or far depending on what's on what's in your crosshairs, like a real video camera bro. I also have Watch Dogs on Xbone, and this looks way better. I also use Sweetfx on the pc Watch Dogs, which sharpens the edges and color