Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Update #72: Death Godlike and Expected Ship Date

Art Creatures Areas Concept Art Druid Godlike Ondras Gift

• Please log in to reply
253 replies to this topic

Quadrone

Quadrone

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 362 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

A questions regarding the Death Godlikes:

Are those masks/helmets they are wearing or are those really natural growths i.e. the "horns" that were mentioned?

If so, how will some of these wear helmets? Do they have some special kind of sight so they can see without eyeslits?

Elerond

Elerond

One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2649 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Is it me or those "Cat form" look almost exacly like "wolf form" ?

Might be just you. Wolves don't have a distinct mane, or a "fat" muzzle/head like that, or a long, lion-like tail like that. Etc.

*Shrug*

Mayby so, but at least i think that their jaw is a little bit to long ... but mayby it's becouse of angle ...

To me it look very lion like, maybe bit more square, but that is probably result from low polygon count.

MasterPrudent

MasterPrudent

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

No more stretchgoals what a shame...

So whats the differencw between godlike and death godlike?

If i compare the cat form concept and 3d model i think the tail in the 3d model is a bit lacking.

Death Godlike is a subtype of Godlike. The Godlike are blessed by a particular god. If you get blessed by a nature god you get doe ears and flowers and whatnot. If you're blessed by the PoE equivelant of Hel or Hades you get a creepy chitin helmet and tendrils of black stuff whisping around. Presumably there's more to it than that but this: http://eternity.gamepedia.com/Godlike is all we know so far.

(btw to anser my own question it looks like some godlike won't be able to wear helmets as per this post: http://forums.obsidi...3#entry1310846)

• IndiraLightfoot and Cubiq like this

fverret

fverret

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Very good-looking interiors. One detail, though: wouldn't the blacksmith want some water and/or some oil to dip the metal into?

• mudd1 likes this

Quadrone

Quadrone

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 362 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

(btw to anser my own question it looks like some godlike won't be able to wear helmets as per this post: http://forums.obsidi...3#entry1310846)

Huh, in that case choosing a Godlike as your race should bring quite a bit of extra power/abilities I'd guess.

After all, missing out on one equipment slot is potentially a big drawback once magic items become more powerful.

• aluminiumtrioxid likes this

Lephys

Lephys

Punsmith of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7245 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Godlikes' weakness is that they can't wear helmets.

Let's hope their god "blessed" them with some extra Sword-to-the-Face Resistance, then, eh? 8)
  • Suen and MasterPrudent like this

silvercross

silvercross

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

So is the Winter 2014 a hard deadline or a flexible one?

Bryy

Bryy

Arch-Mage

• Members.
  • 2748 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Is it just me or does anyone else think the delay is more of a general thing and less of a backer thing?

Ulquiorra

Ulquiorra

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 488 posts

Whait so i be able to play one of this dudes ?

shinigami_zarame_by_pinlin-d5thfqm.jpg

Pillar of Eternity is starting to risemble Bleach more and more ...

Who cares about romances if i can be one of this guys ..buahahahaha ... grim reaper falls ..asleep...

Lucas

Lucas

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Ondra's Gift screenshot looks amazing! Nice to hear about the new release date: don't rush, I feel you might just release your best game to date, Obsidian :)

• rjshae likes this

ItinerantNomad

ItinerantNomad

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Love the wizard's tower and blacksmithshop. Need more info about the godlikes - I'm liking the general idea, but I hope that the lore has a strong explanation for them and their ability to live in this world.

As for the cat druid WIP - love the concept sketch, hate the implementation.

1- Too much red and brightness in the 3d model, the concept sketch sort of seems covered in shadow which gives it a sort of eerie feeling that the 3d model lacks.

2- the texture used for the cat druid isn't good - it should match the concept more as that seems more "natural" than "military cameo"

3- The head is what really throws it off, it doesn't really fit the concept. The ears in the concept start more posteriorly with a shortner neck. the eyes are more deep set and lateral in the concept.

4- the arms and legs are more "dextrous" on the concept art. This is likely a limitation on polygons, but I would imagine you could rework this a little more to fit the concept without adding too many polys.

• aluminiumtrioxid and IndiraLightfoot like this

Elerond

Elerond

One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2649 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

There is no hard deadlines in software development only soft, softer and when it is ready ;)

• lolaldanee and Bryy like this

J.E. Sawyer

J.E. Sawyer

Project Director

• Developers+
  • 2995 posts

Huh, in that case choosing a Godlike as your race should bring quite a bit of extra power/abilities I'd guess.

After all, missing out on one equipment slot is potentially a big drawback once magic items become more powerful.

Each type of godlike has its own passive racial benefit.  Death godlike have an ability called Death's Usher that increases their damage against enemies with a low percentage of remaining Stamina.

• Wombat, Inertia, Suen and 8 others like this

ItinerantNomad

ItinerantNomad

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Josh, how many portraits, druid forms, godlike types, and areas are you expecting in terms of raw numbers at this point? I know this will likely change, but any thoughts on this?

Edited by ItinerantNomad, 11 February 2014 - 04:36 PM.

Bryy

Bryy

Arch-Mage

• Members.
  • 2748 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

There is no hard deadlines in software development only soft, softer and when it is ready ;)

You'd be surprised how many publisher-funded games miss their initial deadline.

Gyges

Gyges

Pit Dweller of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 277 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Looking great, are those helmet-like chitins actually horns? How do they actually see anything?

I don't worry about the extra stretch goals, make great the many you already have and note down things for future expansion packs.

Release is either November or December then. I'm not gonna hold you guys to that though :p .

Edited by Gyges, 11 February 2014 - 04:39 PM.

• ItinerantNomad likes this

iampolo

iampolo

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

So.... winter 2014 would be like christmas?

Greensleeve

Greensleeve

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 416 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Fantastic update. Cannot overstate how pleased I am with what we're being shown, particularly the Godlikes. Though I, too, would like to know if the racial aspect of the Godlike is still there, i. e. will there be Aumaua Godlike as well as Human ones, or if their subtypes are now defined by which god blessed them. 

Endrosz

Endrosz

Silent Prospector of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 487 posts
  • Steam:endrosz
Our next update will be all about Pillars of Eternity lore by Eric Fenstermaker.

Looking forward to it! He's not such a game design luminary (yet!) like <the usual suspects>, but he's done amazing work on MotB, F:NV, etc.

Flow

Flow

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 398 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

So.... winter 2014 would be like christmas?

http://www.talkeasy....als/months.html

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Art, Creatures, Areas, Concept Art, Druid, Godlike, Ondras Gift

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users