Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Update #72: Death Godlike and Expected Ship Date

Art Creatures Areas Concept Art Druid Godlike Ondras Gift

• Please log in to reply
253 replies to this topic

rjshae

rjshae

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4923 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Here's a nice illustration along the same lines as the cat form: the "human Deer".

Bryy

Bryy

Arch-Mage

• Members.
  • 2748 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Since the vast majority supported the stretch goals, I wonder if the points brought up by the minority might have been valid enough to prevent Obsidian from pursuing them.

I'm gonna say it again...

The monetary point.

If these things are stretch goals, then don't they only happen if we as a community pledge enough money? As I understand it money would not be the main issue, because if there is not enough, then those goals won't come to fruition anyways. I think its more a matter of time and being able to assign qualified and experienced developers to complete the stretch goals.

If they don't have the money, they can't assign people to work.

That's how employment works.

Edited by Bryy, 20 February 2014 - 04:16 PM.

martix

martix

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Yay for art updates.

tinderbox

tinderbox

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Pleased with the end-2014 ship date (it'll be summer here tho) -- gives me time to finish my mammoth, neverending BGII EE play-through. I'm really hoping the length is similar too as I'm keen for a new RPG that is meaty and one can engage with for a long time.

(Long-time lurker, first-time poster)

• JFSOCC likes this

Cantousent

Cantousent

Forum Moderator

• Validating
  • 5895 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer

I didn't know where else to ask this and I didn't want to bug Fionavar:  I see that Wasteland is early access on STEAM.  How will we receive our copies of it, for those of us who bought in at that particular tier?  I neither expect nor desire early access.  I'm just curious how it will work.

Lephys

Lephys

Punsmith of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7245 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I didn't know where else to ask this and I didn't want to bug Fionavar:  I see that Wasteland is early access on STEAM.  How will we receive our copies of it, for those of us who bought in at that particular tier?  I neither expect nor desire early access.  I'm just curious how it will work.

There's actually a thread about that from back in mid-December. Hope that helps.
  • Cantousent likes this

Bryy

Bryy

Arch-Mage

• Members.
  • 2748 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Either the thread about WL2 or the WL2 forums.

ma_peche

ma_peche

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

It's very disappointing to get an update e-mail with the subject line, "Expected ship date" and then get something vague like, "Winter 2014." Winter ends in a few days, and the end of 2014 only has 11 days of winter, so I'm guessing that's the time frame, but we already had announcement of expected completion "forth quarter 2014" and "by the end of 2014" so this isn't really news or update worthy (especially as it sounds as tentative as the rest). It would be nice if the update says there's an expected ship date, to provide a date, Winter is not a date (even if you narrow it down to a specific year). </rant>

Other than that, it's looking really good. I really appreciate the detailed updates, I funded the Torment kickstarter, but they've gone to ground and are very sparse with their updates. 

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 8969 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Typically "Winter (year)" means from the start of winter that year, not the end of winter. At least in the US. But would agree that it's not much different than saying "end of 2014" or whatever. :)

Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

Royal Bug Catcher of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 5735 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Well, you know how development is (or if not, read the updates!!!)... so giving a hard date is only shooting themselves in the foot. That's why things like "winter" or "end" are set, to give leniecy...

ItinerantNomad

ItinerantNomad

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
They should have said "Coming Thursday." That way, it could be ANY Thursday.
  • Lephys likes this

kronyth

kronyth

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 12 posts
Do we have a description of Human\Dwarf\Elf races, and what define them or how they are unique. Or shall we assume they will be the classical variants? because with troll it proved not to be the case.

Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Grey Eminence of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

It's so great to see these ingame renders... they remind me so much of the IE games. I can't tell you how great it feels when you know that you're going to get to play something akin to them again, and to know that it's only months away! :)

nonfactor

nonfactor

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

The Death Godlike head in the center looks the best, personal opinion of course, but I'm more curious about the racial traits/stats than the models -- can't wait to get that information!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Art, Creatures, Areas, Concept Art, Druid, Godlike, Ondras Gift

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users