Update #72: Death Godlike and Expected Ship Date

Anyone else went "ENEMIES" when seeing those yellow circles. Odd color, still :biggrin:

The blacksmith has been invaded by invisible-stalkers ... but now they're all in a panic because they keep tripping over the raised stones.

:thumbsup:

Was thinking about adding in slimes, but this saves me the trouble from doing so :)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

:thumbsup:

Was thinking about adding in slimes, but this saves me the trouble from doing so :)

+10 internets if you do it anyway

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

@cornish you do realize that the Adventurers hall will allow you to create any party that you want? If you want a male Aumura barbarian you can make said companion.

As for the Death Godlike I don't see those as helmets or horns, I see them as bony scabs that have grown over the void that exists on the Death Godlike's face, the hole from which all that darkness leaks out. I think if you removed the bony growth all you'd see is darkness tingled with the essence of death leaking out from a hole in thier face.

Yes and it is a feature i was ecstatic about.

It's just that the companions are such a large part of the game and ideally i'd have all my party composed of their people. Thus far, though,  i've only liked a maximum of one, the Orlan Cipher fella. I hated the monk and the wizard completely, couldn't think of anything i want less than a female dwarf (sorry, but i like my dwarf to have a big beard and an even bigger axe and my elves to be female). I found the female priest distinctly unattractive and uninspiring (yes; i want a female character i fancy! It's a bloody fantasy game, of course i want a female that's nice looking!). The black paladin, i fear she's going to be a self righteous moaner like Jaheira was, don't think i want her either (although i'm reserving judgment). I can't use Eder, because he looks just like me and i'll already be in the party, so i can't use him even if i want to. I was banking on those new characters. Plus, obviously, tactically. Now i presumably won't have the option of a fighter or a chanter in my party, at least not without missing out on all the inter action and accompanying quests etc. It's a big loss from my perspective.

Likewise more wilderness areas; once i've seen everywhere, the magic is over for me, it's as simple as that. I always try to keep some unexplored areas for as long as possible as i rarely play on once i've been everywhere on the map.

To actually be offered this stuff for free and have so many of the people actually saying no is just...utterly incomprehensible to me. It reaffirms my complete lack of faith in humanity. I really do feel like i don't belong on this planet most of the time.

Anyway, surely, it has to be a male Aumaua? The world has gone completely mad if there's eight characters and not one male warrior, i truly will despair. I wish they'd hurry up and put me out of my misery!

Maybe they can actually allow people to tie "characters" to their adventure hall.

So if you like the basic 'character A' for it's skillset... just make a new character that suits you need and assign it 'character A' as personality, so you experience all the added effect of a personality on a home-made character.

Of course they should somehow prevent the player having the same character multiple times...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

@cornish you do realize that the Adventurers hall will allow you to create any party that you want? If you want a male Aumura barbarian you can make said companion.

As for the Death Godlike I don't see those as helmets or horns, I see them as bony scabs that have grown over the void that exists on the Death Godlike's face, the hole from which all that darkness leaks out. I think if you removed the bony growth all you'd see is darkness tingled with the essence of death leaking out from a hole in thier face.

It's just that the companions are such a large part of the game and ideally i'd have all my party composed of their people. Thus far, though,  i've only liked a maximum of one, the Orlan Cipher fella. I hated the monk and the wizard completely, couldn't think of anything i want less than a female dwarf (sorry, but i like my dwarf to have a big beard and an even bigger axe and my elves to be female). I found the female priest distinctly unattractive and uninspiring (yes; i want a female character i fancy! It's a bloody fantasy game, of course i want a female that's nice looking!). The black paladin, i fear she's going to be a self righteous moaner like Jaheira was, don't think i want her either (although i'm reserving judgment). I can't use Eder, because he looks just like me and i'll already be in the party, so i can't use him even if i want to. I was banking on those new characters. Plus, obviously, tactically. Now i presumably won't have the option of a fighter or a chanter in my party, at least not without missing out on all the inter action and accompanying quests etc. It's a big loss from my perspective.

Likewise more wilderness areas; once i've seen everywhere, the magic is over for me, it's as simple as that. I always try to keep some unexplored areas for as long as possible as i rarely play on once i've been everywhere on the map.

To actually be offered this stuff for free and have so many of the people actually saying no is just...utterly incomprehensible to me. It reaffirms my complete lack of faith in humanity. I really do feel like i don't belong on this planet most of the time.

Anyway, surely, it has to be a male Aumaua? The world has gone completely mad if there's eight characters and not one male warrior, i truly will despair. I wish they'd hurry up and put me out of my misery!

That is a hell of an assumption effort there

• Like 5

Maybe they can actually allow people to tie "characters" to their adventure hall.

So if you like the basic 'character A' for it's skillset... just make a new character that suits you need and assign it 'character A' as personality, so you experience all the added effect of a personality on a home-made character.

Of course they should somehow prevent the player having the same character multiple times...

or just make something like "Custom made party NPC" on/off. For example, if u meet some writing character that wants to join your party u have an option to customize him a bit - he still will be level 7 Rogue, but u can level his stats and perks as u want.

you can't do that. what if you create a male godlike warrior and obsidian's character keep on harping about how SHE's the best priest and most beautiful priest that ever graced the human lands.

• Like 1

Well, obviously you can't pick females for males or vice-versa 0_o

And for the rest... if you make your priest a rogue, well, that's what you've made it to be. A rogue priest ;)

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I don't know if it would be hugely costly to make the floor pattern for the blacksmith (and I assume other locations) less repetitive. Also, those stones look like a real tripping hazard.

Anyone else went "ENEMIES" when seeing those yellow circles. Odd color, still :biggrin:

Hehe, I made them red at first but that didn't stand out enough so I switched to yellow. Didn't want to panic anyone ;)

They'll probably make the floor patterns more distinct when they do the 2d touchups.

Oh sorry, I thought this was already after the final pass. If this is what comes out of the rendering stage then the final result will be amazing.

1) Those areas were not going to be free? As stated by numerous people in the thread (plus Obsidian) those would be new stretch goals. Or do you consider the entire game free?

2) Your entire post reeks of sexism and taking a video game way, way, way too seriously. Calm down.

• Like 3

I am not really fan of godlike. Death aspected ones look alien, no eyes...psychological wise, it instinctivly makes humans uncomfortable...maybe that was intended, good one for that. I just wonder why death always has to have such bad, dreaded stigma. Okej for mortals, evryone fears "end", transition or whatever. But maybe aspect of death is not gloom on it plane of exsistance, only for mortals. I dont know...death is gloomy again.Than there is that satyr, horny thingie with flowers in head. Damn nature hipsters! 

I hoped god like visually had more subtle features, butmore  like their aura, soul or whatever like that, would be some sort of give away. Something that would be experienced through dialog.

Interior looks amazing as always.(would like that one oval room for my wiz tower topfloor) Druid werecat thingie is pretty, maybe bigger feet imo. Yeah, shaping up nice. You go guys-one love.

magic021.jpg

Awesome art :)

I wish people wouldn't use ship dates like "Winter 2014", the seasons are different in other parts of the world so dates like that mean nothing to those outside of America (well we can work it out but it's still anoying).

I believe this is a perfectly valid concern. When I saw "Winter 2014" my initial reaction was "what a couple of weeks?" - that's when winter is here in Turkey: Dec - Feb. So California has it's winter in Oct - March?

So California has it's winter in Oct - March?

Technically the first day of winter in the US is ... uh ... something like Dec. 22 IIRC. But most people probably think of Winter as starting around the Thanksgiving holidays (end of Nov.).
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I can't use Eder, because he looks just like me and i'll already be in the party, so i can't use him even if i want to.

You could just drop an alternate Eder portrait into the override folder and use him with a different face (the 3D models won't be detailed enough to show it up).  You could then use Eder's portriat for your PC.

(I'd be surprised to the point of ' :blink: ' if there were no override folder that allowed this kind of thing)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

I can't use Eder, because he looks just like me and i'll already be in the party, so i can't use him even if i want to.

You could just drop an alternate Eder portrait into the override folder and use him with a different face (the 3D models won't be detailed enough to show it up).  You could then use Eder's portriat for your PC.

(I'd be surprised to the point of ' :blink: ' if there were no override folder that allowed this kind of thing)

Great, that'd do it...

2) Your entire post reeks of sexism and taking a video game way, way, way too seriously. Calm down.

Finally, someone else said it.

If by sexist you mean i wouldn't want only girls and bald old people next to me if i was fighting huge beasts, you are absolutely correct. I'm obviously a really bad, evil person then. Shock, horror, somebody thinks men are occasionally larger and tougher than women typically!!! Call the police, phone the newspapers, what an outrage!!! Burn him at the stake!!!

You are simply a sheep. Try thinking for yourself one day. And try being honest for a change. Don't let the media and the politicians tell you what you can think. Let's get the lie detectors out and ask do you really think there is no difference in strength and aggression levels between an average man and an average women? Only one truthful answer there, so you're either sexist or a liar. Undoubtedly both, like everybody else. And do you really think video game sales are evenly split 50% to males, 50% to females? Yeah, right, i believe you lol You've been listening to too many bloody politicians mate. I don't feel i'm being particularly out of order by wanting one, just a single solitary one, large, scary, grizzled buggur in my party. Only in 2014 do i get insulted by random fascists who know nothing about me because of a simple wish to have just a single, solitary tough fighter. I suppose i must be racist as well? Hell, i'd better tell my wife and daughter i don't like them any more.

Have you ever actually met any women? I'm assuming not. Let me tell you straight off, they generally don't like fighting monsters with swords. Fact.

Ps And to the accusation of taking this all too seriously, i'll grudgingly apologise for that i suppose. It was meant to be kind of light hearted actually, not to be taken too seriously at all. Upon reading it back, it sounds worse than it was supposed to. That's just, i guess, written words lack emphasis and inflection, so they can be easily taken the wrong way. No body was meant to be upset.

I mean come on though... a female Dwarf...ok, i can handle that. What next? Orlan Cipher? Cool. Not the strongest exactly. Let's see who's up next... a female priest...ok, surely next will be a warrior? Oh, a female Paladin. How about the wizard? Oh, it's a health and safety inspector. Next one has to be a beast of a character! No, it's a bald, old, unarmed man. I mean, seriously? I realise they are looking to avoid obvious cliches, but don't you yhink just maybe it's been taken a touch too far?

Besides, i'm not so much disappointed at Obsidian as disgusted by the average IQ of my fellow homo sapiens for turning down extra content. Quite simply that's a lack of effective computational brain activity right there. I don't blame Obsidian; they generously offered more characters and levels.

Edited by cornishr
  • Like 2

Let's get the lie detectors out and ask do you really think there is no difference in strength and aggression levels between men and women?

In a fantasy crpg? I give you Khalid v. Sharteel ... FIGHT!

Honestly, there's no reason to choose a man over a woman because you want a stronger/more-aggressive companion in a crpg.

You'd go by their stats for that.

I can understand wanting a fair mix of male+female, human/elf/dwarf/orlan/aumaua companions.

If ALL the companions are female or ALL of them are Elves, there are understandable complaints from a variety persective.

Finally, someone else said it.

You are simply a sheep. Try thinking for yourself one day. And try being honest for a change. 

Yeah, yeah. Keep telling yourself that, mate. *pats on the head*

Let's get the lie detectors out and ask do you really think there is no difference in strength and aggression levels between an average man and an average women? Only one truthful answer there, so you're either sexist or a liar. Undoubtedly both, like everybody else. And do you really think video game sales are evenly split 50% to males, 50% to females? Yeah, right, i believe you lol 

I thought the whole point of playing a fantasy game was that the heroes are anything but average. Also, in PoE, even the fighters mainly use soul magic (fighter-y soul magic, but magic nonetheless) to get the job done (instead of relying on raw strength and agression levels).

Yes, loudly clamoring for more buff & gruff male heroes and vocally opposing even a hint of diversity will help to attract so many new female players.

I don't feel i'm being particularly out of order by wanting one, just a single solitary one, large, scary, grizzled buggur in my party. 

And that's not why you were called sexist. You were called sexist because your comments about the female party members (especially the ones concerning the priest, who isn't hot enough for you to consider having her in the party) were sexist. Surprised?

Have you ever actually met any women? I'm assuming not. Let me tell you straight off, they generally don't like fighting monsters with swords. Fact.

Then again, men generally don't like fighting monsters with swords either. Your point?

Edited by aluminiumtrioxid
  • Like 4

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

You are simply a sheep. 

... what? For telling you to stop taking this stuff so seriously?

It's a video game. You can do whatever the heck you want either either gender.

Have you ever actually met any women? I'm assuming not. 

what?

Let me tell you straight off, they generally don't like fighting monsters with swords. Fact.

Neither do men? Because monsters don't exist?

disgusted by the average IQ of my fellow homo sapiens for turning down extra content. Quite simply that's a lack of effective computational brain activity right there.

.... you are quite frankly one of the most amazing posters I have seen in a while. 

• Like 2

I have no clue what other women prefer using, but I think I'd like fighting monsters with a magical bullwhip that creates multiple lightning bolts upon contact. Alas that's often not an option. ;(

...but a sword's ok, too. :cat:

• Like 7
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts