Update #72: Death Godlike and Expected Ship Date

As for the whole "stretchgoal" discussion, I am one of the people voting 'no'... now you might wonder "Why not accept free additional content?" like a poster on the previous page.

EDIT: 2 pages back now.

Since the content ISN'T free.

The stretchgoals where set up after the Backer portal went life, assumingly to linger on new pre-orders (read; money) on the game. It's not far a stretch to imagine the leaving off the goals simply has to do with not sufficient money being brought this way as Obsidian expected. No cash, no way to add that 'free' content. Not without cutting edges on other fronts that is. And I am glad that Obsidian decided not to do so.

This is their change to show without Publisher preasure they can deliver a bug-free, finished product. Shoe-horning features in without having the funds for them has a great risk of tarnishing that, and establishing a true conviction amongst some that even without leash, OE makes buggy products. I wouldn't want that, they wouldn't want that, do you want that?

Hence I voted no. The risk/offset is just too big.

But in the end it really didn't matter what we thought about it, all that mattered was if they got the finances to do so. Apparently, they didn't.

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Really curious about the Godlike. Thought that each "normal" race could have godlike but it seems that the godlike are a distinct race. So there won't be aumaua death godlikes, dwarf death godlikes or orlan death godlikes etc.

They  are not a distinct race, there will likely dwarf death godlike etc. see quote below:

Godlike can be born to parents of any race. When you create a godlike character, we plan to support selection of any racial "subtype".

I'm very supportive of idea to have "blessed" to be less subtle in their appearance. Most games just have some skin color and small features like horns, cat-like pupils, some funky hair color. I appreciate Obsidian for being braver in this decision. Death godlike are very convincing just the name bother me a bit. Death is a strong word wonder if people of dyrwood have different name for those who carry this curse.I almost would not mind to be called out crustyface, crabface, mushroomdome, murderhead as long word death or death-kin won't be dropped every conversation involving my player character.

• Like 1

2vcyrma.jpg

Oh yeah. I got carried away and couldn't help but put some boobs on my model. o:)

Yes, I believe this is an adjustment that should be made. Of course, it's entirely possible that the model is oddly proportioned below the waist to look better in isometric projection.

Thank you for the eye candy update.

I'm disappointed you decided not to pursue the supplemental Kickstarter, but I understand. Good luck with the remainder of the project.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Ohhhh!

i forgot to ask, i hope the developers still see this.

I was expecting the option to upgrade your pledge be released with the new Kickstarter goals,

but since that won't happen, i am wondering if there is still a plan to implement this in the future, or will we only ever be able to get a higher tier if we pay the full price again?

• Like 1

No more stretch goals? What's your reasoning behind that? I thought the polls showed most in favour.

personally I don't like the Death Godlike, but it looks like I'm alone in that.

And the druid cat... well, I can live with it.

I guess you can't please everyone all the time.

My one concern with the Death Godlike is that their horn growths look too much like a helm, rather than an integral part of the head.

• Like 2

Awesome art :)

I wish people wouldn't use ship dates like "Winter 2014", the seasons are different in other parts of the world so dates like that mean nothing to those outside of America (well we can work it out but it's still anoying).

For what it's worth, we use dates like "4th quarter 2014", or 4Q14 for short.

How many types of Godlike are there?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

^I meant like Death, Earth, etc.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Great update !!! Thanks. 

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

I'm confused. Which stretch goals are they talking about, exactly? More classes, more dungeons, more companions?

None of the kickstarter campaign stretch goals. They were asking our opinion on post-kickstarter stretch goals. They decided not to do that. Mega Dungeon and so on are still in.

Liking the genuine uniqueness and diversity in the godlike, will there be a godlike for each major god?

Really interested to see more of the druids various forms so bring on that druid update.

I agree the final model looks a bit off if i had to put it into words i would say that the the concept art looks more like a cat where as in the final model some lion like proportions have appeared on the face.

Does it me, or all this post-stretch goals sounds like blackmail? We have so much great ideas, but we will use them only if u give us more money - if no, oh well, u ofc will have all previous stuff, but all new shiny things will be gone.

If u have some cool ideas just use them, dont just ask more money for every new NPC. And dont start with budget pls.

I have this sudden vision of a party full of Druids. Cats ftw! ;) Still loving the interior designs, too.

...I don't know about you, but when this fall is nearing its end, I know I'm going to be endlessly joking "Winter is coming!" while cackling with anticipatory glee.

I try not to think too much about what the game might be, because I prefer to find out what the game is (when released), but I love the updates, so as always, thanks for them.

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

So who is offended by this thought: the Earth god-like creature art looks great, but... what if that was a guy? It might seem a little, well, pansy elf-like. :- Is there a more masculine equivalent?