Elder Scrolls Online

Hurlshort

The game is okish and even fun to play, but it needs A LOT of balancing in terms of stamina vs magicka and a number of skills (some DKs skills, some sorc skills, vampire skillset) when it comes to PvP environment.

Outside of PVP how are you finding it, are there a number of high level raid options? So in other words what do you do once you have reached maximum level?

There is quite a few vet raid instances. Also this is coming up soonish ->

Don't get me wrong, it still has issues with PvE, especially when not in a dungeon, but dungeons are okish. PvP has a lot of potential but needs balancing, badly... the problem is, that if you balance for PvP, you will most likely ruin PvE balance, and the other way around... so far it's more focused on PvE balance, hence the PvP is a real mess, with some really super strong combinations.

That video for Craglorn looks excellent, I like the way they will incentivise you complete the trials in a certain time. That will create some competitive fun amongst the guilds :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

• Like 1

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

Achievement unlocked: Slaughtered hahahahahahahhhaahhahahahahh

2 gold for a boss hahahhahahahahah

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Guest Slinky

Not to defend ESO that much, especially the issues with grouping and instances sound ridiculous, but Joe sure does whine about small things too. It's a part of his show I guess, but I do find the guy a bit tiring.

Not to defend ESO that much, especially the issues with grouping and instances sound ridiculous, but Joe sure does whine about small things too. It's a part of his show I guess, but I do find the guy a bit tiring.

I find him funny but also utterly tiring, all his reviews are basically about finding the humorous faults in games that sometimes aren't that bad and making a big deal about them

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

This game is sometimes very hard.  I died like 7 times trying to complete a solo instance.  Finally gave up, paid a huge repair bill, and decided to try again after getting some better gear and a level or at least some skill points.

I enjoy the challenge, seems better than most MMO's I've played in that regard.

• Like 1

John Milton 

Yeah, the crafting is pretty amazing and complex.  It's hard not to want to focus on all the disciplines.  For example, I noticed a few of my pieces of gear were pretty low, so today I crafted a new sword, shield, belt, and boots.  Now the first step to becoming a decent crafter is to research.  You unlock traits by researching item with those traits.  It destroys the item, but then you can craft stuff with those traits as long as you have a precious gem.  I've got a few traits researched for most armor and weapons at this point.  The traits vary between giving magicka, stamina, health, speed, critical and durability boosts.  There are a lot.

So I make a sword with a decent trait, and then I use a honing stone to increase it's damage, which turns it into a green item.  I can actually improve it all the way to an epic weapon if I have the improvement materials, but at this point I'm happy with it being green.  Then I go to the enchantment table.  I've got a lot of runes translated at this point, and I can make glyphs at a decent level, so I whip up a frost damage weapon glyph and apply it to my sword.  Viola, I have a fancy magic sword.  Oh, I almost forgot, you can unlock all sorts of racial motifs that decide what your sword looks like.  So I really enjoy the breton style heavy armor, and the redguard swords.  There are 10 different styles to craft as.

Returning to the giant mushroom regions from Morrowind reminds me of what an interesting world this can actually be when you get away from the typical medieval europe regions.

I'm up to level 28 and still enjoying it tremendously.  I've done a bit of PvP, it's similar to Guild Wars 2.  Basically I sneak around carefully and try not to get ganked.

• Like 1

Soooo.... I bought this and made a Breton DragonKnight.

It's interesting but I don't think it'll really come alive until I can pop in on my friends who are playing from my WoW guild.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

It's interesting but I don't think it'll really come alive until I can pop in on my friends who are playing from my WoW guild.

You can join a five guilds, so I'll see if I can get you an invite to mine.  Otherwise we can make a small one for the few of us Obsidianites playing, just to help us track each other down.  My name is @hurlshot

You can join a five guilds, so I'll see if I can get you an invite to mine.  Otherwise we can make a small one for the few of us Obsidianites playing, just to help us track each other down.  My name is @hurlshot

I'm very close to purchasing this game, I am at the end of my normal MMO evaluation period and so far the game is looking good and successfully passed most  of my criteria points for MMO  investment

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

John Milton